• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight can deal with Snake easily, not to mention a few other characters who can take advantage of the fact his air game sucks and his recovery is easily gimped when done wrong.
YEAH RIGHT! SA frames on his up-b, infinite up-b's, powerful aerials. Where as Snake is worse in the air that doesn't make a char that is OK in the air own him. Jiggz is who I main and I am proud to be maining a char that boasts a good air game in brawl.(most others have an OK one)

asob4

Smash Champion
snakes up-b is easily gimped if you didn't know that. all you have to do is grab cypher, or grab him and wait for him to break the grab and he can't up-b again

Staco

Smash Champion
lol
if all of this posts here are true, so every characters has to be top tier xD

Staco

Smash Champion
ok, now here is my extrem good tier list for ssbb !!! ^^
god tier
all

bottom tier
rest x]

I think SSBB there cant be tiers, or not so much like in melee
Metaknight beats Olimar easy, Oli beats antoher one easy, and this one beats Metaknight
in SSBB you have to play more than one character
there are more more fighting styles like in ssbm
not only distance, sword and normal (some mixed)
in brawl you have speed sword, speed runners, big hammers, double hammers, banana junkies, and much more ^^
so we say, the speed sword stops the speed runner, the speed runner stops the big hammer and the big hammer stops the speed sword xD
lets go SSBB x]

Anytime_Minutes

Smash Apprentice
god tier
all

bottom tier
rest x]

Metaknight beats Olimar easy, Oli beats antoher one easy, and this one beats Metaknight
in brawl you have speed sword, speed runners, big hammers, double hammers, banana junkies, and much more ^^
so we say, the speed sword stops the speed runner, the speed runner stops the big hammer and the big hammer stops the speed sword xD
lets go SSBB x]
Like rock paper scissors

Browny

Smash Hater
snake is outdated. watching tourney vids of snake puts me to sleep, why count sheep when you can count how many upsmashes one can spam in a match. now wario is where the excitement is at, fart KO's are god tier.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
snake is outdated. watching tourney vids of snake puts me to sleep, why count sheep when you can count how many upsmashes one can spam in a match. now wario is where the excitement is at, fart KO's are god tier.
Bike is Also God Tier

His Fair too

Dair

and Upsmash are all god tier

Corigames

Smash Hero
god tier
all

bottom tier
rest x]

lets go SSBB x]
OH, how fun it was to be naive.

In melee, to counter one character, you played another. This is called counter picking. Just because you have found that one character is good against another, does not mean that you have somehow stumbled upon a new revelation. In melee, jigglypuff counter space animals, the spacies countered shiek, shiek countered marth, marth countered peach (examples merely), and so on. Every character has good and bad matchups, the bad characters are the ones who have no or very few good matchups. For instance, Yoshi is not good because he has a lot of bad matchups and no good one.

Another way to conter people aside from your character was in your personal playing style. I countered foxes with my play style yet I had a friend who also played Samus but had problems with them. he, however, was amazing against Falcon whereas I wasn't. We played drastically different and it showed in our chracter matchups.

So, I'm sorry, but no. Brawl isn't better still.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
QFT

Charizard for god tier

On topic:

I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with snake. I just don't get it. Why is he supossed to be that good?
Well, let's see. He's got the most projectiles in the game, all of which are useful (some even broken). He's the third heaviest character in the game. His tilts KO (u-tilt is godly). He has almost infinite recovery. His down throw can be tech chased. All of his aerials are strong, have range, & almost all of them can be auto cancelled. Also, he has almost no bad matchups. There are a few characters that have advantages on him, but no one flat out ***** Snake. Seriously, what doesn't he have?

Zema

Smash Journeyman
no...

rock is bottom tier. its so obvious.
Exactly.

Paper Scissors Rock Tier List:

Top:
Scissor (Great character design, first off. He has a 1/3 possibility of winning games. Fantastic choice for anyone)

Middle:
Paper (A bit flat on the character design, but his chances of victory are just about as good as Scissors (1/3)!

Low:
Rock (OBVIOUSLY LOW! His character design is terrible, few people use him. His chances of victory are seriously flawed and horrible (1/3). Rock sucks)

Yeah. I took time in writing that. Sue me.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Ban Paper? Why ever would they do that?!

He has a great wavedash, even though his shffl is a bit on the downside. I believe rock should be banned.

plural

Smash Journeyman
paper is bottom tier....

seriously, its like offering a handshake.

scissors are top tier. can be cloaked.

rock is mid tier. too aggressive and obvious.

i thought rock was in bottom tier but after considering the handshake signal, it got moved up to mid.

Misterfister

Smash Rookie
think about it... rock has a distinct advantage for those with quick reaction times...

during the initial countdown, its customary to remain in a rock pose giving a slight advantage above all else should rock be the victor in said match. If the opponent choses paper, you see their hand open and can then switch to paper to end in a draw. Scissors would be to obvious. If someone then calls BS for you having a late reaction, you counter with "My reaction is slow... I win nonetheless."

Its all about mindgames

Grandeza

Smash Master
think about it... rock has a distinct advantage for those with quick reaction times...

during the initial countdown, its customary to remain in a rock pose giving a slight advantage above all else should rock be the victor in said match. If the opponent choses paper, you see their hand open and can then switch to paper to end in a draw. Scissors would be to obvious. If someone then calls BS for you having a late reaction, you counter with "My reaction is slow... I win nonetheless."

Its all about mindgames
that's some good logic actually.

plural

Smash Journeyman
good players can hide it til the last second...or fake you out.

its all about mindgames a little bit more than that.

D

Deleted member

OH, how fun it was to be naive.

In melee, to counter one character, you played another. This is called counter picking. Just because you have found that one character is good against another, does not mean that you have somehow stumbled upon a new revelation. In melee, jigglypuff counter space animals, the spacies countered shiek, shiek countered marth, marth countered peach (examples merely), and so on. Every character has good and bad matchups, the bad characters are the ones who have no or very few good matchups. For instance, Coreygames is not good because he has no idea about yoshi's matchups, or anything involving yoshi for that matter, and should stick to characters he knows something about. I edited for you, but i agree with most of what you said
Also paper has an adv. tech that lets him beat scizors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom