• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out somethings that helps prove this cover wrong.

1.) Wario in this picture is one of his most used 'screen shots' for him.
2.) Link's picture can easily be used from the Twilight Princess game. His pose should count little.

I'll come back when I notice more things that help disprove this.

Note: The easiest way to prove something is real, is to try and disprove everything first. :D

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Link's pic is from TP, TP Link's hair isn't that light. They probably made him more blonde in Brawl so his hair color would resemble OoT Link's, because that's the Link most people know about.

~Piks

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Link's pic is from TP, TP Link's hair isn't that light. They probably made him more blonde in Brawl so his hair color would resemble OoT Link's, because that's the Link most people know about.

~Piks
True.... But Lighting effects can make it lighter. It's VERY easy to lighten someone's hair in photoshop. I know that for a fact, and from experience. In addition, having another color to pull it from, such as OoT, makes it even easier to manipulate.

In conclusion:
Using only the color of his hair as a way to say it isn't from TP won't cut it for someone good with Photoshop.

But hey, it was worth a shot.

SmashFi3nd

Smash Apprentice
this boxart looks real legit to me, it just looks so real and its very hard to draw 3D models of characters like tht mario one, ive never seen him do tht pose and for some1 to go thro tht much trouble to draw tht...they must really not have a life

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, I personally think that if they had Sonic in the game he would be somewhere on the Boxart.

I mean, it would be kinda stupid that they had 2 of the most famous video game characters in one game and don't show one on the Boxart just to leave him as a secret. Wouldn't draw as much attention as one with Sonic and Mario in it.
Rivalry!!!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
well thats just the front...you never know if on the back you see a screenshot of Sonic...or maybe they'd rather keep it secret and wait till someone finds out...

Wreked

Smash Lord
well thats just the front...you never know if on the back you see a screenshot of Sonic...or maybe they'd rather keep it secret and wait till someone finds out...
No they would advertise sonic a lot. It would be very big news when not if when sonic is announced.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
No they would advertise sonic a lot. It would be very big news when not if when sonic is announced.
I agree, and have made the point several times before. To me, this is the best argument against the box art.

However, I still believe it's official art.

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
If sonic is confirmed that is. But we don't know if he is, so..until he is, it kinda remains void. And don't bring the "Sonic for brawl" crap here, you have enough threads for it in the Char. Discussion.

And for the record, I'm all for Sonic in brawl. I just don't see him confirmed yet, so it doesn't matter one way or another >_>

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai's already said that all Third-Party characters will be secret characters, therefore, Sonic would be secret....

Therefore, he wouldn't be on the box....

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai's already said that all Third-Party characters will be secret characters, therefore, Sonic would be secret....

Therefore, he wouldn't be on the box....
That's good to know. It makes people who use any 3rd party character not on there go void.

snake isn't on there sooo
See, not only above, but the [person who's name eludes me] post about how people say "This character isn't on the box, it's fake" post.

JPW

Smash Ace
that's pretty good, but I reckon it's still a fake.

But anyway I reckon the real one will probably just have the 4 main's(Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu) on the cover with the rest of the stasrting characters inthose small boxes again.

And then there will be some screenshots and info on the back.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I doubt there's anyone out there willing to put THAT much work into something just to fool people. And if there is, at least they're good at it, because im utterly fooled.]

And why would they plop a wifi sticker on the box art? they just show the RP tag because they pretty much have to, so they're not going to throw any other tags on it IMO, specifically on a working cover.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
that's pretty good, but I reckon it's still a fake.

But anyway I reckon the real one will probably just have the 4 main's(Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu) on the cover with the rest of the stasrting characters inthose small boxes again.

And then there will be some screenshots and info on the back.
That's unoriginal :|

The Director

Smash Lord
I think it's legit...but if it isn't the final box art, I think it's probably one of the many final choices they've narrowed down, just like the various Mario Galaxy box arts they had.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
i still think its real...but not official. It would've made more sense if they had shown theAncient Minister

IllidR

Smash Champion
If it's no the official one created by Nintendo then it's the best creation I've ever seen. And also i hope they add a little "Wi-Fi Compatible" symbol up there. >.>

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Odds are it's just temporary box-art, but if it is, they went out on a limb because that's amazing. Remember, there were other versions of Melee's boxart before the official one appeared.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
I think he means it's real, but the box art may change anytime they want it to change, like the Super Mario Galaxy boxart, so it's not completely official.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Fake. It looks like an obvoius (talented) artist's drawing. Link's face looks slightly off, and the characters look like drawings rather than 3d models. I also find it odd that it includes only characters that are officially profiled on the site, and includes an obscure character like PT but leaves out DK, Yoshi, Ness, Captain Nipplesuit, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Bowser, etc - all characters that would be returning. Remember Melee's boxart? All 14 starting characters were featured.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Fake. It looks like an obvoius (talented) artist's drawing. Link's face looks slightly off, and the characters look like drawings rather than 3d models.

I also find it odd that it includes only characters that are officially profiled on the site. . .
Meta Knight's on the boxart, but not "officially profiled on the site" yet.

Still, I guess I can kind of understand what you're saying. But personally, I think it's more believable with character we know are in, rather than depicting characters we've heard no mention of. To me, if the picture did have, say, Ridley on the cover, I'd would be more inclined to think it was fake (simply because Ridley hasn't been confirmed).

. . . and includes an obscure character like PT but leaves out DK, Yoshi, Ness, Captain Nipplesuit, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Bowser, etc - all characters that would be returning. Remember Melee's boxart? All 14 starting characters were featured.
Again.

Note the absence of DK and Yoshi.

I think we tend to base too much of this game on Melee, even with the boxart.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Fake. It looks like an obvoius (talented) artist's drawing. Link's face looks slightly off, and the characters look like drawings rather than 3d models.
Sooooooooooo..........

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It will probably be similar to Melee's, and it's fake. Bowser is a icon, DK is a icon, and Yoshi is a icon. Including the Pokémon Trainer, and not including I dunno...THREE MAJOR GAMING ICONs would be retarted. Plus it will probably have the 3rd party characters on the cover as well in the REAL boxart. And Link's face look gives it away=it's fake, for sure. For the 3rd party characters on the boxart, that's just my guess. :)

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it may be real to me. That's all really good artwork we haven't seen yet, so it's gotta be somehow related to the actual thing.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, it's fake, no wifi. Wi-fi was confirmed, plus, it's Brawl, probally the best selling game of this generation, and there's no wifi?!?!?!
it said rated RP and wait until the final version, Sakurai said Online is gonna be in the game and is the main aspect of the game

Top Bottom