• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friends make a rotation by ourselves, we just pass the controller to the next person playing, we don't need a freaking part of a game to do this for us!
Same here, we have had 8 people playing Melee at one time.. winner stays... pass the controller.. keep a rotation to who goes next game. You can solve the rotation problem of different controllers by using the game cube controllers.. which i am pretty sure everyone will use

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
however, with the new personalized button configurations and four different controllers, it makes switching easier. why do you think Sakurai only wants a max of 16 players? (4 for each control type, obviously)

either way, this was a part of the tournament mode in melee (winner/loser out), and i never used it. i'll probably never use this one either, unless i have a bunch of friends with different control configurations

EDIT: well, since i was the one who last posted, i guess i'll give my input on today's update.

i don't care what anyone says, but i liked it. now, i know it was mostly rehashed stuff and menu things we could see in the game manual, but the liked seeing the menu layout. i'm curious now as to what Vault may contain, and what could be in the Data category (same as Melee, or much more!)

plus, the update got things like Sound Test and Rumble out of the way (yes, i do wish Widescreen Support was a part of this update and not one on it's own)

on top of that, we know some more music selections, and i'm always ready to hear new music. love the battle theme in Ruby and Sapphire, and you gotta love the main theme all the way back from Red and Blue. Animal Crossing is ok with me too.

and the Ice Climber music was cool. it is an excellent fit for the stage.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I don't know what's wrong with people, I know this is only IMO, but you have to take into consideration that not only it's a double update, but we've also got rid of the Options for now (instead of of every feature getting its own update), AND we have music, music that totally R0xx0rZ Mah B0xx0rZ!!!1!1 No seriously now, that is some great music, and not only that, it's on Ice Climbers stage which makes it all the more worthwhile.
But we've also got something deconfirmed: We can only play specific music on a specific stage, look at the Pokemon screenshot. And I think this update might've confirmed (not sure) that sound test is available from the start, not by unlocking it. Of course now for the hidden characters, they could only make the sounds from the characters you already have available and then unlocking the rest later. It can go either way. But I'm certainly happy about this update. People nowadays are just too spoiled and will deem it crappy anyway.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what's wrong with people, I know this is only IMO, but you have to take into consideration that not only it's a double update, but we've also got rid of the Options for now (instead of of every feature getting its own update), AND we have music, music that totally R0xx0rZ Mah B0xx0rZ!!!1!1 No seriously now, that is some great music, and not only that, it's on Ice Climbers stage which makes it all the more worthwhile.
But we've also got something deconfirmed: We can only play specific music on a specific stage, look at the Pokemon screenshot. And I think this update might've confirmed (not sure) that sound test is available from the start, not by unlocking it. Of course now for the hidden characters, they could only make the sounds from the characters you already have available and then unlocking the rest later. It can go either way. But I'm certainly happy about this update. People nowadays are just too spoiled and will deem it crappy anyway.
wow big wall text....but read it all ^^
i completaly agree with you! the spoiled brats keep complaining about this update.it was pretty cool if read all that Crystallion said on the above post. and that ice climbers music rocks!(hehe and before their comfirmation people never thinked they were worth now look
at all this! cool looks,cool stage.cool FS.cool music...they're great in the game!)

gamer8

Smash Lord
1st half of update: O........M..........G. Sakurai really has run out of updates. Options.....how original.

2nd half of update: O..........M...........G! I have been waiting for this music for a long time! Now we know.
I truly think he has run out of updates, he's only piling us up with game modes!

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
I think the vault might be were your coins,stickers or trophies are... mabey or it could have your videos that you record.

sheep dude

Smash Cadet
this is my first post so go easy on me.
i liked this update because of two things:
1.- ice climber music was cool
2.- anyone noticed the songs in the pictures of soundtest and my music menu? now at least i know that a ruby/saph music is going to be in the game.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Next Monday, Megaman's 20th anniversary... we can only hope? Anyway, Ice Climber's music is great, IMO a vast improvement over the original Icicle Mountain theme

I have to say I don't really like the look of the menu. :dizzy:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Next Monday, Megaman's 20th anniversary... we can only hope? Anyway, Ice Climber's music is great, IMO a vast improvement over the original Icicle Mountain theme

I have to say I don't really like the look of the menu. :dizzy:
Don't get your hopes up....

But I agree, the menus and stuff in this game look really...different.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Something other than an options update... YAY!!!!

Now where is the new character? I don't mean to be greedy.... but i am just hoping

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty cool that the cars can crash into you from crossing above. I'm hoping that they actually can do enough knockback to make you lose a stock at around 80%.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
well now that we received a stage with cars maybe we'll get C.falcon or Luigi since its a mario stage.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
about time they announce this level lol. it has me a little concerned about C. Falcon though, he hasn't been announced yet, and why is a racing stage represented by the mario franchise and not the f-zero franchise. i'm probably just being a little overcritical or something xD

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Well, it's the Mario KART Franchise. The most important spin-off from the Mario series. It's was about time that it would get some representation in the Smash games.

*hopes for Rainbow Boulevard and Battle Theme from Super Mario Kart*

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Since we got a cool update today, will we get a cool one tomorrow? He should end the weeks with cool updates like this one.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
OMG.......i love it's so cute
i feel sorry for the people who wanted Stafy and Waluigi to be playable
i hope Daisy,Krystal,Megaman and Isaac would be playable
best AT update in a long time

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
to more characters for the Brawl graveyard!

may Waluigi and Stafy(i barely knew you ;-;) rest in peace...

Top Bottom