• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamayun

Smash Cadet
Guys if you highlight the entire page hidden captions appear explaining the story. You know, in case you hadn't figured it out yet.

Sandy

Smash Champion
OK, logical answer to This World is. Mario and Kirby are joining forces and they are gonna battle people from Kirby land. Mario and Kirby join hands for a moment meaning they are gonna help each other out. I'm thinking that "this world" is a mode where you choose a character to battle along side a random character and help him out with facing his enemies and all that that he regularly faces in his original video game's world.

Or this could just be Co-op on Adventure Mode.

Gamayun

Smash Cadet
...Honestly I think you are looking into it too deeply... didn't anyone stop to think they are just shaking hands before battling?
is this referring to my comment? Its not like I'm making any of this up, just press Ctrl + a to highlight the Smash Dojo main page, they hid the captions on purpose. Unless you weren't referring to me, then you can just ignore this post.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
look at the picture order

mario wins and kirby is a trophy

however he gives kirby new life and this confuses kirby

then they shake hands saying that we won't turn each other into trophies no more

however this broke the rules and then the story unfolds

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
You forgot the caption order. That's the main important thing. The captions don't match up. That's the most essential part which flaws the "Mario and Kirby breaking the rules" theory.

This is what I wrote in the other topic:

Let's repost two of my posts here, since people obviously missed them:

Perhaps you are all looking too much in the handshake. The text "But..." came before the Halberd screenshot, and the "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." is after that same screenshot.

Maybe the character in the last screenshot wasn't the result of something, it was the beginning.

See it as this. Mario turning Kirby into a normal character is just some way to show respect. Shaking hands is a way of respect. Maybe Mario wanted to duke it out again. See, their sole purpose is to brawl. If I'm reading this correct, it means that they know of nothing else than to brawl. They like to brawl. Being turned into a trophy means being discarded as a not worthy opponent.

Maybe turning back into a trophy has nothing to do with being defeated. Being turned back to life however does have to do about brawling.

Why assume any of the BRAWLERS are the ones breaking the rules? The Brawlers, from what I make up of the text, don't have their own will. Their only input is the way they fight and such. They have no need to be free, for them brawling is all they have, all they can do. They're just trophies, they don't need to eat or sleep, so the only thing they can do is brawl. Perhaps they even enjoy it.

But what if something breaks this lifestyle, something from outside? We all assume the clouded character is something created by breaking the rules, but could it be the other way around? That the clouded character is breaking the rules? Like Sakurai says, in this world, TROPHIES fight. That is the only real rule explained.

Who knows, maybe the clouded character isn't a trophy, but something from "outside", outside this world, outside the rules. Maybe it isn't part of the rule, but it can still break it.

To me, it seems that this is the intro to the first match, where Mario and Kirby encounter this character. Why the Halberd is there, I don't know, maybe it has come to the rescue, and comes after the you have defeated the enemy.

There are some others who share the same opinion.

Also, Sakurai never said that the characters are being forced to fight.
It's more than possible that they enjoy it, since it is, after all, all they know.
So throw those "blah blah theyr enslavd and need to b rescued bai etaknight@!" Theories, ideas and nonsense outt he window.
I think Mario reviving Kirby has nothing to do with the so called "Breaking the Rules," because the picture was put way before that bit of dialog. In fact, if Mario didn't revive Kirby, how would they be able to fight again, as per the rules of "This World?"

The hand shaking was nothing more than good sportsmanship: what else would you expect between Mario and Kirby?

As far as breaking the rules go, I think that weird-looking robot thing is the one "breaking the rules," thus ushering chaos in to the world. Whether intentional or not, it appears to be the "bad guy," trying to bring an end to the world of Smash as we know it.

A possibility is it aims to defeat the smashers and have them permanently become trophies, making the concept of death much more real. That would obviously have extremely dire consequences. A hero, now, must obviously risk his/her own life to thwart the foe.
This backs up what I've thought of. What if the arrival of Meta Knight coincided with the arrival of that clouded character? Meta Knight had nothing to do with it at all. He just came to warn the brawlers of their arrival.

Coolio

Smash Rookie
You know those monster/dust things on the bottom of that robot type dude sort of looks like Smorg from Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door

I dont know for sure, but at this point it could be anything at all...

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
This is definitely a big cliffhangar of an update

The only real difference is that the US version has a release date, this makes the update where the US got the release date significantly lacking for the UK(only the 15 second gameplay clip).
thanks, too bad for the UK though

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i think that the people breaking the rules are the meta-knight, and other various villains hinted at in could form. they are breaking the rules, and that shadow thing is just another of them.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
no no no no no, i have it wrong. it says if anyone breaks the rules, the whole world pays. various villains break rules, enforcer shadow guys attack, you have to stop villains from breaking rules while fighting off various shadow creatures. this also brings up a question, will the shadow creatures be playable?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
look at the picture order

mario wins and kirby is a trophy

however he gives kirby new life and this confuses kirby

then they shake hands saying that we won't turn each other into trophies no more

however this broke the rules and then the story unfolds
This is brilliant; I completley missed this when I read it all. But, your synopsis makes sense. I think this is probably close to what it actually is.

frontier

Smash Rookie
I don't think it means anything Smorg was just a random boss in TTYD. Also above the *mystery players* *hat* there is a red string does anyone think he is a puppet or something?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Good update today. What I want to know is who the hell is that guy at the end.

Coolio: I think your on the right track.

frontier

Smash Rookie
going back to my red string and puppet theory he might be controled by Master Hand (hands do control puppets after all)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ah finally the site died down. this morning it was non-stop spam and posting, i didn't want to come in at a wrong time and see stupid. well now that i'm home from work and everything has died down, seems like a perfect time to respond.

You forgot the caption order. That's the main important thing. The captions don't match up. That's the most essential part which flaws the "Mario and Kirby breaking the rules" theory.

This is what I wrote in the other topic:

Let's repost two of my posts here, since people obviously missed them:

Perhaps you are all looking too much in the handshake. The text "But..." came before the Halberd screenshot, and the "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." is after that same screenshot.
that's what i thought too. it seemed like they shook hands to begin another round of fighting, like any sporting event.

Maybe the character in the last screenshot wasn't the result of something, it was the beginning.
nice idea. still hard to tell at this point

See it as this. Mario turning Kirby into a normal character is just some way to show respect. Shaking hands is a way of respect. Maybe Mario wanted to duke it out again. See, their sole purpose is to brawl. If I'm reading this correct, it means that they know of nothing else than to brawl. They like to brawl. Being turned into a trophy means being discarded as a not worthy opponent.

Maybe turning back into a trophy has nothing to do with being defeated. Being turned back to life however does have to do about brawling.
yes, agree with this too

Why assume any of the BRAWLERS are the ones breaking the rules? The Brawlers, from what I make up of the text, don't have their own will. Their only input is the way they fight and such. They have no need to be free, for them brawling is all they have, all they can do. They're just trophies, they don't need to eat or sleep, so the only thing they can do is brawl. Perhaps they even enjoy it.

But what if something breaks this lifestyle, something from outside? We all assume the clouded character is something created by breaking the rules, but could it be the other way around? That the clouded character is breaking the rules? Like Sakurai says, in this world, TROPHIES fight. That is the only real rule explained.

Who knows, maybe the clouded character isn't a trophy, but something from "outside", outside this world, outside the rules. Maybe it isn't part of the rule, but it can still break it.
again hard to tell at this point. but it's the cliche plotline of the villian always breaking the rules to get what he wants that we see. something terrible happens, we blame the villian. that's how it's always been. but an outside force does seem realistic

To me, it seems that this is the intro to the first match, where Mario and Kirby encounter this character. Why the Halberd is there, I don't know, maybe it has come to the rescue, and comes after the you have defeated the enemy.

There are some others who share the same opinion.

This backs up what I've thought of. What if the arrival of Meta Knight coincided with the arrival of that clouded character? Meta Knight had nothing to do with it at all. He just came to warn the brawlers of their arrival.
yeah, you don't expect metaknight to be evil. he just does what is honorable. maybe another plotline like kirby's adventure, where you chase who you think is the villian, but in actuallity he was trying to do something to save the world. i mean wouldn't it be interesting, fight metaknight, but then realize he's been doing something good the whole time.

but this "breaking the rules" leaves our thoughts basically on a high wire. our thoughts sway to and fro, but we don't have enough information to balance what he have now. all we have to do is wait and see what sakurai is going to give us

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
going back to my red string and puppet theory he might be controled by Master Hand (hands do control puppets after all)
That's exactly what I think. Somebody's broken the rules, so the Master Hand sends these puppet minions top punish them.

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
how do the rules get broken though? i know mario and kirby dont fight each other, but how does that happen in the acual gameplay?

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
what do you think that weird purple dude is? ive read a few posts that think they may replace the wire frames and that seems like a good speculation to me

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, yeah, the copied purple polygon team, and the 2 purple-ish wire frames are being replaced by weird robot purple thingies.

at least this is what i think. a repeated generic character is what they are (wire-frames and polygon) and that's what the robot could be too

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
ya, i think they might be the next wire frame type guys, because, if you look at the picture, there are two more piles of purple bubbles in the back on either side of this guy. those could be how they spawn. this means there are mutiples of them

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
what do you think that weird purple dude is? ive read a few posts that think they may replace the wire frames and that seems like a good speculation to me
That seems like a possibility, but honestly, I don't think that the character is "plain" enough to be one of those characters, remember the wire frames, you looked at them, and thought, "Male, and Female", not really interesting. When you see this guy, you see some personality, some puppet robot guy, not exactly something you've seen a billion times.

But I don't know for sure anymore, because in the background, you can see more of them gathering up. Hopefully we'll get more information on Monday.

EDIT: Now I'm thinking that it's some other sort of mode or something like Multi-Man Melee, because he kind of looks like Sandbag (eyes, and basic shape)

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
ya its too bad its friday, cos tomarrow i guess we dont get an update. but that seems like a good explenation too, but if they arnt the next wire frames, wat could they be, and how do they corrispond to the game?

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Seeing as the purple dude issn't tall, and wears handgloves, it could easily be the "Dark" version of Mario. You know, like Porygons. Each character will have they're own "Heartless" form. Imagine Bowser in that state.. Or Pikachu.

Then there is the fact that the purple guy is standing on the spot that's clearly where Mario was standing. Could it be him? (Explains the smoke from an after transformation)

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
ya thats a good idea, but, there are like i said, there are two more guys spawning behind him, and there was only two fighters, mario and kirby

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
just like how many licks will it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world will never know what those robot purple things are.....

at least.....until monday that is.....hopefully!!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah, that looks pretty much believably real. I mean sometimes may look off since it has the images that are already released.. I am usually with the fact that they make their own images for the boxart.. If that is real.

Though I doubt it... say its fake so it can stop tearing my head apart!

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
That's a REALLY convinceing looking cover... I wouldn't doubt the final product will look similar to that... At least for the NTSC-U region... Our cover art has always been a bit plain like that... Still good though...

While possible, over 40 characters seams like a bit of a stretch... And it's made with ether existing or assumed information... Just looks fake to me... Still convinceing though... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom