• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
No. If Kirby has a hat on, he can't suck someone in, leading to he can't spit anyone out. Holy crap DDD has a great neutral.
What I meant was... that Dedede had just been spit out and Kirby had his power now, but Sakurai posed the picture so that you couldn't see Dedede.

Then again people are saying Dedede has the same inhale attack as Kirby, so I guess tha'td work as well.

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
Actually, this looks more like the effect when Kirby spits the character out after stealing their power...
Last Time I checked when Kirby copied some ones ability he didn't spit them out, he just kind of crouches down and then gets the hat

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Man, I know everyone has already been talking about it for a while, but, even though it was predictable, I just gotta say I LOVE KIRBY'S SNAKE BEARD!!! HELLA SWEET!!!

(Iza niiice, how much?)

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
At least we get one character update this week, unlike last time. Snake beard + bandanna Kirby is the ultimate power up.

As a Kirby fan, the only weird thing is that it's been confirmed that Dedede and MetaKnight can be sucked up by Kirby. You could never do that before in the original games. But, we're talking about Smash Bros. aren't we? :-)

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
ehhh, you need to suck them up to get powers. it'd be stupid to play kirby against ddd and have nothing to copy.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
oooo! discovery! maybe, since Smashville does go with the time and dates, maybe days that things happen in animal crossing, may happen in Brawl!

regorris

Smash Apprentice
ehhh, you need to suck them up to get powers. it'd be stupid to play kirby against ddd and have nothing to copy.
Color me stupid then, 'cuz I used to play Kirby v. Kirby and steal my opponent's power. :chuckle:

Edit:

Also, if memory serves, if you play Kirby v. Kirby v. someone, you can steal an absorbed power from another Kirby.

Also, I find it likely that DDD's inhale is like the "throw" power from Kirby's Adventure. Suck you in, spit you out as a deadly projectile, bounce you off of surfaces... I'm sure all of you recall the move.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
so, what i meant was like in ac, there would be a fishing tourney. maybe on that day, the ac humans would be carring around fish, and tortimer would rate them.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I like how the update is called "Kirby: Special Moves", but it only gets to talking about Inhale.
Which isn't a bad thing at all. Hats for the win.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Because Sakurai will only Show Special moves of characters that have changes from melee to brawl. He also only showed us the FLUDD when he updated Mario's Special Moves.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Squirtle Kirby hat and Snake Kirby hat are my favorites. XD

Amazing update. It has been a great week so far.

EDIT: I wish the update had a Sonic hat though. (Despite not being a huge Sonic fan)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Despite Snake kirby, this was probably one of the worst updates in the history of the dojo. But there have been a lot of those lately...

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
Duuuuude, that Subspace vid ROCKED. It looks like Bowser's gonna be a bad guy after all. :( Oh, well. Hey, maybe you won't get to play as everyone in SE...wait, no, Sakurai can't be THAT evil. Besides, playing as the bad guys is so common in video games nowadays...But man, this scares me...what if Mewtwo IS in Brawl and they make him on the Subspace side?! NOOOOOO!!

...But I'd still play him cuz he pwns. :3

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Video was nice.... crazy looking even. I was dissappointed when i saw "hey we made a movie" .. but wow.

Looks like SSE will be quite fun if you ask me

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
Duuuuude, that Subspace vid ROCKED. It looks like Bowser's gonna be a bad guy after all. :( Oh, well. Hey, maybe you won't get to play as everyone in SE...wait, no, Sakurai can't be THAT evil. Besides, playing as the bad guys is so common in video games nowadays...But man, this scares me...what if Mewtwo IS in Brawl and they make him on the Subspace side?! NOOOOOO!!

...But I'd still play him cuz he pwns. :3
I think you can play as bowser, and then the bowser in Subspace will be Dark bowser.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
you know what, i think this told us alot. let's look it over!
1. new teams: link and yoshi are official, and a new team has emerged: Meta knight and.... Ice climbers?
2. speaking of meta knight, this showed that he's a good guy, so, why do the subspace have the halbeard?
3.bowser's definetly evil, which means that.... OMG! Brawl is the "superfriends of nintendo!" all of the greatest heroes and villains from nintendo are teaming up! maybe..... each franchise gets one playable villian or boss!
that's my two cents.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
you know what, i think this told us alot. let's look it over!
1. new teams: link and yoshi are official, and a new team has emerged: Meta knight and.... Ice climbers?
2. speaking of meta knight, this showed that he's a good guy, so, why do the subspace have the halbeard?
3.bowser's definetly evil, which means that.... OMG! Brawl is the "superfriends of nintendo!" all of the greatest heroes and villains from nintendo are teaming up! maybe..... each franchise gets one playable villian or boss!
that's my two cents.
@2-maybe they stole the halberd, who knows?:ohwell:

and Sho dan your sig is hot.;)

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this is obviously going out on a limb, but...

I don't trust Sakurai's words at face value. The fact that he doesn't reveal how to swap costumes (and does reveal it's not X or Y) implies to me that there is a system for doing so that is NOT unique to Wario. Yeah I realize that's a weak argument, but whatever.

Anyway I am glad we get a classic Wario. And I know of a certain podcaster who will be, too. :-P

Oh and I think it's funny that one of Classic Wario's alternate costumes looks like Mario and one of Mario's alternate costumes looks like Classic Wario. :-P

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Hmm, this night's update was... well, no megaton, certainly.

I don't very much care for Wario, but evidently he now has his original costume. If there was something like an alternate costume for Ike(his lord costume), then it would interest me, but this seems to be only for Wario. Sigh. But you can see Wario has a Mario costume as well.

Edit: *looks above post* I hope you are right.

I think the more interesting update will be Christmas. I hope.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Wow, so we got an update on a single character's various color changes. I guess this opens the floodgates for all other characters to have individual breakdowns on their costume alternates.

:(

~Old Man Nintendo

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah and an old point of mine is stronger now: They already have a trophy for the REAL Fusion Suit (they showed it in a trailer), and now they apparently have the programming and "gameplay" framework for it with Wario's classic suit, so not adding it would be pretty stupid.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so we got an update on a single character's various color changes. I guess this opens the floodgates for all other characters to have individual breakdowns on their costume alternates.

:(

~Old Man Nintendo
I don't mind color change updates, I find them interesting actually, however it would be nice if they were delved out a bit when done so it doesn't seem like a rehashed update. They're really digging at the bottom of the barrel.

Top Bottom