• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

Wreked

Smash Lord

Kinda played with the colors a bit. But looks like an antenna to me. You can almost see the string and you can definitely see the ball.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
looks pretty awesome an the fact that its not the characters have that hand drawn look rather than being 3d models makes it more believable, cause all the fake boxarts so far have been 3d models of some of the characters which were clearly taken from screenshots, this one doesnt have that artifical feeling althouhg u never know either way it looks great (also after seeing strikers charged boxart I wouldnt be suprised if the final one looks sumthin like this

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
the dot is just a design on the box, kinda like a water droplet.

dont get hype, people got hype when they saw "sonic" rolling in that video.

D

Deleted member

I don't think the 'S' is anything. Its more like how people saw Sonic in Samus's ship; its what you want to believe.

Andre's fake boxart is great. Its very much in the style of the previous Melee, where the focus was on pure fighting.

With a more story-driven mode in Brawl this time, it makes sense that the characters assume more dynamic poses in the "offical artwork", as if united together.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Lol do you guys really belive they'll put any character in 10x10 pixels of the box?
Relax, i can tell atomic ant is NOT in the game ._.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's just a copyright symbol! >_<

Anyway, it's safe to say now that this is the real deal. Otherwise, the quality would've remained the same throughout the sites if they got it from the same source. Which they didn't because of the quality differences among the sites' boxarts.

Yay! Now we just need Wi-Fi on there and the rating and we're set...

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
It seems legit,and since it just got leaked it probably wouldn't get the finished product with the Wi-Fi symbol and rating. If fake,the guy who made it is a master artist.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
If this turns out to be real.. I am going to have so much fun...

oh and about finding out Wednesday... ? we found out nothing did we? or is it wednesday for some other time zone?

viewtiful_jon

Smash Apprentice
Why is Link shown as right handed? Surely Nintendo wouldn't change the nature of the protagonist of one of their most beloved series after a single multi-console release in which he was left-handed in one?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, obviously, you know the story about right handed Link...

I haven't payed attention enough to see what he is on Brawl, but if he is Right-Handed, I guess they're going for the current console's rendition.

zurf23

Smash Apprentice

Meta Knight's on the boxart, but not "officially profiled on the site" yet.

Still, I guess I can kind of understand what you're saying. But personally, I think it's more believable with character we know are in, rather than depicting characters we've heard no mention of. To me, if the picture did have, say, Ridley on the cover, I'd would be more inclined to think it was fake (simply because Ridley hasn't been confirmed).

Again.

Note the absence of DK and Yoshi.

I think we tend to base too much of this game on Melee, even with the boxart.
He has a point, they did bring back the bumper.

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
You know it kinda looks like olimar's antenna thing.[/]

© or ®, believe me.

I do want Olimar though, or anything pikmin, if they have AC stuff, they should have Pikmin stuff. :)

But for sure, they should have Mother stuff, but that's irrelevant.

I can't tell wether it's real or fake anymore. All I know is, Im printing it, and putting in on my wall lol.

Even if its real, its "temporary" so, I mean, I'd love to see this little guy by Late November on the Box Art:

If fake, Ill repeat everyone, kudos to the designer. The box is EPIC.

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
Sent a message to eStarland about the boxart. I asked if they had a bigger/better quality version of it. This was the reply they gave me:

Hello,

Unfortunately as of now this is the only picture we have and in this size only.

Thank You,
eStarland Team

WarxePB

Smash Ace
It looks legit, but even a passing look notes that those are all poses seen in the various trailers/screenshots. So probably a fake.

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
That one sucks =\
Hope the one in the original post is the real one.

Edit: The dot at the logo isn't Olimar.
It's just the copyright-sign x]

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I’ll be the critical one.
I think it is fake, as it is not the standard I would expect of the box art for this game.
Firstly it is not in the same 'mood' as the game has so far been presented; this is almost relaxed, uses calm colors and is not realistic. Not an opposite, but still somewhat different from the ‘mood’ of brawl; a kind of fast, clean and realistic thing.
The shading is nearly stylized and positioning/sizing is wacky. (Part of the unrealistic bit.)

It is also overcrowded; any basic designer knows that if you overwhelm any casual onlooker it will not sell ‘said item’ as well as it could have, overcrowding does that. That’s the reason why in melee they didn’t do a group portrait it would overcrowd the box with that many full body characters.

Also when compared with different boxes, the Wii banner seems the slightest out of place, go to Estarland and select other Nintendo games like Mario Galaxy & Metroid Corruption, clicking back and forward fast to see this, it is a small and I sometimes wonder if I should trust my eyes for small things but this detail but may be important.

This defiantly could be a mock of the final, that is possible, but without a decent amount of editing I really doubt it.

(My experience with this type of thing is living in a house of professional painters and designers, I am not one myself, but as fresh unbiased eyes I am requested for this type of thing often. If I had the time I would look at it longer but since I don't I'll end analysis short of long.)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why does everyone use the word "legit" in this thread? It's not a problem or anything, it's just that nearly everyone seems to have chosen that word for this thread. There other ways of saying "that looks real".

[/off topic but still kind of relevant. I guess]

Smash Ace
I like how this one has only confirmed characters on it.
I'd believe this one, and that says something.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Its just preliminary boxart because the ones most sites had (just the logo) was bland and wouldn't sell things well.

Its the not the final thing, just something Nintendo cooked up to help companies get pre-sales.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Its just preliminary boxart because the ones most sites had (just the logo) was bland and wouldn't sell things well.

Its the not the final thing, just something Nintendo cooked up to help companies get pre-sales.
QFW.

I was just about to post that.

And hey, even if it is fake, the creator got what he wanted, praise, sparked debate, and lethargic analyzes.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
well they are probably showing this many characters on the cover that way it won't give away any other characters on the final cover until unveiled on the site, becuase it seems a bit empty on the cover

Top Bottom