• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
See? It's just a filler, lot's of anticipated games have them.

You can tell right off the bat because a. it's all characters we know and b. the background blows **** and c. no wifi sticker

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
http://wii.ign.com/mail/

They talk about the boxart in the first question....
That about sums it up for me. Unless someone can find some strongly contradicting evidence, I would say that this box art is officially unofficial. ;)

IGN said:
Hey editors! I was wondering where you received the image of the boxart being currently used for SSBB? Is it just a good looking image or do you have some sort of validation for it? Thanks ahead of time!

Yeah, the Super Smash Bros. Brawl box art we recently added to our game object. Well, it's not really official, if that's what you're asking. I e-mailed a rep for Nintendo about whether or not it was legit, and received only the response: "We haven't released any new box art." However, the box art we're using also happens to be featured on just about every major retailer, from GameStop to Amazon, which is usually a good indicator that it was sent out to, at the very least, represent the game. It may not be final, in other words, but it could be that NOA released it as a placeholder for retailers to use. Regardless, it's pretty, and until we've got something more official, we're using it, too. Note that the box art appears with and without Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection logos depending on the retailer you visit, so don't try to draw any conclusions about Brawl's online connectivity just yet.

-- Matt

Florida

イーグランツ
IGN said:
I e-mailed a rep for Nintendo about whether or not it was legit
..... >.>!
Edit: So it's not fake, but not official, right?
Edit x2: Got my own answer ;)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
..... >.>!
DITTO.

Why does everyone say "legit" in this thread (I think I asked this before)? This is the only thread it happens in. I've seen in it like 390482 times here.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
That about sums it up for me. Unless someone can find some strongly contradicting evidence, I would say that this box art is officially unofficial. ;)
Hmmmm... I seem to remember saying something like that. That if anything box art related was to be released, NINTENDO would be the one to do it.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, hello? It IS fake. Did you not read that article? Nintendo is the only one to show us what it truly looks like. This was a artist with mad skills. And as an artist I am very jealous of those mad skills. LOL

D

Deleted member

I still stand by what I said before.

THAT IS OFFICIAL ART.

Nobody else could get it so...right. All the proportions are prefect, and debate about character positions seems to be clutching at straws.

At worst, it is one of the artworks officialy made. At best, its official.

But its miles better than anything Melee or 64 ever had.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
http://wii.ign.com/mail/

Yeah, the Super Smash Bros. Brawl box art we recently added to our game object. [link=http://wii.ign.com/objects/748/748545.html]Click here to see it.[/link] Well, it's not really official, if that's what you're asking. I e-mailed a rep for Nintendo about whether or not it was legit, and received only the response: "We haven't released any new box art." However, the box art we're using also happens to be featured on just about every major retailer, from GameStop to Amazon, which is usually a good indicator that it was sent out to, at the very least, represent the game. It may not be final, in other words, but it could be that NOA released it as a placeholder for retailers to use. Regardless, it's pretty, and until we've got something more official, we're using it, too. Note that the box art appears with and without Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection logos depending on the retailer you visit, so don't try to draw any conclusions about Brawl's online connectivity just yet.
pwnt?

Never mind. I was beaten. Self-pwnt.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
the only thing that bugs me is link's eyes. They just don't seem to gel with the rest of the art on the box. Only reason I think it's a fake.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still stand by what I said before.

THAT IS OFFICIAL ART.

Nobody else could get it so...right. All the proportions are prefect, and debate about character positions seems to be clutching at straws.

At worst, it is one of the artworks officialy made. At best, its official.
WTF? Did you not read that article? Nintendo has not released any box art at all. That is NOT official. Please read and know facts.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
See, this is where I strongly disagree with you. I know several artists who can draw with that exact quality, and the characters do not look like the real deal. Yes, it may have come from someone inside Nintendo, but the characters look sloppy compared to genuine renders.

It is funny to me how when evidence finally comes along proving that the box art is unofficial, everyone claims that some Nintendo artist made it so they're only half wrong. >_>

Rent

Smash Rookie
i dont kno, it looks very questionable for me. Although i admit its one of the best boxarts i hav seen

WR3K

Smash Ace
WTF? Did you not read that article? Nintendo has not released any box art at all. That is NOT official. Please read and know facts.
you also need to know what LEAKED means

i think its pretty much legit, you can nitpick it all you want but the idea and overall character design is just too much like the real deal to be a fake

if it is, then whoever did it needs to invest more time in drawing things other then hoaxes

interfear1

Smash Cadet
Don't lose fate. Probably Sakurai might leave the Wifi feature as a surprise at the beginning of November, I think. If you notice in IGN.com, they have this art of the game that doesn't have the Wifi symbol, but the programmers say that is not the final art so, there is still some hope about the online gaming

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Don't lose fate. Probably Sakurai might leave the Wifi feature as a surprise at the beginning of November, I think. If you notice in IGN.com, they have this art of the game that doesn't have the Wifi symbol, but the programmers say that is not the final art so, there is still some hope about the online gaming
off topic sry....but didnt Sakurai already promised us Online gaming???????:dizzy:

Yoshi!

Smash Rookie
It doesn't have on of those little gold stars that SSBM had:

Also it doesn't say 'PAL' on it. Just something I've noticed when comparing the box art with other Nintendo boxes.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
keep in mind all the starting cast of melee wasnt on the cover either

WTF? Yes it did! The original 14 are all there!

Why is this topic still being debated? IGN already confessed that the box art is being passed around because it looks cool, but Nintendo explicitly stated that it is unofficial!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/
WTF? Yes it did! The original 14 are all there!

Why is this topic still being debated? IGN already confessed that the box art is being passed around because it looks cool, but Nintendo explicitly stated that it is unofficial![/QUOTE]

uhmm I think he meant That not all the melee characters were on the brawl Boxart...not Melee box art XDDDDD

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Daaaaaaang... I am still skeptical that Nintendo will settle on that as the final art. Until Nintendo explicitly states it is the final deal, I doubt it will be what we will see in February. Still, though, I can't really argue that the art is not from Nintendo anymore. >_<

Top Bottom