• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Giga Bowser won't be seen much once most ppl get serious about the game... Nice addition but it is only accessible via items~

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Great,now I really wish I would have stayed up for the update! Anyway,Giga Bowser looks like badass incarnate right now. You know,someone on the boards mentioned yesterday that GB was going to be Bowser's final smash,and I blew him off! With Bowser's new look,new "flavor",and this Giga Bowser thing,I think its safe to say that Bowser will be the king of the top tier!

megachao24

Smash Cadet
Bowser: "Give me some blood, you punks that nelgected me!"

At last, playing as Giga Bowser without an AR is a sweet deal. Time to unleash hell upon all who oppose him!

Coolio

Smash Rookie

At last, playing as Giga Bowser without an AR is a sweet deal. Time unleash hell upon all who oppose him!
Giga Bowser rocks! I hope they have something to do with crazy or master hand as well; mabye as an assist trophie.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
Not only did this update confirm Giga-Bowser but it confirmed airdodging. I'm not quite sure how they can have air dodging without wave dashing.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
who cares about wavedashing?! i only care that bowser has the coolest final smash so far! i love the fear in the fighters as they run away while he screams in the air. if i saw giga bowser, i'd probably sh*t my pants, and i think that's what everyone is doing in the pics.

giga bowser ftw!

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Bowser will definitely be top tier during Brawl, no more Fox/Falco/Marth dominating the competition. :p

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
Idk Toad can totally take gigabowser.

Also, for you folks saying bowser will be top tier...

1.)Stop assigning characters tiers the game isn't out yet.

2.)Toad could seriously own gigabowser in a fight.

3.)There is no cow level

On a lighter note... in seven days it is nintendo's turn at E3.

I got a phone call from Nintendo and when i answered it they said "seven days.....you will watch E3". Needless to say i was creeped out.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Not only did this update confirm Giga-Bowser but it confirmed airdodging. I'm not quite sure how they can have air dodging without wave dashing.
Having air dodging is a good sign that wavedashing is a possibility, but it's not a guarantee. Remember that to the programmers are now quite aware of wavedashing, so I'm sure it will not be hard to "fix" if they decide to eliminate it from the game, I would think that IF wavedashing is in, it'll purposely be part of the game, and probably made easier to do.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Yeah, Bowser will definitely be top tier during Brawl, no more Fox/Falco/Marth dominating the competition. :p
I think Bowser will be a lot of a higher tier now, but not because of Giga, I don't think in most tourneys they can use item. Giga is like a item (imo).

Still what a good update, best let. Is it just me or is this week been sick for updates or what.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

At last, playing as Giga Bowser without an AR is a sweet deal. Time to unleash hell upon all who oppose him!
^^^ My thoughts exactly!

Having air dodging is a good sign that wavedashing is a possibility, but it's not a guarantee. Remember that to the programmers are now quite aware of wavedashing, so I'm sure it will not be hard to "fix" if they decide to eliminate it from the game, I would think that IF wavedashing is in, it'll purposely be part of the game, and probably made easier to do.
Solid points, and I think WD will stay because the pros helping Sakurai with Brawl probably like it and want to keep it. It can be a very strategically benefitting move to say the least.

I think Bowser will be a lot of a higher tier now, but not because of Giga, I don't think in most tourneys they can use item. Giga is like a item (imo).

Still what a good update, best let. Is it just me or is this week been sick for updates or what.
^^^ Agreed 100%, and also very solid points. We keep getting better and better updates everyweek. Maybe this means we'll get WW Link the last week, lol!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace

Yeah, it really has! To be honest,I don't think it'll keep up. I think it will be something lame like "How to knock your enemy of the stage" for tonight and tomorrow.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
What do you mean airdodging confirmed? In all the earlier screens you often saw Pikachu air dodging. o_o

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Yeah, it really has! To be honest,I don't think it'll keep up. I think it will be something lame like "How to knock your enemy of the stage" for tonight and tomorrow.
Don't sat thing like that, I thing the way their going this week, they are just too hot right now.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Well honestly, the You Must Recover article wasn't that bad. I think it gave a decent example of how much easier it is to recover.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
My sentiments exactly.

Aside, why would any programmer in thier right mind purposefully put in wavedashing, now matter HOW strategic it is, when you already have the normal walking/running code in there?

Waenke

Smash Cadet
Giga Bowser? Awesome, but this is horrible news. Big charcters = no my stages like Hyrule Temple. =[ No even near close tight fit spaces is what i'm tryin to say.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I really hope Giga Bowser is the only morphing FS,unless the character transforms,does one huge attack,and then changes back.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Gigabowser owned by Toad? Toad sucks monkey balls.

Anyway, its finally a slew of great updates. Bowser might still not be top tier because I doubt competitive players will be playing with final smashes on. This just means that BowZOR is now 500% more kickass in casual games.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I really hope Giga Bowser is the only morphing FS,unless the character transforms,does one huge attack,and then changes back.
i do want a transformation for ganondorf, but one huge attack seems the best way to go anyway since giga is still bowser with the same moves and everything

BentoBox

Smash Master
What I really want to see now is how Clones got their movesets totally revamped. Falco and Ganon coming to mind 8].

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Zelda's kick is also confirmed. The zoom function on my wii shows her kicking in the fourth giga b. pic.

timthenchant3r

Smash Rookie
My sentiments exactly.

Aside, why would any programmer in thier right mind purposefully put in wavedashing, now matter HOW strategic it is, when you already have the normal walking/running code in there?
im pretty sure the debuggers for melee found wavedashing, but decided to leave it in anyway...at least thats what i've heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom