• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
i dont see why they would remove wavedashing. it doesnt hinder anyones gameplay. players that cant do it, probably dont need it since they arent competitive. and those that are can use it bam!
IAWTP. This couldn't have been said better.

Osi

Smash Ace
im pretty sure the debuggers for melee found wavedashing, but decided to leave it in anyway...at least thats what I've heard
I really doubt QA could miss this, and if they did..... that's a poor job they did considering it most likely had both the JP and NA departments on its QA.

To the post about there being a code for run/walk in there as the reason for wavedash not being needed. The code for air dodge and landing collision is what created this bug, and who would take out a cool feature made without adding any more code? The fact is they most likely never really thought the pro gamers would use it like they do in tourneys. Thinking it was a small issue that had no reason to be removed it was likely a known shipable. Why waste time changing code for a bug that never hurts the game.

It is likely that wavedashing will be back if air dodge works the same as it did in melee(We already have video that the landing collision works similar). The Japanese developers are aware that the gaming community likes it being in as an advance technique too.

Anywho, I am really looking forward to the new info we get each day. I do hope the questions about sheik are cleared up soon. Releasing so much info this early is a nice touch, and keeps me entertained before work.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
It was to be expected that after two kick *** updates we would get something, not so great...

I was happy to see how smash attacks worked on different control schemes though... Definitely turns me away from a lone Wii remote...

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
^lol i know. i'll use it just to try it out. but it looks kinda ridiculous.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
At least we know things like:

1. We can still charge them.
2. There is a way to do them on the lone wiimote, and it doesn't involve shaking the controller in any way :D

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Because the lone Wii Remote is so limited with buttons, I doubt they will have anything like C-stick for that (holding a button and pressing a key on the control pad maybe:confused:), but probably for the rest of the controllers. I dont think it'll be a problem to eliminate a control from a specific controller and leave it for the rest though because that controller can still perform the same actions, just in a different way, with the others, it could be done in two ways. Honestly, I think that the gamecube controller should work the exact same way unless something new was added to the game, otherwise it would be pretty stupid in my opinion.

I still think that wavedashing will either be completely eliminated, or made a part of the game, some characters have wavedashes that are more difficult to do, others have simpler ones, some have longer ones, others have shorter wavedashes. If wavedashing was part of the game, the difference in sizes of wavedashes would probably be close, and it would probably be made easier to do. It's not impossible to fix this bug, but I believe the bug was left in Melee as a strategy for more advanced users, and was hardly mentioned, in Brawl, if they want to make this more incorporated into the game, they could, which is what I think they'll do. If they eliminate it completetly, it'll probably be due to the fact that most players of Smash are n00bs.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the classic controller is going to be the worst option. The wiimote alone doesn't seem all that bad, since using tilt attacks will be much simpler. Still, the gamecube controller is the best.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Because the lone Wii Remote is so limited with buttons, I doubt they will have anything like C-stick for that (holding a button and pressing a key on the control pad maybe:confused:), but probably for the rest of the controllers. I dont think it'll be a problem to eliminate a control from a specific controller and leave it for the rest though because that controller can still perform the same actions, just in a different way, with the others, it could be done in two ways. Honestly, I think that the gamecube controller should work the exact same way unless something new was added to the game, otherwise it would be pretty stupid in my opinion.
What are you talking about? The Wiimote setup is basically already like the c-stick. The hard part about performing smashes with a control stick is having to flick it quickly, which is hard to do in a split second, but the Wiimote setup is a control pad + 2 buttons, which would probably just as easy as c-stick. Wiimote setup seems like it would be easier to do smashes, IMO.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? The Wiimote setup is basically already like the c-stick. The hard part about performing smashes with a control stick is having to flick it quickly, which is hard to do in a split second, but the Wiimote setup is a control pad + 2 buttons, which would probably just as easy as c-stick. Wiimote setup seems like it would be easier to do smashes, IMO.
If the control pad is c-stick, how do you move exactly?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
interesting that we finally see how all control schemes work. the wii-mote is interesting, but i think i'd have a hard time with that one. plus the classic controller is awkward. why do they use the b button when it would of been easier (and more like the gamecube controller) if they used the a button

the grim lizard

Smash Master
interesting that we finally see how all control schemes work. the wii-mote is interesting, but i think i'd have a hard time with that one. plus the classic controller is awkward. why do they use the b button when it would of been easier (and more like the gamecube controller) if they used the a button
lucky for youoouuuu you can reconfigure it

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Using the Wiimote/Nunchuck would require you to get used to it for a while before you got a good feel. The classic controller can be reconfigured, so there's no problem with it really. If I had to choose though, it would be the classic controller or the Gamecube controller.

The Bino

Smash Lord
How is the Classic Controller Awkward to ppl

It makes perfect sense on why they made the 'B' button the attack button, im assuming the 'Y' button will be the special moves button and either 'A' or 'X' will be jump, im guessing 'A' will be jump.... its perfect for me being how i can bend my index finger at an angle and have my index finger over the 'A' button the whole time and wouldn't have to rely on my thumb for jumping, and could have my thumb move faster over to attack and special attacks

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Eldin looks pretty cool. I always loved that fight with the guy on the warthog.

The only problem is that the edges look like they're going to work like in that Super Mario Bros 2 stage in Melee, where if you go too far to one side you'll die. And we all know how much we love those stages.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I wonder if that guy can actually be hit and knocked off the bridge like in TP.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube controller for life. But yeah, the level sounds sweet, maybe you can knock him off the bridge and stop him from breaking it. :p

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I really hope they do bring Hyrule back from N64. I loved those days, especially with the tornado, that thing could really mess your day up.

Baha

Smash Cadet
idk about this stage, it looks super cool and everything and its really impressive on the eyes and i loved that part on Zelda BUT

Without edges it just looks like another Flat zone to me -_-

the grim lizard

Smash Master
idk about this stage, it looks super cool and everything and its really impressive on the eyes and i loved that part on Zelda BUT

Without edges it just looks like another Flat zone to me -_-
Stages don't come much flatter than that...

I don't know what everyone is complaining about anyway. The stage is HUGE...

I took the liberty of shrinking down one of the screens and putting it in it's approx. location for comparison...just look at it!

Baha

Smash Cadet

I took the liberty of shrinking down one of the screens and putting it in it's approx. location for comparison...just look at it!

oh dont get me wrong I can see its huge. I LOVE IT. Its just that I hated flat zone for the lack of edges and well im not sure if i'll hate or love this one

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I wonder if that guy can actually be hit and knocked off the bridge like in TP.
LOL, imagine having this map in MLG and when King Bulbin comes by, the players suddenly stop fighting and start killing him.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I personally think this stage sux hard donkey balls... no ledge, basically like someone said, another Flat Zone, with a Zelda theme to it and other things thrown in the mix, basically someone is going to get forced to the other side and get hit with a F-Tilt and be killed, i think it sux like i said earlier

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
No ledges makes the stage iffy to play on, which is a shame because it's a Zelda stage and it has some epic scenery.

I hope the other Zelda stage makes up for this one.
Ya, but hopefully there will be at least 4 Zelda stages, and maybe Past Stages too...we'll see...

I think the stage kind of blows because it's a flat boring stage with environmental hazards, I hope it's better when you play it, because right now, it looks worse than Icicle Mountain, IMO.

So far, all the stages have been awesome and I was really happy, but this dissapointed me... just a little bit.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I could care less about the lack of edges, it would just mean another Mushroom Kingdom type level, easy KO's. :p

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i know final smashes won't be in competitive play

but think of mario's finale on this stage it will be very long and the site did say it grows vertically

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
if c falcon still keeps his old combo style
then he might be able to combo opponent from 1 side to the other then kneeeeeeee.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

you know looking at this, the stage doesn't seem as big anymore. i thought it would be twilight princess long, and even on horseback it took a long time to get across. but your picture doesn't make it seem that long. might not be too hard to KO someone.

but yeah mario's final smash would be a bitc* on this stage. either you get close to mario in the beginning or you're screwed

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I personally think this stage sux hard donkey balls... no ledge, basically like someone said, another Flat Zone, with a Zelda theme to it and other things thrown in the mix, basically someone is going to get forced to the other side and get hit with a F-Tilt and be killed, i think it sux like i said earlier
This stage is like three times bigger than Flatzone...

And it reminds me more of FD than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom