• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Ok.... this is ridiculous. I can't believe people are freaking out so much about this cloud thing so I'm going to explain it all to you people. (I am not nessecarily right, but it is my opinion.)

First of all, I want to note that IMO, I see Bowser, and nothing else other than clouds.

Think about this for a second, Mario and Kirby have perhaps broken the rules, in turn, Meta Knight and Bowser are going to come. (Note that I'm aware that Meta Knight is not a villan of the Kirby series). Why exactly would there be a formation of Ridley, Master Hand, or DRACULA?!?!? in the clouds. Firstly, perhaps Meta Knight is being controlled by the Master Hand or someone and is now coming to punish Kirby for breaking the rules. At this point, Bowser in the clouds is a foreshadowing that Bowser will come next. Now, after the battle between Kirby and Meta Knight (or Mario + Kirby and Meta Knight), Bowser comes along (also being controlled by the Master Hand or whatever) and punished Mario for his breaking the rules.

Now that whole cloud thing makes a little more sense, doesn't it? It's a nice little foreshadowing for Bowser.
Now IF Ridley, Dracula, and whoever else WERE up there, why would they be? What is the significance of that?

And you may be thinking, "But I know they are up there! I can see them myself!!!", but what I have to say to you is that you simply see maybe something that looks sort of like a part of them, and your mind has imagined the rest of the character. I know that when I look into the clouds and see a little sheep or banana in there, or whatever, I know that Mother Earth did not purposely make the shape of that for my entertainment, it just happened to look sort of like that.

Now, the reason why I think Bowser is different, is because there is a lot of detail in the clouds over where he is. There are darker spots in some areas and lighter spots in other areas to resemble Bowser, most people can see this when they are told he is there, but, when there is less detail in the cloud, and your imagination HAS TO fill in the rest of the character for you, not everyone can see it. Such as Ridley, I have looked at that cloud fifty times and looked at how people think he is posed, but I still see nothing.

I'd also like to note that the fact that some people are seeing the same character in different places is only more evidence that people are trying too hard to look for this.

Seeing as these are clouds, and only clouds, (even if they do resemble something), I don't think that we should be wasting our time trying to figure out what they mean. Isn't the wierd purple guy at the end more interesting, and the actual idea of Sakarai's whole post and the story (perhaps) behind it. I don't really think that Brawl will revolve around these clouds, so why is it of any significance to inspect them anyway? If you're thinking that this may be giving away Ridley as a character for Smash, then maybe this is worth-while inspecting, but the fact that we already have music based on Ridley should be a lot more evidence than a cloud that may actually be just a cloud.

Thanks for reading my entirely long post.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Cirrus Clouds of Doom FTW!!!, lol

Sjos

Smash Cadet
if you backtrack stairway to heaven, you hear gibberish, until you have seen the 'lyrics'.

you can see the faces in the clouds only because you want to see them.

That was all.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats exactly what i think the clouds are a foreshadowing of the character (Bad guys) that you will face in the main story except you may only see bowser but i see Ridley (Because of the jaws),Bowser, Master hand and (Maybe not sure just looks like a cap) Wario but when it comes down to it these are not just clouds mother nature created these are cloud SAKURAI! created when he made this picture!

Now Wario may just be a cloud (I actually think he is just a cloud because after all caps are just round).

But look on top of the halberd and you can see what looks like a hand.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
No seriously are you guys ******** or something? its one thing to see a cloud that looks vaguely like a banana but its another to see four clouds in a screen shot that look like major villains from the video games they represent... Now go back one page and look at that screen shot and tell me they are just clouds... now buy glasses.
Oh s*** your right I can see it now. If you look you can see my bed room, man their nothing there, but clouds.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Should have gone to spec savers...

(Look again... at the clouds at the top... at the clouds with mouths and teeth... and eyes...!!!)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Man, I liked this update, but now I don't, Legolastom it's just clouds, can't we stop talking about clouds now. That man at the end was a lot better then the clouds, can't we talk about him or somthing.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Ok, let's say these clouds ARE 20 different villan characters.........:psycho: (which they are not)

Who the hell cares? Why do you care?

Since when is Master Hand news?
Since when is Wario or Bowser news?

Whether these are clouds or villans, why does it matter in the first place?

I don't think that Smash Bros. will begin revolving around clouds, so if it's anything, it's not really worth talking about.

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
Ok, let's say these clouds ARE 20 different villan characters.........:psycho: (which they are not)

I don't think that Smash Bros. will begin revolving around clouds, so if it's anything, it's not really worth talking about.
ok then wat does it mean? thats wat everyones arguing about

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im just saying i can see em in the clouds its Chiyo having a go at me for seeing some characters in clouds...

Anyways not much to say about that little man that hasn't already been said... but you lot got any thing to say about him?

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace

This man has got it spot on, now lets move on, move far away.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
ok then wat does it mean? thats wat everyones arguing about
It means nothing. My point of the arguement is saying, "Let's move on, and talk about what really matters."

Some things I think are worth while talking about (related to the update) are:
-Trophies semi-confirmed, not like we didn't already think that
-What's with this place?, is it going to be a stage? how could you KO someone?
-Notice how the sky changes from peaceful sky to The Halberd sky, maybe when the Halberd comes in story mode, you jump on it, and have your battle there with the background and everything, flying from place to place (and god help us if this becomes another conversation about clouds)
-What are the rules? Who is breaking them?
-Mario and Kirby shaking hands, Co-op story mode maybe?
-What is that purple robot puppet thing at the end? Is it spawning in the background?
-Is this the game intro movie? or story mode intro? or a deep concept to the entire game itself? Maybe Sakarai has had this trophy idea in his head for a while... in the first Smash Bros., a random character is dropped on the table like a toy, then is brought to life, similar to Melee's intro

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
ok so even if there are bad guys in the clouds, you think there just there because watever?
i cant beleive you guys cant see bowser

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
ok so even if there are bad guys in the clouds, you think there just there because watever?
i cant beleive you guys cant see bowser
Who can't see Bowser? He's pretty obvious to me. I just don't see anybody else.

Bowser is there as a foreshadow, everybody else isn't there (if you looked at my long post earlier, you might agree)

/cloud discussion

Edit:
This man has got it spot on, now lets move on, move far away.
Thank you, and I agree on the moving on far away part as well.

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
me and my friend have long talked about the fact that melee has no co-op mode. that really annoyed us so i hope brawl has a co-op mode cos that would just make it even better than anything ive seen yet in brawls updates

wat do the rest of you think bout a co-op mode?

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
ok i agree also....lets talk bout somethin else..
Yay! Agreement! Anyway... this update has bothered the heck out of me all weekend, and I can't believe I have to wait another day for an update because I really want to know now, lol

If Sakarai just randomly releases an item or something and pretends that nothing happened on Friday to keep us in question I think my head is going to explode. I'm a huge fan of the Simpsons as well and the movie for it is in a week, but over these Smash updates, I couldn't care less, which really surprizes me.

But back on topic, I think maybe the purple robot puppet dude is a guy that you face in some sort of new mode in Stadium or something. His eyes sort of look like Sandbag, and he/she seems like an original character too.

About Co-op mode, that would be so awesome, because I've wanted to do team battles with my friends in story mode, that would be really cool. I think the fact that the menu has changed from, "VS Mode" to "Multiplayer" may be evidence of this. I wonder if you can play Co-op over Wi-fi as well...I guess we'll have to wait and see...

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
online for brawl would be the best thing since swiss cheese. im a moderatly good player and i can decimate a lvl 9 with ease but i need to fight real people to get any better, and with out online play, i cant do that very well

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
online for brawl would be the best thing since swiss cheese. im a moderatly good player and i can decimate a lvl 9 with ease but i need to fight real people to get any better, and with out online play, i cant do that very well
100% agreed.

EDIT: (lol, at first, I accidentally wrote 10% agreed.)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
If it had online it would be better then any 1 player mode in the game. Online Co-op mode will just be too good, lets just hope then.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm... yeah, whats better Nintendo or pokemon? Nintendo, ftw.

I only like pokemon about 17.63%
Getting rid of Pokeballs, and putting them in Assist Trophies would be a stupid idea because then half the assist trophies would be Pokemon, but now Pokemon will be a major Nintendo series left out of Assist Trophies, it was a hard decision, but I actually think that Sakarai made the right one. Keep Pokeballs, make Assist Trophies for others, original thinking, and fun. Hopefully, Pokemon and Assist Trophies will be somewhat different in how they work...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Would be funny if a party ball came out of a barrel then a capsule came out of the ball then an AT came out of the capsule then a poke ball came out of the AT (LOL WTF) then Chansey came out of the poke ball then an egg came out of Chansey then an AT came out of the egg then Dr.wright came out of the AT then buildings came out of Dr.Wright!

...LOL

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Would be funny if a party ball came out of a barrel then a capsule came out of the ball then an AT came out of the capsule then a poke ball came out of the AT (LOL WTF) then Chansey came out of the poke ball then an egg came out of Chansey then an AT came out of the egg then Dr.wright came out of the AT then buildings came out of Dr.Wright!
...LOL
That would be awesome!:laugh:
I think I had something like that once, when I had only Pokeballs on and had Chansey come out of an egg of another Chansey or something, but thats it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I hope you can kill dr.Wright... o did i say that out loud... sorry -.-

Anyways official info thread and such what item you think next be revealed will? (Says Yoda)

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
i dunno....how bout that move and shoot wit the superscope tho....wow thats crazy! do you know wat the kracker launcher is from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom