• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

Rash

Smash Ace
I like this FS. It makes sense. Not every character is going to have some sort of ultimate attack with their weapon of choice. Even Sakurai said "Hmm. I guess it’s in his character to leave the work to someone else."

Desruprot

Smash Lord
KraidGuy is no longer a Registered User! (Problem fixed!) anyways, I wonder what he has instore, he still has not shown much, although the FS of 3D looks good for me...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
now all we need are zelda's and snake's final smashes, we saw zzs and sonics in the demo

this week has been just like november. horrible, the final smashes being the only meritable updates...

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
she is a she! (lol) can't you see it? respect for the girl! (yeah i really know it):mad:
Actually, "her" profile doesn't specify a gender. How else is an unknown supposed to be dealt with other than "he/she"? That's actually the respectful thing to do. Normally people would say "he" to whoever.

And I think this is a very character-driven FS. It does make sense for him to let others do all the work.

NjHud, put the image code in your sig. There's a page on board code in the help section.

NjHudz

Smash Apprentice
In some place between Hyrule and Mushroom Kingdom
Actually, "her" profile doesn't specify a gender. How else is an unknown supposed to be dealt with other than "he/she"? That's actually the respectful thing to do. Normally people would say "he" to whoever.

And I think this is a very character-driven FS. It does make sense for him to let others do all the work.

NjHud, put the image code in your sig. There's a page on board code in the help section.
what are you talking about?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
this update was awsome.Sakurai has let slip of many things.
1. he gave us the starting roster(i think but isnt that the E for all roster?)
2. charatcers are still to gonna be unlocked.
3. Most will be unlocked using supspace(yes Ridley as boss(only if the boss fight has given him a 2-d moveset) and as PC WOO!!)
4. Sakurai doesn't mind letting his own roster slip(on the smashbros site)as he knows what the interent is like.(by that i mean he knows people gonna play its 24/7 to unlock everything and post it on the interent)

While im here Ridley and Dark Samus for Brawl

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I don't think that implies that that's the starting roster. Didn't he say that 3rd party characters would be unlockable? In which case Sonic can't be in the starting roster. And yes, that's the E4All roster.

But besides that info, what the update was actually about was pretty lame.

Apparently when you play "with anyone" you can only play 4 player team or FFA, 2 min timed, on a semi-random stage, and you can't be guaranteed any of your item preferences will be in the match. Sounds pretty lame compared to how much control you're normally given. It could at least give you the option to choose to play stock (I guess it would make it always 4 stock like it always makes it 2 min) and the number of players. Maybe also items all off vs. items on (using the item switch). I guess that's too hard, since it would have to match people who were trying to get into the same kind of match.

But as far as I can tell, it doesn't look like you can even choose to play a game 1 on 1. Looks like with anyone will be fun sometimes, but with friends is pretty much the way to play.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm*

SHE confirmed that SHE is a SHE,you just have to ask her stupid!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
this was a HUGE update, but i mean by information wise, not that it was a huge surprise or something like that.

but i posted my thoughts on the front page, and it's big. it's vauge for things like item switch, but i think what i stated is what will happen

and off-topic, but dammit Ridley FTB, empty your d*** PM box!

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
I am probably in the minority on thinking this, but I thought this was one of the most disheartening updates so far.

I was all happy with it until the end. Most characters will be unlocked via Sub-Space Emissary? Really? No variety at all? That kind of blows. I liked how in Melee you had to go all over the place to unlock all the characters. Now? Not so much.

I can live with the simplistic online battles. That's fine. But knowing that there isn't much to unlock character-wise outside of SSE just takes some of the fun of playing the other modes away.

Boo on the update (or at least that paragraph). I would have rather not known this part.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
for me,the only part on update that sucked is that sakurai kinda says he's not gonna put many unlockables
=(
i love unlocking things!

Barnacules

Smash Cadet
for me,the only part on update that sucked is that sakurai kinda says he's not gonna put many unlockables
=(
i love unlocking things!
He never said anything about how many unlockables he was putting in, he just said he wasn't going to try as hard to keep them secret because they're probably going to get spoiled anyway.

A pretty good update overall, although I'm disappointed you can't pick stock instead of 2:00 time matches, but I'll play with friends most of the time so it doesn't really matter.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
He never said anything about how many unlockables he was putting in, he just said he wasn't going to try as hard to keep them secret because they're probably going to get spoiled anyway.

A pretty good update overall, although I'm disappointed you can't pick stock instead of 2:00 time matches, but I'll play with friends most of the time so it doesn't really matter.
oh thanks for exaplaining for me.:)

and who said you can't pick stock ? i bet its hidden somewhere there...;)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I don't think that implies that that's the starting roster. Didn't he say that 3rd party characters would be unlockable? In which case Sonic can't be in the starting roster. And yes, that's the E4All roster.

But besides that info, what the update was actually about was pretty lame.

Apparently when you play "with anyone" you can only play 4 player team or FFA, 2 min timed, on a semi-random stage, and you can't be guaranteed any of your item preferences will be in the match. Sounds pretty lame compared to how much control you're normally given. It could at least give you the option to choose to play stock (I guess it would make it always 4 stock like it always makes it 2 min) and the number of players. Maybe also items all off vs. items on (using the item switch). I guess that's too hard, since it would have to match people who were trying to get into the same kind of match.

But as far as I can tell, it doesn't look like you can even choose to play a game 1 on 1. Looks like with anyone will be fun sometimes, but with friends is pretty much the way to play.

Where exactly do you get this from? I mean if I were to throw a screenshot of Melee's Selection screen the first time you opened it, it would say the exact same ****. 2 minute KO Fest!.... Does that mean that Melee has no stock matches? No... It means the guy hasen't changed those settings.

The 1 vs 1 matches are basically confirmed (to the 2nd guy) if the host starts after 1 player joins then only 2 players will be in the game, so its a 1 vs 1, how did you arrive to your conclusion that its only 4v4? Because there are 4 slots? Melee has 4 slots, that doesn't mean you have to fill them all with characters, even if you have 4 controllers...

The items things if anything this screenshot moves us one step closer to what we want. Before I thought you woudn't even be able to change anything at all. But as you can see there is an "Items" button, so that means that at least the host can change SOMETHING about them.

Stage is able to be chosen too, by who? We don't know.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Look, there is no particular host here, and if there is, he/she has no advantage in choosing. Maybe if both players decide to stop allowing joiners you'll start fighting. Perhaps you can change the time limit and stock, but nothings confirmed yet, so don't complain yet.

Today my day, though. I don't see why its seen as a bad update. I loved it. It confirmed so many stuff. Most players play till the end, and when at the end, they disconnect.(if they lost) Its a great thing to fight a bot those last few seconds instead of being send back to the main menu in an instant. I liked how fast things seem to go here, too. You won't ever get bored since there are only 45 seconds of waiting time and because you can practice in those seconds. Woohoo! I also like how they're not struggling with the hidden characters and making a stricter and more irritating lock. It makes for more accesibility in online, and of course less waiting because you have less players that have the same players and stages unlocked as you do. I wish Nintendo was being easy like that more times.

Most interestng thing, though, is the unexplained Team Match. Is it having a random player from the online network team up with you against 2 other morons? Or is it having a friend next to you being your teammate while you battle against two other teammates somewhere else on the world, ala Mario Strikers? Maybe(unlikely, though) it means coop mode with anyone? Whatever it is, it looks like fun to me. But I'd rather not have the CPU change thingy when someone disconnects, having the opposite team as 2 bots. Thats kinda boring.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I like the way they have the games set up... but i would love different categories. Like an MLG practice zone where they have the MLG rule and people can practice.

I don't think they need a ranking system... but i would love to see a total wins and losses category.

Just some things i would like... but i am happy with what they got going.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
I like the way they have the games set up... but i would love different categories. Like an MLG practice zone where they have the MLG rule and people can practice.

I don't think they need a ranking system... but i would love to see a total wins and losses category.
they already had the total wins/loses thing i melee :chuckle:

and what is MLG?

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I am probably in the minority on thinking this, but I thought this was one of the most disheartening updates so far.

I was all happy with it until the end. Most characters will be unlocked via Sub-Space Emissary? Really? No variety at all? That kind of blows. I liked how in Melee you had to go all over the place to unlock all the characters. Now? Not so much.

I can live with the simplistic online battles. That's fine. But knowing that there isn't much to unlock character-wise outside of SSE just takes some of the fun of playing the other modes away.

Boo on the update (or at least that paragraph). I would have rather not known this part.
Characters arent the only thing in this game....

And un locking all the characters in VS mode is any better?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Honestly, I wish we'd get a FULL character leak. I'm tired of speculating. I've never seen people (including me) this excited about a mere part of the game (the characters).

If not the full roster, then at least the amount of total characters. I don't even care about being spoiled anymore...

Blue X

Smash Cadet
We've already gone one month without a character update. I hope it just turns out to be like the pattern I remember someone pointing out about last month getting no characters and this month getting 3 new characters/veterans.

Boofer

Smash Ace
We've already gone one month without a character update. I hope it just turns out to be like the pattern I remember someone pointing out about last month getting no characters and this month getting 3 new characters/veterans.
I doubt that. And the pattern meant that we would get 3 NEWCOMERS specifically. Veterans were not part of the pattern.

Top Bottom