• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
It's hard to say if this is real or not. All could easily be shopped (hell, someone could've even grabbed one part of a certain characters body and shopped it onto the same character in a different position to make it look like he's doing something else), but at the same time this could be a leaked boxart of SSBB. Either way, I think it's ******** to completely assume it's fake or real or saying it's "Obviously fake/real!" all the time.
You know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about photoshop. You look at that and think it's easily shopped?

MORON.

Florida

イーグランツ
let me try to make this make sense; it seems as if almost all the characters we know so far have been crammed into the title art, as melee's had about 4 characters with some little boxes to represent a few others. The number of characters crammed into one piece of art makes it seem like a fan drawing.
Why do you people have to compare Brawl to Melee? The box art for Brawl will most likely end up to differ from the Melee version, as Melee did from SSB64. Also, as Circus said numerous times, Donkey Kong and Yoshi (who are starting characters) didn't make it on the box art for SSB64.

As for the art itself, that's just flippin' amazing! And also completely believable.
Everything is well done in the image, and I love the positions of the characters! If only it can be blown up without reducing it's quality, so we can all get a closer look.

Wheresmuhwifisticker?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Hey, buddy. It's original art. Pull your head out of your *** so you can take a better look.
You got proof for that? Like I said, one can easily photoshop many pieces of a characters together to make them look like they're in a different position than they are. I'm not saying they are, but it is possible. I own Adobe Photoshop CS3, so yes I do know what I'm talking about.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Hey, buddy. It's original art. Pull your head out of your *** so you can take a better look.
Hey, buddy. It's art. Pull your head out of your *** so you can stop acting childish over something that none of us have 100% proof of.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
No, you're wrong on this one. It's far more likely to be real, or at the very least OFFICIAL ART than it is fanmade.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Meta Knight being super tiny and being in the very back? I officially declare this boxart as FAKE!

On the otherhand, aside from Meta Night being in the very back, this looks **** good. But all of the other Smash games had a little fighting, or at least prepareing to fight on it, this only has characters standing around or running. But alot of those renderings I'm pretty sure we've never seen before, so at the very least it has to be some sort of official art.

I'm not saying it's fake actually (I was just kidding due to Meta Knight being in the very back and hardly noticible, when even Adventure Mode seems to be gearing him as one of the main bad guys), but from the point I stated just above, I don't believe this is the boxart, just official art, much like the Melee one that has many characters standing side by side in a row.

D

Deleted member

I don't believe this is the boxart, just official art, much like the Melee one that has many characters standing side by side in a row.
Good point. But you have to admit, its the best so far. But the Mario Galaxy boxart on the right is official.

Over 1000 views? I didn't expect that...!

dan smith

Smash Champion
My first instinct was to call fake. The fact that almost all of the revealed characters thus far have been put onto the box makes it look like it's desperate to convince. Especially given that only one of those characters was recently revealed. (PT, who is only shown sticking his head out of the side)

What this means is that an artist would have had time to draw out the box art in the period since the first characters were announced and then hastily pencil in PT as a cameo to try and make it as believable as possible.

This is so obviously not photoshopped. That argument that was going on...yeah...that was stupid...this was drawn. To photoshop images like this would take an immense amount of time...and be moronic. The truth is that an artist could do something like this in not very long. I'm and arts major. I both draw and photoshop. I know what I'm talking about. This would take as little as 3-4 hours.

The other reason that I think it's fake, other than the scenario I outlined in my first two paragraphs, is the source material this guy used. He may not have photoshopped images together, but I bet I can find some pictures he used for reference for his drawing...

http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/22/smashbrawl.jpg

http://ui14.gamespot.com/1005/foxbrawl_4.jpg

http://ui31.gamespot.com/446/pit-79735_2.jpg

I could've sworn I'd seen Wario in that exact same pose before...Link and Mario look very familiar as well. Kirby seems to rarely be rendered with his feet in front of him. The Pikachu and Fox pictures are obviously very similar. The Pit is close enough for a reference, although definitely not great evidence.

EDIT: It does look good though.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Nice job Dan Smith.

Dan's right though, after looking at it closely, it does look fake. Especially with what he's said. It's a good job the guy did, but still an overall bad design. I'd be sad if that's what the boxart looked like.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Mario's closer to the front and Fox is way off in the background. The only thing that looks even close to being off is how big Mario looks in comparison to Samus.
All I'm going to say is that you have a poor eye. Fox's problem is not proportion.

Mario's problem is not merely how big he is. He's... off.

(lol I lied at the start and said more...)

I will say that I am not so sure whether it's fake or not. But either way there's something queer about it.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
This looks legit, but I'm not believing anything until nintendo says word on this. But this could be very real, and most likely might be. There are images being used that we haven't seen before. I don't think anyone can fake this easily.

The picture of Link is the one thing that seperates this thing from being fake. If anyone says that pic is TP no it's not. Do a search, make a good comparison at both images. They both looks similar but both look different. Make a good inspection.

example

That Picture has to be a different picture of Link from Brawl on the boxart. And if your still in doubt Since when has there been a picture of Brawl Link with his Master sword on his back? You guys can't say this is from TP.

Edit: Sry about the post before. I didn't mean to send it at first. Ignore it.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
For the boxart to have a new pose for every character that we havent seen, I'd think it would be real. I mean they didnt use that overused metaknight stance.

But hey, it may be fake. The creator just did a pretty darn good job.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
I think it's real. I can't find those pics of the characters anywhere else...

Although I came pretty close with Pit:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit_070525b-l.jpg

But then I realized how Pit is facing a different direction on the box and his arm is extended, unlike the pic on smashbros.com. I am very convinced this is real until someone finds links to the pics used for the characters. If it is fake, the artist deserves some praise.

Oh, and about the Wi-FI sticker missing, I think it is either on the back or they haven't gotten around to putting it on the case. Or there just might not be Wi-Fi. (!)

Revven

FrankerZ
More like a mock-up than a fake...it's on a game shop site, so if you're going to say "fake" at least use the more professional term for sites like these which is "mock-up". =\

I still believe this is a mock-up but is close to being the final boxart or can be what the final boxart might look like.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Biggest question to the "It's Photoshopped and thus Fake" believers: ...Where did they access the art to use for the characters? Cuz those are totally new poses.

I like it, I wouldn't mind at all if that was the official boxart. But they sure better slap a Wi-Fi sticker on there come release or heads are going to roll, that's for sure.

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's not photoshopped in the sence that they took pics and pasted them together, but it could've been hand drawn in Photoshop with the aid of a palette.

However, the colors, shadding and positions are very nintendo, besides Samus look on Brawl is more like a Dark Orange color, unlike the bright orange Varia suit of the Metroid Games, the Samus on the box art has the Dark Color, i believe it's a Prototipe.

Edit:

Oh also, to draw all those characters and make them look excatly like the ones in the game would be very very hard to do.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
this could... be real? wow... but know that we have seen it... they won't use it. :laugh:

Fawriel

Smash Master
I believe "spiffy" would be the correct term here.

I doubt that it's real, though. Everyone knows that whoever leaks information from a Nintendo project is met with the vengeful spirit of a plumber after 7 days.
There are amazing artists out there, it's not far-fetched that one of them decided to have some fun with fanart.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
fake.

if it was real it would have more then the charcters we have already seen. much more starting charcters will be revealed befor the end

Top Bottom