• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
2-player features add more variety I guess.

On a side note...how did you recolor that poke trainer image? And please don't just say photoshop...I mean such techniques or whatnot.

Masloff

Smash Rookie
in the very first pic of todays update , the last event looks like it's on Green Hill zone

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
Hey, just a request...

Could somebody copy-paste the day's update on here including pictures each time? Because, in case you've forgotten, there are those of us who have no regular access to the net at home (aka, I've got the Wii in my room and the Internet Channel but my dad turns off the router a lot) and so have to resort to the wonderful world of the world wide web--via school. As in, WE CAN'T ACCESS SAKURAI'S SITE BECAUSE OF @#&* INTERNET BLOCKS. A lot of us smashers are still in high school or even middle/junior high school. We have internet coming in early, but we cannot access smashbros.com because of the server blocks. But a lot of us, maybe being SSBB junkies, or waiting for a certain update (like me...C'MON, SAKURAI!! GIVE MEWTWO ANOTHER CHANCE, DANGIT!! (\o/)# ), and without knowing exactly what the update IS, well, we're pretty sunk.
So, could somebody please take the time to, PLEASE, probably just 10 minutes maximum, copy-paste the update, and add in the pictures? (If it's movies, well, that's alright, no summary of the movie needed--we'll have to watch at home after school) Please? It would really help! Besides, it could be good quick-ref for anyone talking about the day's update.
I understand if nobody wants to do this. It's a bit much to ask. But please, for those of us who can't get to the official site because school servers are evil...!

Thank you for those of you who actually read my post all the way through.

On a side note, awesome recolor of the Pokemon Trainer!

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I kinda like the whole co-op mode. It will make it interesting and give me and my friends more to do in between FFA's....Plus maybe there will be unlockable characters only available in the co-op modes.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hey, just a request...

Could somebody copy-paste the day's update on here including pictures each time? Because, in case you've forgotten, there are those of us who have no regular access to the net at home (aka, I've got the Wii in my room and the Internet Channel but my dad turns off the router a lot) and so have to resort to the wonderful world of the world wide web--via school. As in, WE CAN'T ACCESS SAKURAI'S SITE BECAUSE OF @#&* INTERNET BLOCKS. A lot of us smashers are still in high school or even middle/junior high school. We have internet coming in early, but we cannot access smashbros.com because of the server blocks. But a lot of us, maybe being SSBB junkies, or waiting for a certain update (like me...C'MON, SAKURAI!! GIVE MEWTWO ANOTHER CHANCE, DANGIT!! (\o/)# ), and without knowing exactly what the update IS, well, we're pretty sunk.
So, could somebody please take the time to, PLEASE, probably just 10 minutes maximum, copy-paste the update, and add in the pictures? (If it's movies, well, that's alright, no summary of the movie needed--we'll have to watch at home after school) Please? It would really help! Besides, it could be good quick-ref for anyone talking about the day's update.
I understand if nobody wants to do this. It's a bit much to ask. But please, for those of us who can't get to the official site because school servers are evil...!

Thank you for those of you who actually read my post all the way through.

On a side note, awesome recolor of the Pokemon Trainer!
i would, but the posts only allow me to put 21 images per post, and there are numerous updates already. so i only put pictures on updates i think are the most important

alright, time to update the first post!

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
he is right...you're not forced to play evemt Co-op.in fact you're not forced to play any Co-op.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
besides Shadow Moses Island, best stage so far!

loved it so much, i had to make a thread in the stage discussion thread (funny, cause i also have the official Shadow Moses Thread as well!)

PBalfredo

Smash Rookie
Double update? New Metroid stage?! Mother 3 music?!!

I give today's update an AWESOME out of 10.

Having a non-lava Metroid stage is great news, especially since it looks like a fun one too. Nice platform layout with the added 180 degree twist as if the game were to suddenly give a Mad Hatter shout of "CHANGE PLACES" right in the middle of battle. I like how all of the stages in brawl have some sort of gimmick because the level editor will provide more than enough "platforms, platforms and nothing but platforms" levels. Also, continued evidence of two stages per franchise, yay!

**MOTHER 3 SPOILERS**

I've been waiting for a Mother 3 music update for a long time. This song is particularly meaningful for those who have played Mother 3. In Mother 3 there are a lot of musical themes that repeat themselves across a variety of songs throughout the game (there are 250 songs in the game!). As the update says, this is the anthem of Porky and his Pigmask army. The song as it appears in Brawl seems to be a medley of some of the different renditions of the anthem, as we can hear the song change near the end of the preview. What's particularly noteworthy, is the rendition heard through the majority of the preview is a song called "HIS Theme" which is used when The Masked Man/Claus enters the scene.

It's also perfect music for New Pork City.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
yay! thats for all of the complainers shut up! awesome update!

for other metroid prime stages:

i'm expecting dark aether =) (i know it isn't proved we will get 3 stages per franchis but c'mon! a person can dream!)

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
dammit, when I saw the Music one, I thought it was the POKEY theme, not the porky theme >,< Ness or not, they friggin NEED that song in Brawl.

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
i would, but the posts only allow me to put 21 images per post, and there are numerous updates already. so i only put pictures on updates i think are the most important

alright, time to update the first post!
Thanks for saying you would, anyway. But...wait, what I meant was the update on the day it's updated, and just that; Yesterday's update only for yesterday and today's only for today, each in separate posts...Or is that still too much? :( Oh, well. Thanks for saying you would, though! :)

Phred

Smash Journeyman
dammit, when I saw the Music one, I thought it was the POKEY theme, not the porky theme >,< Ness or not, they friggin NEED that song in Brawl.
Well, it is the same guy.
I guess Porky is Pokey's new translated name from now on.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
Frigate Orpheon is pretty cool, the way the level changes, although it is basically like Brinstar Depths, except more abrupt.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Thanks for saying you would, anyway. But...wait, what I meant was the update on the day it's updated, and just that; Yesterday's update only for yesterday and today's only for today, each in separate posts...Or is that still too much? :( Oh, well. Thanks for saying you would, though! :)
yeah, that's too much. i only put today's update in the first post, with consecutive posts containing the rest of the updates in some form or another.

it's hard enough to put up one update on the first post, so think how it would be putting two days worth of updates in seperate posts, ALONG with the other posts having to be updated as well.

but with college out of the way, i'm starting to update the thread anyway around the time the update happens anyway, so just check back everyday if you wanna see the update

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Enjoyed seeing a new stage that has a twist... always good to keep everyone on their toes.. not only from their opponents... but the stages as well.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I liked yesterdays updates, lots of emphasis on getting people to work together. Also today's update was pretty good i like the idea of the stage. We are exiting the update drought.

PBalfredo

Smash Rookie
Really? So mother 3 really was a direct sequel from mother 2? I didn't know that....
Basically, all Mother games are connected by their villains, but the protagonist and setting is different with each game.

-Mother / EarthBound Zero - The evil alien overlord Giegue is the antagonist
-Mother 2 / EarthBound - Giegue returns as Giygas, an insane intangible spirit of evil. Ness' neighbor Pokey becomes Giygas' henchman.
-Mother 3 - Pokey/Porky, using the time traveling Phase Distorter stolen from the Mr. Saturns in EarthBound, invades Nowhere Island as the Pig King.
Villain also get different name translations in each game it seems. So remember that Giegue = Giygas and Pokey = Porky.

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
(*steals gamer8's Power Rangers sig, pissed that the computer cut off his type*) Nice sig, really X3 Yeah, man, co-op Event matches...I can't wait. You really can never have enough co-op.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Nice update ... something different...

But i wonder if you threw it straight up and it came down and hit you.... would it heal you instead of your ally?

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
humm....we only have an how to play and character update for this week (i'm assuming they we'll an update for each section this week) so we only have to wait....

if it is a character i bet it is C.falcon.

P.S: On-topic:oh i almost forgot, good item it will probably involve a lot of strategie.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Good update, Im looking forward to more team items, maybe they can have some sort of rope that makes it were you and your team mate are tied to one another and can't go farm from eachother ^-^

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Good update, Im looking forward to more team items, maybe they can have some sort of rope that makes it were you and your team mate are tied to one another and can't go farm from eachother ^-^
How would this help you? I mean yea there could be times where it would help, but what about if someone smashes your ally, will you fly awaytoo or will your ally just not fly away? And what about if your ally is Ike and he does Aether? Will you have to wait for all the lag to be gone in order to move?

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Snake Kirby is simply too awesome, LOL.
Kirby Hats FTW!

Btw, just to throw some speculation in there, we see him wearing DeDeDe's hat in a pic and inhaling... DeDeDe's B move confirmed to be a stronger inhale?

Top Bottom