• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
If those arches at the ends prevent you from getting KOed, then this stage won't be so bad, since it won't be as easy to get a cheap KO. In fact, it could make it one of the most strategic stages. But that's only if those arches will stop you.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
you know looking at this, the stage doesn't seem as big anymore. i thought it would be twilight princess long, and even on horseback it took a long time to get across. but your picture doesn't make it seem that long. might not be too hard to KO someone.

but yeah mario's final smash would be a bitc* on this stage. either you get close to mario in the beginning or you're screwed
If my proportions are right...

2.5 FDs FTW!!1

I'm hesitant to make this a new thread...but a lot of people have been asking what type of info. they gave leading up to Melee's release, and today I remembered that before I found out about SWF, I used to check out this other site, which gave updates every so often on Melee. They mostly released characters who were returning, and basically just ended up revealing the initial roster prior to the release. There were still speculations (like the Mario/Yoshi trophy...people wondering if you could ride him). Anyway, for anyone who cares, there is a news archive for this particular site, which may help put things into perspective as far as the info being released for Brawl.

http://www.smashbrosmelee.com/news/archive.html

Oh, this was actually the site that first introducted me to SWF. So, yeah...

Salaad

Smash Ace

2.5 FDs FTW!!1

I'm hesitant to make this a new thread...but a lot of people have been asking what type of info. they gave leading up to Melee's release, and today I remembered that before I found out about SWF, I used to check out this other site, which gave updates every so often on Melee. They mostly released characters who were returning, and basically just ended up revealing the initial roster prior to the release. There were still speculations (like the Mario/Yoshi trophy...people wondering if you could ride him). Anyway, for anyone who cares, there is a news archive for this particular site, which may help put things into perspective as far as the info being released for Brawl.

Lol, 2 1/2 FD's FTW!!1 That's one big stage, it looks pretty hard to get a Side KO.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace

2.5 FDs FTW!!1

That box around the charcaters, I think thats how big the stage is, not that big.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
That box around the charcaters, I think thats how big the stage is, not that big.
No, it's zoomed in. Just look at the pictures; you can see that it's just between those cliffs. If you look at the whole stage in the first picture, you can see that it extends well beyond this.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
can you say 'banned due to fox running and laser camping'????? lol.

'in an attempt to reach the fox on the opposite side, ganondorf has attained 231% of damage. ooh, and just in time to take a n-air to the face. ouch.'
"To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you."

Not sure if that applies, but...you never know.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
No, it's zoomed in. Just look at the pictures; you can see that it's just between those cliffs. If you look at the whole stage in the first picture, you can see that it extends well beyond this.
I know that, but I think when you go out of the box, you go of the screen, then if you go a bit more you die. Because if what you said is true "it extends well beyond this" you can't really see your character at all, so i'm hoping your wong, if not, this stage is crap.

Osi

Smash Ace
I know that, but I think when you go out of the box, you go of the screen, then if you go a bit more you die. Because if what you said is true "it extends well beyond this" you can't really see your character at all, so i'm hoping your wong, if not, this stage is crap.
I'm thinking that is how it will work. I doubt they make a flat stage too long. It will be really complex on a 4 player match if you can jump off the broken sections, and they never said how long it takes to break/come back. The background looks amazing, I may play it just for that alone lol.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion

2.5 FDs FTW!!1

Thats a big stage right thur...

i love the looks of it, looks like it would be really fun to play on, and a lot of stratagies could be developed that make in an interesting counterpick.

But what if the SHL returns..

I would ban that thing like Ganons ban FD....

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I love it when people use art programs to discover stuff. It's awesome that the satge is that big, but it will still be band because of all the interference and whatnot.

Sariku

Smash Master
I love it when people use art programs to discover stuff. It's awesome that the satge is that big, but it will still be band because of all the interference and whatnot.
I agree with him, but hey, its always interesting to see what they come up with. I enjoy it^^

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Just wondering, how come it says "(Latest update-Eldin Bridge)" when, well... you haven't added Eldin Bridge or AT's or all that stuff before it?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
so newest update, combo attacks. you don't have to repeatedly press the button to do it. instead you can just hold it down. it does make things a bit easier now, huh?

at least we got a pic of metaknight doing something

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it will make it easier. But what if it keeps chopping/kicking and you get owned from behind because you can't stop it?

Yoshi Z

Smash Rookie
my bro. scarfetto told me that photobucket has some pics of ssbb but they r edited.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to use this update, I'll probably just stick to tapping A because it has worked fine for the past 5 years, so there's no reason to change it up.

Sariku

Smash Master
Its good to be back.

My personal opinion, I hate this. Very. Very. Very. Much. Hold down the A Button to do unlimited Kirby Punches. Or Fox Kicks. What's next? Hold B to have Link do the Unlimited Spin Attack? Making it not stop until you let go of B? Sakurai, you better have a good explanation about this, cause this COULD very well get ugly...

But on the bright side of things, say good bye to button mashers.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Fox is also confirmed to use his Laser, unfortunately still without flinching, and, also unfortunately, his Reflector.

Just wanted to say that because he's only listed as having Fox Illusion + Firefox on this thread.

Sariku

Smash Master
Fox is also confirmed to use his Laser, unfortunately still without flinching, and, also unfortunately, his Reflector.

Just wanted to say that because he's only listed as having Fox Illusion + Firefox on this thread.
Don't worry, the new layout will fix some of this stuff.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
This just means n00bs will think they are better than they really are. It sort of irks me for some reason though, I hate when easy things are made easier than they already are.

Sariku

Smash Master
This just means n00bs will think they are better than they really are. It sort of irks me for some reason though, I hate when easy things are made easier than they already are.
Like when in Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2, you could do the Kamehameha by pressing > O (over circle). When you just had to do P P P P E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom