• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

Card

Smash Lord
Sakurai said Online is gonna be in the game and is the main aspect of the game
You're dreaming in Technicolor.

When and Where did Sakurai say that? The only things Sakurai said about online was "I will try my best to get online working, but I won't make any promises" (something along those lines). He never said "Online is in" and he most certainly did not say that Online was the main aspect of the game.

Find me a quote that doesn't come from your imaginative brain and maybe I'll believe you.

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
Although it might not be the final boxart, but at least it's more legit then some of the other boxes I've seen.
I remember one of my friends trying to make me believe someone sent him the official boxart; it pretty much had official art from many different Nintendo games put on a PS2 game case; from the crappy job of it, I'm guessing it was done in MS Paint. Obviously fake, but he actually believed them.

Darkurai

Smash Master
OMG NO WIFI ITS FAKE

Guys, seriously. I want you to give me a link to where SAKURAI says Wi-Fi is in the game.
Besides, I doubt the game's final rating will be Rating-Pending. ¬_¬

Even if this is fake, I agree with Circus. Whoever made this worked a lot on it and deserves to fool us.

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
It seems very nice to me.
Though I think it's fake.
Pit normally holds his twin-sword in his left hand.
Not in his right.
And i'm missing Solid Snake and Zelda...

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
like someone said before. it is very well possible that this could have been hand drawn and then done in photoshop. I use photoshop all the time so yes it's possible to do something like this.... it would just take a really long time. even for a good photoshop user. If it is not real I dont think someone was trying to fool everyone I think it's just to say hey look what I did. I dont think it was drawn and done in photoshop though. i'd like to think no one is going to sit down for days and do that but people do strange things. I think if anything it a temporary place holder. I think that makes the most sense

put something together real quick good enough to look professionally done. and if they dont get around to revamping it (which I think they must) then they can always fall back on this one. basically I think we will be getting the "T" for teen logo along with the wi-fi logo later with a better looking more suitable box art. not saying this one is horrible.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
You're dreaming in Technicolor.

When and Where did Sakurai say that? The only things Sakurai said about online was "I will try my best to get online working, but I won't make any promises" (something along those lines). He never said "Online is in" and he most certainly did not say that Online was the main aspect of the game.

Find me a quote that doesn't come from your imaginative brain and maybe I'll believe you.
OMG NO WIFI ITS FAKE

Guys, seriously. I want you to give me a link to where SAKURAI says Wi-Fi is in the game.\

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

I guess that's not a flat-out guarantee, but it's still fairly considerable.

Card

Smash Lord
Pit normally holds his twin-sword in his left hand.
Not in his right.
Oh really...?

Then what hand is it in throughout almost half of this video?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea05.html

What about what hand is it in, in the official concept art?

What about what hand is it in, in the various screenshots of Pit?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/pit.html

His right hand...

Man, I hate people who make these baseless accusations and are convinced that they are right. They flood these boards at all times of the day.

Darkurai

Smash Master
And i'm missing Solid Snake and Zelda...

Please point out Yoshi and DK, 'cause I don't see them there.

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

I guess that's not a flat-out guarantee, but it's still fairly considerable.
No it's not. Sakurai said he planned for Wi-Fi. He never confirmed it.
Sakurai said that he planned for you to be able to save your names onto your Wii Remote for when you go to your friend's house. Then immedietaly afterwards, he said he might not be able to make it happen.

Card

Smash Lord
No it's not. Sakurai said he planned for Wi-Fi. He never confirmed it.
Sakurai said that he planned for you to be able to save your names onto your Wii Remote for when you go to your friend's house. Then immedietaly afterwards, he said he might not be able to make it happen.

Quoted for Truth.

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode.
"My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

Blue = IGN
Red = Sakurai

Who are you going to believe? IGN who immediately claim the game will have Online back at E3 2006, or Sakurai who said it was his "plan" to do this. Doesn't mean his plan will become real, after all the Nintendo Wi-Fi is complete garbage in comparison to Playstation Network and XBox Live. Anyone else here tried Pokemon Battle Revolution and Mario Strikers Online? Garbage the both of them. I don't know about you, but I would rather have no online at all if it's going to be as cruddy as those two games online modes.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I think is real, because there is a LOT of new arts of characeters... however, samus pose anoys me more than G&W taunt, DX

Card

Smash Lord
I think is real, because there is a LOT of new arts of characeters... however, samus pose anoys me more than G&W taunt, DX

I also think that this boxart is legit. It's original, has many unique character poses, actually looks good instead of some cruddy photoshop filter effect for the background, and doesnt have ridiculous claims such as Sonic or Rayman on the cover.

and the reason there is no Wi-Fi symbol is because *gasp* there is no Online mode in Smash Brawl.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Quoted for Truth.

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode.
"My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.

Blue = IGN
Red = Sakurai

Who are you going to believe? IGN who immediately claim the game will have Online back at E3 2006, or Sakurai who said it was his "plan" to do this. Doesn't mean his plan will become real, after all the Nintendo Wi-Fi is complete garbage in comparison to Playstation Network and XBox Live. Anyone else here tried Pokemon Battle Revolution and Mario Strikers Online? Garbage the both of them. I don't know about you, but I would rather have no online at all if it's going to be as cruddy as those two games online modes.
I don't know what you're talking about but Strikers is perfectly fine online for me.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I also think that this boxart is legit. It's original, has many unique character poses, actually looks good instead of some cruddy photoshop filter effect for the background, and doesnt have ridiculous claims such as Sonic or Rayman on the cover.

and the reason there is no Wi-Fi symbol is because *gasp* there is no Online mode in Smash Brawl.
Or...you know...it's gonna be added.
Honestly, if you don't WANT Wi-Fi, don't play it.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
By the way, just some notes for the people posting SSB64's boxart in response to my comments on it being a drawing rather than 3d rendering:

1) Few if ANY N64 games used in-game 3d models for boxart. The graphics of the N64 just weren't that good. Melee, in contrast, used rendered characters on its box art, as have most major Gamecube and Wii games thus far, iirc.

2) The drawing on the N64 box is EXTREMELY cartoonish and lacking in real detail, whereas the boxart posted here is extremely detailed and made to look as much as the in-game Wii character models as possible. They were hand-drawn because a faker wouldn't be able to use the REAL 3d models without using poses from stock screenshots. In order to use new, never-before-seen poses, they would have to be drawn by somebody with the talent to do so.

D

Deleted member

It IS real.

If anything, why is everyone else getting bigger quality pics, and putting it up on their order sites?

There's a high chance WiFi will be included, since this is obviously not finished boxart (see RP rating).

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
I really think and hope Wi-Fi will be included.
It seems really cool to me to fight against a Japanese guy.
Or kick some german butts.

Fawriel

Smash Master
^^^
My German butt shall kick you. With its imaginary legs.
By the way, just some notes for the people posting SSB64's boxart in response to my comments on it being a drawing rather than 3d rendering:

1) Few if ANY N64 games used in-game 3d models for boxart. The graphics of the N64 just weren't that good. Melee, in contrast, used rendered characters on its box art, as have most major Gamecube and Wii games thus far, iirc.

2) The drawing on the N64 box is EXTREMELY cartoonish and lacking in real detail, whereas the boxart posted here is extremely detailed and made to look as much as the in-game Wii character models as possible. They were hand-drawn because a faker wouldn't be able to use the REAL 3d models without using poses from stock screenshots. In order to use new, never-before-seen poses, they would have to be drawn by somebody with the talent to do so.
Yes, indeed.

This would be a better example:

Original artwork is a smart idea for boxart. 3d models are nothing impressive anymore.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
^^^
My German butt shall kick you. With its imaginary legs.

Yes, indeed.

This would be a better example:

Original artwork is a smart idea for boxart. 3d models are nothing impressive anymore.
he's got a point there

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman

I dont like it at all... so unimaginative... it just screams ""hey just just make a collage" shaites weak

Darkurai

Smash Master

Strikers Charged says Hi.

D

Deleted member

Final proof its real?

Its on Amazon now.

The colours alone prove its genuine.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
nah even metroid prime echoes had SOME sort of online functionality.... they wouldnt leave online out altogehter even if it is just to trade stickers :\

Fawriel

Smash Master
Either the domino effect is showing and all the retailers jump on the "seems credible enough" bandwagon, or this is really official. o_0

Or one of the many possible boxarts? I never heard of the practice to choose from many possibilities when it comes to boxart ( I mean, finished and polished artwork, not conceptual design ), but I'm not exactly an expert, either.

Top Bottom