• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Yeah, only the origional characters were on the cover. None of the unlockables were.

Which is interesting.... nobody knows who is unlockable and not, so this cover (if correct) would mean that Snake, DK, Diddy, Bowser, Zelda, Yoshi and Ike are all unlockables.

Assuming Brawl does the same they did with Melee, (with the cover), that would mean that Yoshi, Bowser and Zelda are unlockables... O_o Why would they be if they started out as originals in the first game? I would imagine the new comers would be unlockables... And, there has to be more characters than this.... and they would probably be unlockables before our main origional characters. Hmmmmmmmmm....?
Yoshi and DK weren't on the box to SSB64.
YOU FAIL.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
WHERES YOSHI?????

It seems real thought, but the wi-fi thing can be add later.

Revven

FrankerZ
Um.. when did we ever mention 64?!
We were talking about Game Cube. You fail...

Kid's about as sharp as a bag full of water...
Using what he said he means that not everyone will appear on the boxart. Just because characters are on the boxart doesn't tell us whether they're unlockable or they're already unlocked. It just tells us that they're in the game, and using what he said, DK and Yoshi weren't on SSB64's boxart did that mean they were unlockables? No, it didn't, they were on the side of the cover anyway.

The boxart is just to look good, it doesn't matter who's on the cover as it's just that, a cover. You can say what you want about who you think will be on the cover or should be on the cover, doesn't change the fact that they're in the game or not. Boxart =/= Determines nothing within the game.

It's just a cover, it doesn't need everyone for pete sakes.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Using what he said he means that not everyone will appear on the boxart. Just because characters are on the boxart doesn't tell us whether they're unlockable or they're already unlocked. It just tells us that they're in the game, and using what he said, DK and Yoshi weren't on SSB64's boxart did that mean they were unlockables? No, it didn't, they were on the side of the cover anyway.

The boxart is just to look good, it doesn't matter who's on the cover as it's just that, a cover. You can say what you want about who you think will be on the cover or should be on the cover, doesn't change the fact that they're in the game or not. Boxart =/= Determines nothing within the game.

It's just a cover, it doesn't need everyone for pete sakes.
All this was just brainstorming, nothing serious. Some people misunderstood. Besides, this was between me and MetaKnight'sSword, we were brainstorming this whole thing out. We weren't trying to change any body's opinions about what the "official" box art should look like.

You nailed my main point right on the dot though: "Boxart determines nothing within the game."
I couldn't agree more.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Did Nintendo confirm this official boxart? I don't think so. Besides, I'm siding more with what dan smith said.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I don't think so Takeshi. I don't know how they would really confirm. I doubt that it would need an update on the dojo. Maybe IGN will say nintendo released official brawl boxart or something.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nintendo will be the confirmation of everything. I can't stand some of these people who think IGN, Gamestop, and all these places are the official place. They aren't and never have been.

Revven

FrankerZ
Did Nintendo confirm this official boxart? I don't think so. Besides, I'm siding more with what dan smith said.
As if Nintendo has anything to do with the boxart of SSBB. ;) It's actually Sora LTD. that would have to confirm it, but even then, do you really believe they would waste an update to confirm a boxart? I don't think so. There would be an uproar about it simply because we already knew about it which by the way, people hate updates that are about what we already know. *is not being an ****

Anyway, most boxarts shown before a release of a game by a couple of months to a couple of days are usually true or are what the final boxart might look like. I wouldn't doubt this as official, I'd say it's merely a mock-up design, but will be very close to the final. Things could definitely change however.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
hmmmm. no wifi symbol
*(@@^*&!$$@^$@@$##@!*$#

I think they haven't gotten around to adding it yet. See how it says "Rating Pending"? Does that mean the game will launch with that on it? No, it will change. Nintendo (or whoever is making the game) probably didn't want to reveal online play yet.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The problem is that Sakurai said he's going to make it "E" rating. Which is why Snake isn't going to have guns. So there's not a lot of reason why it would be RP

And I haven't bought any games with WiFi, but usually that info is located on the back, or like Xbox, on the top right of the front, but that's occupied by the Wii logo.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
The problem is that Sakurai said he's going to make it "E" rating. Which is why Snake isn't going to have guns. So there's not a lot of reason why it would be RP

And I haven't bought any games with WiFi, but usually that info is located on the back, or like Xbox, on the top right of the front, but that's occupied by the Wii logo.
Sakurai going to make this "E" rated???? that doesnt make sense considereing that SSBM was rated "T" and there were no guns (well there were but not metal Bullets)

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Isn't that kind of fishy...

We have seen two different covers now. One with Wi-fi, one without. In other words, somebody "unofficial" made it. I don't think Nintendo would make the mistake of sending different box-arts to gaming companies. And like people have said, it looks badly cropped. Anyone with a drop of photoshop skills can make this cover.

Somebody is pulling your leg. And their enjoying every minute of it.

I said it once, and I'll say it once yet again. EVERYTHING IS UNCONFIRMED UNTIL CONFIRMED! Just because a bunch of gaming sites have come together to match (almost) what the cover looks like, doesn't mean its real. I'm waiting to see what Nintendo says. Then I'll believe.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
When the Twilight Princess box art was revealed, it was 100% clear that it was official. When asked about it, Nintendo confirmed it, and they even posted the picture on their own site. There is so much doubt surrounding this image that I highly doubt it is official. It is very high quality, and I am surprised something like this made it out into the open. However, various game sites are obviously going to prefer a quality fake cover over the plain fake cover with nothing more than the game logo on the front.

Florida

イーグランツ
This boxart looks so legit. Seriously, this is so legit that it makes the word legit seem false.

legit legit legit.

Anyways, I'm still thinking it's real. But that's only because I really like it :laugh:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer

I have a number of problems with this cover. Overall, it lacks the Nintendo style. It consists of only a handful of characters revealed so far. That fact alone does not prove it to be fake, but the choice of characters seems random/inconsistent. The background is incredibly plain: it is a bright blue flash. Where is the detailed battleground with characters facing off against one another? Also, look closely at the characters. They have a rather odd style to them. I know several good artists who could probably pull something like this off. Odds are that the final box art will be something from Nintendo that no one could replicate on their own.

Basically, I would be rather disappointed if this were the final cover. It really is a high quality piece of work, and props should go to whoever created it. Sadly, it is not Nintendo caliber. (And the adding of the WiFi symbol later is a blatant signal that there is no remorse in further modifying the picture. Obviously, the final art has yet to be revealed.)

Weed

Smash Lord

I have a number of problems with this cover. Overall, it lacks the Nintendo style. It consists of only a handful of characters revealed so far. That fact alone does not prove it to be fake, but the choice of characters seems random/inconsistent. The background is incredibly plain: it is a bright blue flash. Where is the detailed battleground with characters facing off against one another? Also, look closely at the characters. They have a rather odd style to them. I know several good artists who could probably pull something like this off. Odds are that the final box art will be something from Nintendo that no one could replicate on their own.

Basically, I would be rather disappointed if this were the final cover. It really is a high quality piece of work, and props should go to whoever created it. Sadly, it is not Nintendo caliber. (And the adding of the WiFi symbol later is a blatant signal that there is no remorse in further modifying the picture. Obviously, the final art has yet to be revealed.)
Agreed completely, it just doesn't feel like Nintendo..
And we've got almost 3 months before the games release, what game releases its box art so early? We've got oodles of unreleased characters that could go on it..sorry, this isn't real.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer

Husband my love... you are too hot. :) And... completely correct on the matter!

Top Bottom