• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
He's been bumped hugely recently, seeing as no one can deny that Futile's Wario can't be doing THAT well on pure skill. HE's in high tier at the moment and I think he has a good chance of staying there, he's a very good character

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's been bumped hugely recently, seeing as no one can deny that Futile's Wario can't be doing THAT well on pure skill. HE's in high tier at the moment and I think he has a good chance of staying there, he's a very good character
I know, Futile is doing a kick a** job of promoting Wario and letting people see his potential. It just seems that most of the people that I talk to place him way down somewhere near middle tier. I just get the feeling that even after seeing how well Futile does, that people will still dismiss Wario and place him lower.

penguinman

Smash Apprentice
top tier

Meta Knight
Snake

high tier

Game and Watch
Falco
Marth
Pit
R.O.B.
Wario
Toon Link
Diddy
Pikachu
Olimar

mid tier

king dedede
Luigi
kirby
Donkey kong
Ice climbers
wolf
Zelda
Zamus
Lucario
fox
Bowser
Shiek
Ike
link
Mario
lucas
Samus

low teir

pokemon trainer
Sonic
Ness
jiggs
Peach

Bottom Tier

Yoshi
Ganon
Captain Falcon

this is my unbiased tier list, please don't flame me. i rarely post just when I need some thing said.~pen

Theftz22

Smash Lord
olimar and diddy should be high tier. Wolf is better than fox. Yoshi should be low. Lucas and ness mid. Toon Link should be lower and Dedede should be higher.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
top tier

Meta Knight
Snake

high tier

Game and Watch
Falco
Marth
Toon Link
R.O.B.
Pit
Wario
Dedede
Luigi
Pikachu

mid tier

Donkey kong
Ice climbers
Zelda
Diddy
Olimar
Lucario
Kirby
Fox
Wolf
Zamus
Bowser
Shiek
Mario
Samus
pokemon trainer

low teir

Sonic
Peach
lucas
Jigglypuff
Ike
Ness

Bottom Tier

Yoshi
Ganon
Captain Falcon

this is my unbiased tier list, please don't flame me. i rarely post just when I need some thing said.~pen
ZSS should be higher and ROB is too high IMHO.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Link isn't on the list. I think Wolf and Kirby should be higher, Luigi should be lower, but towards the top part of the mid list. Samus should be lower. Etc, the list seems incomplete, the pokemon aren't split up, and so forth. Even if they have fatique, I am sure there is some way to rate them.

argh ffs plz dont refer to that match up chart. saying sonic has more + / - match ups than jiggs etc means NOTHING when that chart is entirely subjective. only a few checks are indisputable, like marth vs ness. rest has no worth.
When Alphazealot put that in the OP of this entire topic.......I think it has some worth if they actually find it useful enough to use it as a point of reference in this topic

penguinman

Smash Apprentice
Link isn't on the list. I think Wolf and Kirby should be higher, Luigi should be lower, but towards the top part of the mid list. Samus should be lower. Etc, the list seems incomplete, the pokemon aren't split up, and so forth. Even if they have fatique, I am sure there is some way to rate them.
thanks, I knew I deleted something, and I dont know alot about the pt system:psycho: so I figured I would have less chance of failing miserably

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
The best possible tier list should start from level 9 computer players. They actually have a plan for what would or what could happen...I guess. It should go by those matches, because they know what to do, but this is still a bad way also.

The best possible tier list should start from level 9 computer players. They actually have a plan for what would or what could happen...I guess. It should go by those matches, because they know what to do, but this is still a bad way also.
No no no no no.

Testing against CPUs is the WORST possible way to formulate a Tier list.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Do level 9 CPUs win you all the time, yup?

Faulkie

Smash Rookie
Yeah, they're right. The game developers tried to make the characters as balanced as possible, so as with every fighting games, tiers should not be as clear, because the characters will act in such a way that the "balanced" nature of the characters should shine through.

However, what tier lists is about is advanced tactics and strategies, or glitches and the like which can be used and exploited by players. This is what gives certain characters an advantage. But how many computers did you see wavedashing in melee? (:

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Wario is defiantly high tier material because of his non stop crazy air combos. Wario has to have the best air combo potential in the game along with jigglypuff, he is a monster when it comes to air combat.

The only thing that has the possibility of pushing him down the list is a lack of conventional kill moves. He really only has one air attack that kills, a move that you have to try to not negate. His forward smash is probably his best, but it still has pretty bad range...

Yea, the only problem Wario can have sometimes is killing, but in the hands of a good player, you can figure it out anyway.

gantrain05

Smash Master
honestly i think lucas should be way higher up there than bowser is, bowser really only has a couple of matchups where he has the advanatage and even then its very slight.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Also emblem lord believes marth is not the best character in the game, obviously being under snake, MK, G&W, and Falco , which is what most people with an IQ above average agree on. he dosent think marth is top tier, marth will never be of that calibur(and everyone who mains marth knows that)
Please, stop putting words in both Emblem Lord's, and many other Marth users mouths. If you actually played attention to him, he says Marth is the 5th best character, AT WORST. He would most firmly place Marth right under Metaknight right now, I think. I know from discussion with him that he doesn't feel that Marth overcoming the top tier is farfetched either, especially with all the interesting and diverse things we are learning to do with his moveset. Essentially, to say that the intelligent and experienced part of the Marth community universally agrees that he's the 5th best is a heavy claim with little support to it, especially when the leader of those boards disagrees himself. >.>

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
It just happens to be that since the higher tier characters are easier to pick up and some of the low-tier characters literally have to chance against someone of their level who is high tier, no one uses the low-tier characters in tournament play.
Ya, the reason that they are low tier is because they are bad, and therefore people don't use them... and i agree with EVERYONE that says your list fails on so many levels. make a new list or make your old one better, gosh!!!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Top Tier
Sonic
Yoshi
Ganon
Captain Falcon
High Tier
Link
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ivysaur
Samus
Mid Tier
Shiek
Bowser
Charizard
Peach
Wario
Fox
Lucas
Ness
Luigi
Low Tier
Game and Watch
Dedede
Ike
Zelda
Diddy
Zamus
Donkey
Wolf
Kirby
Olimar
Squirtle
Pikachu
Ice climbers
R.O.B.

Bottom Tier
Pit
Snake
Meta Knight
Falco
Toon Link
Marth

I believe this is the best teir list ever XD lolololol
Wow... you took a good list and put it upside-down, aren't you funny...

RedfishX

Smash Cadet
Penguin Tier list version whatever it is.
Good job. Looks a lot like my tier list. Except...

Ness is incredibly too low. He's at least higher than Yoshi. And, in my opinion, Ike is mid-tier, no matter what anyone says. Finally, on this note...Lucas? There? Are you for real?

Another thing: Look at how low Wolf is placed. He's high tier, just not high up in it. He doesn't even deserved to be stooped to being placed at the top of mid-tier. He's high tier, just not very high up into it. He can still win.

Dedede is also too low. As it turns out, he is in fact better than Kirby and Luigi.

And, I honestly thought it was proven that Snake > MK, at least, for tier purposes.

This tier list has quite a few minor/major (depending on what your opinion of relativity is) differences. (if you want I can give you a link back to it) Personally, I believe Yoshi is third to last.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
top tier

Meta Knight
Snake

high tier

Game and Watch
Falco
Marth
Pit
R.O.B.
Wario
Toon Link
Diddy
Pikachu
Olimar

mid tier

Luigi
kirby
king dedede
Donkey kong
Ice climbers
wolf
Zelda
Zamus
Lucario
fox
Bowser
Shiek
link
Mario
Samus
pokemon trainer

low teir

Sonic
Peach
lucas
Yoshi
Ike
Ness

Bottom Tier
jiggs
Ganon
Captain Falcon

good list, this is one of the first ones that i am not completely appalled with, although there are a few changes that i would make, jiggs, ness, and lucas up, sonic down, ike up a little, and marth in top tier, but nice job!:laugh::):laugh:

RedfishX

Smash Cadet
redfish, are you aware that i had never said what you quoted?
Yes, about 50 pages back people started getting miffed because people were quoting whole tier lists with 35-40 characters, and it wasted scrolling space.

Do you understand the point they, and now I, were/am trying to make?

Blad01

Smash Lord
I think that later (i don't how to say "à terme" :/), MK won't be top tier anymore. He will just be Very High Tier.

RedfishX

Smash Cadet
redfishx you are right, mine is biased, but honestly, would you put marth anywhere other than top tier, and if so, why????
I think that later (i don't how to say "à terme" :/), MK won't be top tier anymore. He will just be Very High Tier.

To Ike is solid: Marth stays High Tier. He's good, but not MK good, or even G&W good. If he does sneak his way into Top, it'll be the bottom spot of it.

To Blad01: First of all: Awesome. I never knew a French Brawler.

Secondly: As long as people keep finding new stuff for G&W, it's likely.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
To Ike is solid: Marth stays High Tier. He's good, but not MK good, or even G&W good. If he does sneak his way into Top, it'll be the bottom spot of it.
OK, all right I guess you are right, except that I never said he would be the highest of the top tier, just that he should be in it, which he should, and I agree he should be lower top tier.

and also, french guy, you rock, I also have never heard of a "pro french brawler" rock on!!!:laugh:

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace

To Blad01: First of all: Awesome. I never knew a French Brawler.

Secondly: As long as people keep finding new stuff for G&W, it's likely.
I firmly and respectfully disagree. I believe Marth to be better than G&W, merely because although Marth doesn't have "tricks", his entire moveset isn't being utilized yet, despite the entire thing being useful. Most Marth's (myself included) are still Fair/Dancing Blade spamming and using F-smash and Nair to kill. Though is this is effective, its leaving ourselves to be extremely predictable and leaves them vulnerable to certain play styles.

He is easily the most flexible character in the game when you factor in all of his moves, being able to laugh at spot-dodgers, shields, approaches and aggressive opponents alike. Heck, even tournament data is showing that he's doing quite well, only below DDD, Meta and Snake.

Top tier? Probably.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
Marth should sneak in to top tier. Unlike any character in this game, he has the ability to use every single one of his moves because they are all effective.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
No no no no no.

Testing against CPUs is the WORST possible way to formulate a Tier list.
No really. I said it was a bad idea, but in truth, that is only because I forgot what I was going to originally say. When you hang from an edge, the CPUs will get in a possition that will allow them to strike you no matter what, unless you are a fast character. Having that in tournament play will influence the tier list, since the tiers are made from tourneys anyway. But, it is likely that it is a bad idea, not the worst. The worst is using level 1, wouldn't you agree.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Is it just me or does it seem that everyone believes that their character is some how a counter to Snake. I've looked through lots of character boards and whenever someone brings up the topic of how to fight Snake everyone always responds with "Snake isn't hard just blah, blah, blah". They make it seem as if Snake isn't a challenge at the slightest. For example in the Falco boards someone said that Snake is forced to crouch because of lasers and shine, he can be 0-death with a CG, and you can spike him out of a cypher. What they ignore is the fact that Snake is one of the only characters that can completely bypass Falco's keep away game by simply crouching, and he can hold a grenade to stop the CG. Falco does outclass him off the stage, but Snake ***** him on the stage because his up close game completely total's Falco. It seems that people think Falco along with other characters have a definite advantage over Snake, but personally these all simply seem like even match-ups. I don't think that Snake dominates that many match-ups, but I don't see him being dominated by other characters either. These so called Snake counters seem more like even match-ups than an actual advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom