• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::. (Mod's Close)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
But then, who picks up the pokeballs?? Squirtle? Awkward....

Edit: Awesome double update btw. The ability to dodge by calling back a pokemon sounds cool.

Croco

Smash Lord
hmm I wonder if it imports profiles from Pokemon Battle Revolution?
Like.. yeah it says "Pokemon Trainer" but you never know.. the look of the character might change to one of the character profiles saved on the Wii.

*NormalGamer*

Smash Rookie
Wow. This was unexpected. Very intersting, yet unusual update. :)

Would've been even exciting if Ash was the newcomer instead. But still, pretty unexpected and awesome update. ^_^

CasMat

Smash Cadet
In oher news, anyone who said that a quadrupedal character wouldn't work..... was wrong.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
imagine if each pokemon can footstool jump....oh man, think of the combos...jesus. Charizard footstool combo FTW

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Technically, everyone b****ing that they don't like Pokemon Trainer is stupid because it's the three pokemon that fight. That's just an excuse to add three more pokemon to the rooster while taking only one slot.

This guy is going to be awkward on Rumble Falls... Does he jump in the background?

Sariku

Smash Master
This update was great now that I think about it... lets see. You control the pokemon like you would Pikachu, they just don't have a down be except switch them out. I mean, you can't let them fight for themselves, right?

Which means finally, Charizard is a Playable Character!
Ivysaur is a Playable Character!
Squirtle is a Playable Character!

GAGH!!! Anyone ever heard of the "Anti Lucario! PRO SQUIRTLE!" Thread!? Now I hate it even more, since Squirtle made it playable... BEFORE LUCARIO!!! LUCARIO COME ON! I LOVE YOUUUUUU...................

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
Idk if its been said yet, but shouldn't this character's name be "Red," since that's, ya know, what his name is and everything. Maybe that's how it'll be when you set it to Japanese, ala "Purin" and "Koopa" in Melee.

Edit: Just so theres no confusion, I'm EXTREMELY happy and excited for this char.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
I do agree with you two, it's up to you if you like items on, or off. But if you want to see who's best, you should take items off.
no to see who's best leave items on. i always like to see who is the better smasher in the worst conditions. after a while there is no challenge with plain old no item fighting.

ok good atleast I'm not alone! :)
actually this might be a interesting character. i'm just wondering how good the pokemon's recovery are. as well as the other b moves. as long as they have a decent up b i can see this character doing well.

phew.. ok atleast there are 3-4 people who like this character.
I'm so happy because this one makes sense.

It's basically Pokemon Trainer RED or BLUE.
It's just awesome.
no this is red. his rival in the red and blue games is blue

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Technically, everyone b****ing that they don't like Pokemon Trainer is stupid because it's the three pokemon that fight. That's just an excuse to add three more pokemon to the rooster while taking only one slot.

This guy is going to be awkward on Rumble Falls... Does he jump in the background?
He'll probably be on a floating platform.

Also:

-I hope his name in the US game is Ash Ketchum instead of Pokemon Trainer or Red. (Thanks for the spellcheck Hyper)

-This isn't a three in one character in the sense that Ice Climbers are a two in one character. This is a three in one character in the sense that Zelda/Sheik was a two in one character. So the Ice Climbers comparison should end.

-I really wish it was Squirtle, Charizard, and, instead of Ivysaur, Bulbasaur. But I guess it makes sense the way he put it.

-Jigglypuff better return or I'll be very angry >:O

-This ofcourse opens up the possibility that another trainer, say Team Rocket's Jesse and James, could be a character. Anybody who has wanted to play with Meowth has just gotten their chances raised!

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Out of left field much? It seems like this fighter would be pretty complex to use in a tense battle, so I wonder how this is gonna work.
My guess, think Zelda/Sheik, only this time if you only play as Sheik and don't switch you get penalized for it. That is how they should have done it in Melee.

Hell no. Red >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ash

Also, Im pretty sure its Ketchum
Ash became his official name after the success of Pokemon didn't it? Besides, it's more well known. Red just seems too picky, know what I mean?

Probably the reason for the generic name, Pokemon Trainer, is that the alternate costumes have a different trainer, like Gary or Brock. Otherwise, if you have 4 Ash Ketchum's there yelling and dancing in the background it'll be kinda annoying.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
So...i guess Charizard is no longer a Pokeball Pokemon, cool.

I don't understand why people keep saying this. I think that even if they do remove Charizard as a pokeball, it has little to do with this character addition.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
OMG, I just seen the update. This is best update yet. If the Ice climbers aren't in the game, then he's my main.
Todays update 10/10.
Todays update: FTW

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
wow, this came out of nowhere. i don't know if i'll use him that much, but he does use pokemon that i really like.

i guess he'll be a character i try after a while, and i'll either love it or hate it.

but it does add some strategy, considering the stamina effect on the pokemon

jb254

Smash Apprentice
My guess, when Charizard loses stamina, the flame on his tail starts disappearing. For Ivysaur, the leaves on his back start sagging. And Squirtle, he probably starts sweating or panting. That way you can tell when to switch out. Their attacks also become weaker and slower. That would be pretty cool!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it does seem nice compared to the alternative. i mean sheik players would never play as zelda, right? well this stamina thing helps make it so you don't use the same character. i really like that

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I don't understand why people keep saying this. I think that even if they do remove Charizard as a pokeball, it has little to do with this character addition.
well...being a character means he'll be able to do everything the normal characters do. That includes the subspace emisarry and Final Smashes

OMG, I just seen the update. This is best update yet. If the Ice climbers aren't in the game, then he's my main.
Todays update 10/10.
Todays update: FTW
This shall be a good week

it does seem nice compared to the alternative. i mean sheik players would never play as zelda, right? well this stamina thing helps make it so you don't use the same character. i really like that
Its nearly Forcing you to swich. This will be extremely interesting:laugh:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
sweet, i've been wanting to play as charizard since i heard about the game, but thought his chances were slim. and now i get more first gen starters as well! 10/10 Sakurai, this game will be kick *** on it's own level. and first gen is the only gen as far as i'm concerned. SCREW LUCARIO!!!

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
wait...final smash...how's that gonna work out? will it be a cool combo, or will each have a diffrent final?
I'd like to see their final smash be something like all three pokemon come out, squirtle and ivysaur evolve into blastoise and venusaur, and they shoot flamethrower, hydro pump, and solar beam simultaneously. Maybe they all converge into one beam or something. That'd be cool.

Ash became his official name after the success of Pokemon didn't it? Besides, it's more well known. Red just seems too picky, know what I mean?

Probably the reason for the generic name, Pokemon Trainer, is that the alternate costumes have a different trainer, like Gary or Brock. Otherwise, if you have 4 Ash Ketchum's there yelling and dancing in the background it'll be kinda annoying.
Ash is not his official name. Ash is the English name for the main character of the Pokemon anime, which is why its well known in the US. The anime character's Japanese name is Satoshi, so it would make no sense to call him Ash.

In addition, this guy is the main character from the pokemon games Red and Blue (actually Red and Green). His official name is Red. So while Pokemon Trainer is okay, since its very generic, I think it would be more appropriate to call him Red, but that's Sakurai's job, not mine.

And I dont see how 4 trainers would be annoying. Playing with 4 different color Marths or Links or 8 different color Ice Climbers was never annoying.

Edit to add and for spelling.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This is neat. I actually laughed at the guy who suggested this in the brawl character forums, but its a nice idea. YaY Squirtle.

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see their final smash be something like all three pokemon come out, squirtle and ivysaur evolve into blastoise and venusaur, and they shoot flamethrower, hydro pump, and solar beam simultaneously. Maybe they all converge into one beam or something. That'd be cool.
Why flamethrower instead of Fire Blast, and why those three instead of Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Frenzy Plant?

Go to Mt.Silver in Gold/Silver/Crystal, Red is there not Ash >_>

Red is his name, and his rival is Blue (Green in Japan)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Riddle me this, Batman.

I'm dying to know what the trainer's Final Smash will be. I'm sure most people assume that Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard will all have unique Final Smashes, but... what if the trainer himself has one set Final Smash? Perhaps to summon some kind of legendary like Mew, or, dare I say it, Mewtwo?

Hopefully Sakurai doesn't leave us hanging too long. Though, if we do get another Pokémon update tonight, I'm guessing it'll be the Stadium.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
ya im guessing its going to be a pokemon week like how last week there was a lot on pit.oh yeah and amazing update i always liked the originals best.

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
Why flamethrower instead of Fire Blast, and why those three instead of Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Frenzy Plant?
Because Flamethrower, Hydro Pump, and Solar Beam were the strongest Fire, Water, and Grass moves in Red and Blue/Green.

Edit: You're right, Hyper, it should be Fire Blast. I just looked it up on Serebii. My mistake >_>

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
I thought Fire Blast was the strongest Fire-Type move in Red and Blue? I ALSO thought that in the Blue version, you could choose the name 'Blue,' not just 'Red' for both of them.

I'm not really much of a fan of Pokémon anymore..... But I want this game more than EVER now!!

So ya think Ivysaur will pick up items with his mouth, or with his vines?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i know a lot of people have said this but his alt. costume could be the G/S/C trainer with totadile, bayleaf and typloshion and also the R/S/E trainer with mudkip,grovyle and blaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom