• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waenke

Smash Cadet
of course bowser is going to be slow, but he looks....old! he's aged quite a bit, just look at him!
Yeah, I was disappointed by the look when I saw it..I'll feel like I'm playing with or against some old guy when he's in the fray...it just won't be the same. =\

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they made bowzer look old they made him look more evil and less cartoonish. The mario series needs but only one cartoonish dinasour.

BentoBox

Smash Master
It's the lack of hair compared to his SSBM form that makes him look somewhat older. His hair also isn't as brightish-red than it used to be.

SliK

Smash Journeyman
This is for all the people who say bowser looks slower. HOW in gods name can you tell? its a screen shot i see absolutely no movement whatsoever unless your so insane about this game that you see things... OLD

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
today's update is great, cause bowser is one of my mains, and i'm happy!

his fire breath, amazing! his Koopa Klaw, wicked awesome! his claws get extremely longer in the pics...awesome!

plus, this has got to be the most EVIL looking bowser...EVER!

yeah, he'll probably be the first character i'll play as again when i get brawl.
QFT

all i need now is donkey and yoshi
(i'm good with low tiers and animals)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I don't think they made bowzer look old they made him look more evil and less cartoonish. The mario series needs but only one cartoonish dinasour.
I do think he looks older, but your right about "they made him look more evil and less cartoonish." But Bowzer is evil, but more funny (cartooish). I think they should have gon for the cartoonish look.

Still Bowser looks good.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
he does look old. i thought that the first time i saw him. his teeth and especially his face. like an old man. lol i will feel bad when im beating him up now.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The way Bowser looks now... he kinda looks slower...

Still, Blastoise doesn't have s*** on him.

Edit: His final smash is going to be so extreme...
Bowser looks f***** sick, excuse my language, but he does. I can't wait to see my main man Blastoise's new look (as a Pokeball Pokemon)=sick! :009:

O, and his Final Smash isn't going to be extreme, it will be super extreme! :) And why do people think he looks old, he looks realistic, awsome, and massively awsome! Bowser looks straight up sick, no doubt in my mind! :)

~rh

Smash Lord
You better hope that the Blast-man is gonna be in Brawl, in any shape or form. It be sick if he was playable, but those are just fantasies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
he does look old. i thought that the first time i saw him. his teeth and especially his face. like an old man. lol i will feel bad when im beating him up now.
that's the thing that bothered me first actually was his mouth. it stands out more than any other feature of his body cause it looks pale. plus his mouth is wrinkly around the corners.

but if the picture is smaller or you look at it from far away, it makes bowser look more sinister and powerful.

nevertheless, i like the look. i don't like the "cartoony" bowser they have in the party games. i've always loved the look in melee, and that's what they did, upgraded the melee look.

now i wonder whether they'll use the roars from melee, or give bowser his voice from recent mario titles

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Some things to say:

Omg, Bowser looks biger then he did in Ssbm, I like this a lot, POWER!!!

Look how that flag stands out. Do you think the update tommrow will be some thing about Fire Emblem.? Characters? Stages?

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
He also has a more cartoony feel, like he's supposed to. Melee Bowser was too shiny, and the attempt in Melee to look like... some kind of heartless beast... failed miserably. Because Bowser really DOES have feelings... Anyway, I'm glad he's not all shiny anymore. Though a few sit-ups now and then would help a lot...

The Bino

Smash Lord
All Mario have that CARTOONISH look to everyone single one of em, that's how Nintendo has done all Mario games everytime so of course every single Mario related char is going to look Cartoonish.... that's just how Miyamoto has created all of em

Coolio

Smash Rookie
???Daisy???

Do you think daisy diserves to be in SSBB? She's basically another Peach but in orange... Theres really no point; just a waste of a character. I hope Sakurai made the right decision!...:)

Sandy

Smash Champion
It's good to see that during the crunch time before E3 we are getting phenomenal updates. Getting more confirmed returning characters is always a bonus, and of course, assist trophies are really something else. Hopefully this trend of useful updates will continue for the remaining time before E3. And then, hopefully we will get something good at E3--a new trailer, new characters, or something else of that caliber.

If I had to venture a guess as to what updates we might get, I would say a character profile for Meta Knight is likely and perhaps some of his specials at a later time. A new tune might also show up. I also wouldn't be surprised if we received another returning character before E3. Lastly, I expect another assist trophy to be shown.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be so exciting when the special moves updates come for either metaknight or snake. So far their moves are a complete mystery. At least with wario and pit we had an idea.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
All Mario have that CARTOONISH look to everyone single one of em, that's how Nintendo has done all Mario games everytime so of course every single Mario related char is going to look Cartoonish.... that's just how Miyamoto has created all of em
True, but they can all have a more mature look but still have a cartoonish image. Just look at Mario's Brawl picture. He looks comical, yet serious.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I was right... Bowser's final smash is EXTREME.

Giga Bowser returns and now he's invincible and usable. Has anyone noticed the pattern yet? Check out the characters on Sakurai's poll. Hammer Bro and Giga Bowser showed up on there and now they have been added to gameplay in some way.

I think it's safe to use the poll as a solid source for speculation now.

user_name

Smash Apprentice
New Update: Bowser's Final Smash is a temporary transformation into Giga Bowser.

- Giga Bowser looks AWESOME
- This confirms that temporary transformations as Final Smashes are in
- This brings back the possibility of Zamus being a Final Smash transformation
- Will he do something similar for Ganondorf/Ganon? (would be awesome)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
GIGA BOWSER looks pretty beastly.

Anyways, I doubt Zero Suit Samus is a final smash transform, because honestly, that would just suck. Its not like Zero Suit is "Super Samus", or like it is temporary. Also, having all that work on a character with a gun/beam whip just for it only to be accessed by an item is kinda dumb.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Z. samus can't be a Final Smash, you see her in almost every Poc, she couldn't be a Final Smash, Giga Looks awesome.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Here's to those who wanted GigaBowser as a playable character...

btw...it seems Zelda has her Golden Toe Kick back, based on the last picture there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom