• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
While I agree with your point, I'm not really seeing why Kamemushi should be among those players, and Choco only has a single result(so far, of course).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Kamemushi usually place around 9th or worse? I think he maybe had like one great placement, but that's about it.
Kamemushi always places 9th or better and that in the best or second best region, His wins include Mikeneko, Kakera and Yui. He's a top player.

But then, I think zero suit loses to Falco because I know that tourney record says stuff, but doesn't always tell the whole story. I mean, what's ZSS' recent record vs MK? Shouldn't that be +1 ZSS or 0? Of course not. But Salem ahs an even record or so vs M2K and Zero, and has beaten Tyrant, Dojo, and Otori.
I'm keeping track of the records that include virtually all of the players mentioned. Even with Salem's wins at Apex, the record is still in MK's favor. Enough to support a +1 for MK.

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
That win list isn't that impressive, surely he has better. I mean would you really compare Mikeneko, Kakera and Yui to a list like Mikeneko, Mr. R, Dojo, M2K, CT Zero etc.

*sigh* In 2010 I used to say ZSS was broken "on wifi".

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
That win list isn't that impressive, surely he has better. I mean would you really compare Mikeneko, Kakera and Yui to a list like Mikeneko, Mr. R, Dojo, M2K, CT Zero etc.

At least Kamemushi beat more than just MK and Marth :p

Unless Yui used MK not Fox when he lost to Kamemushi, in which case disregard this post.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Sometimes your posts are just ...

Did I say anything about comparing their results? Or did I just say that they are top?

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well Salem beat a Wolf and a Lucas at Apex and I remember seeing him beat False.

But generally, when someone is being called a top player...you have to have a list of MKs backing you up. You can't just say he beat one MK, a fox and a marth. Just like you wouldn't say Salem is a top player because he beat Kain, Dojo and Mikeneko.

edit: well gheb, they can't both be top if one is looking alot better based on results. no one calls nick riddle a top level zss now do they? being 2nd or 3rd best doesnt automatically make you top. just look at the tier list for proof of that. a close 2nd could be called top, but no other ZSS has wins close to Salem's so....

I await future results from this choco guy.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Well Salem beat a Wolf and a Lucas at Apex and I remember seeing him beat False.

But generally, when someone is being called a top player...you have to have a list of MKs backing you up. You can't just say he beat one MK, a fox and a marth. Just like you wouldn't say Salem is a top player because he beat Kain, Dojo and Mikeneko.

edit: well gheb, they can't both be top if one is looking alot better based on results. no one calls nick riddle a top level zss now do they? being 2nd or 3rd best doesnt automatically make you top. just look at the tier list for proof of that. a close 2nd could be called top, but no other ZSS has wins close to Salem's so....

I await future results from this choco guy.
NR is still a top level ZSS

Maybe not necessarily a top level player (though that's debatable) but definitely a top level ZSS

Tesh

Smash Hero
If a level beyond his skill has shown itself, how is he top level? I'm not saying he is bad, just not on Salem's level.

Some characters only have 1 top level player. You don't just lump the next 2 or 3 players in "just because".

Cassio

Smash Master
The problem is theres a noticeable difference between performing well in your region and performing well at nationals. Not to knock on one or the other, but atm with ZSS so far they dont perform as well at nationals as some of their Marth counterparts sans Salem for one national. Im not saying ZSS wont start doing better, in fact i think the odds are pretty good, but yall are counting chickens before they hatch.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
idk how much of the show has been shown in Australia yet, and I can assume you haven't read the books, so click the following spoiler box AT YOUR OWN RISK (that goes for anyone who cares about the show and hasn't read the books)

MASSIVE GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS
[collapse=CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK]99% of Jaime makes it back to King's Landing safely[/collapse]
I thought you might say that.

But I haven't seen the series.

I read the books.

And here's some spoilers for you. But they're big so if you don't want to know, then don't click! :D

Cersei gets imprisoned and writes to Jaime. Jaime has learnt over time that Cersei's a ***** and decides for once not to come to her rescue.

So i'm not so sure that once she realizes whether she'll welcome him back. >_>

That's why I think the way I do. :p

Anyway, I'll let marth mains argue this because I certainly can't. :p

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The problem is theres a noticeable difference between performing well in your region and performing well at nationals. Not to knock on one or the other, but atm with ZSS so far they dont perform as well at nationals as some of their Marth counterparts sans Salem for one national. Im not saying ZSS wont start doing better, in fact i think the odds are pretty good, but yall are counting chickens before they hatch.
I think ZSS has already started doing better tbh. Choco and Kame in Japan this weekend, Salem's placements at Winter Brawl 7 and Rescue 2, and so forth. I mean they aren't wins but they're 2nd, 3rd and 4th place in top regions, pretty good.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I thought you might say that.

But I haven't seen the series.

I read the books.

And here's some spoilers for you. But they're big so if you don't want to know, then don't click! :D

Cersei gets imprisoned and writes to Jaime. Jaime has learnt over time that Cersei's a ***** and decides for once not to come to her rescue.

So i'm not so sure that once she realizes whether she'll welcome him back. >_>

That's why I think the way I do. :p

Anyway, I'll let marth mains argue this because I certainly can't. :p
Don't worry about me, I've read all the books twice :p

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
IMO I would just give ZSS maybe another couple months/Nationals to see where shes at. They seemingly are doing much better though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I dunno, I think she's had enough time to prove she's better for the tier list (which apparently will be released in april sometime)... and I think she has. She's done well at Apex and since Apex.

She's just... top tier material in my eyes. Ahh well.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
>Implying that Kakera is not one of the best Brawl players in the world
>Implying that Kakera is inferior to Mr.R, Dojo and Zero
>Implying that Yui is not a fantastic player

What are you smoking?

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
A little off topic, but does Mr. R ever play as Link these days? I think I saw a couple money matches with his Link about a year ago, but that is all I have seen recently.

Tesh

Smash Hero
>Implying that Kakera is not one of the best Brawl players in the world
>Implying that Kakera is inferior to Mr.R, Dojo and Zero
>Implying that Yui is not a fantastic player

What are you smoking?
I didn't imply any of that. Beating mid tier characters generally doesn't count for much. You don't see anyone listing a win on Espy, Illmatic, Chudat, Kain etc. as a notable win for good results of a top tier character, despite all of those players being great.

Pretty sure Kakera is inferior to Zero... and definitely inferior to Otori. I was just pointing out that if Kakera is his best win, maybe Salem is still on a different level. Especially since I'm sure in Japan he has had the chance to fight Otori and probably lost.

Not trying to start another fight with the Dark Peaches of this thread, but Fox and Marth don't matter as much as MK. You can't really be considered a top player if you aren't taking out better top tier players (mostly mk).

Tesh

Smash Hero
How is it rude? He is notorious for getting butthurt any time someone mentions that Peach is bad and not relevant. I'm just pointing out once against that a top fox players =/= a top MK player. Kamemushi's win list from Gheb had 3 players and only 1 was "maybe" a top MK. Thats all I'm saying.

And hell maybe Dojo is better than Kakera. He surprised everyone getting top 12 at Apex, outplacing Rain, Kakera and Tyrant. And its like the only tournament he has been to since WHOBO 4 (mk banned).

Salem has more wins of higher quality than all the other ZSS combined right now. Only 1 other ZSS has a win on his level, and its Choco beating 9B then losing twice in a row.

Tesh

Smash Hero
aren't you misusing that word, considering all i did was just point out a bunch of RESULTS?

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I'm a bottom 5 ZSS, almost as bad as my idol PatG's DI.
^^^^ Truth

But can I ask you an honest question though? How did you lose so badly to 9B considering ESAM plays a DAMN good Ice Climbers? I figured you would be more versed in that match-up.

So basically what I am asking is, da fuq happened?

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
>Establishes that NR is a scrub
>Asks why NR loses to 9B

Man I was way off. This guy is by far the best troll on these boards
Well that is an honest question. I knew he was bad, but I had no idea he could get destroyed by a character he should logically have SO MUCH practice against. As good as 9B is with Ice Climbers, one would assume thar NR would at least have SOME idea of how to play the match-up.

And where else have I trolled on the boards? I feel like you aren't being serious, but in the slight chance you are where else have I shown "trollish" behavior?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I psyched myself out after being told I was going to play the best player in Japan an hour and a half before I played him.
I got nervous, ****ed up spacing, and was too nervous to stop playing like complete ass.
tl:dr johns

Sails

Smash Ace
All those people from NE are bad. The best one from that group is hinkage and you only beat him 1 wavedash (he pooped on you the next wavedash). The other wavedash you beat him was at an MK banned tourney. Sails is a FAIR diddy kong, all of his 2 wins on wavedash players have come with hours of studing videos of them. ( and he's still 1-8 with me and BC).
The "hours of studying" I did was the day before I beat you at that tournament, I watched our match the tournament prior twice. All I noticed was that you were easy to punish on landing with grabs and that if I roll behind you you'll spotdodge, that was it. I seriously watch like maybe 20 minutes worth of tournament footage every few weeks. I put near zero effort in to studying anything, I just sometimes notice what people fall for just like everyone else does. And the last time I seriously practiced this game outside of a tournament was over a year ago since I got a night job that completely conflicts with everyones schedules. I've played at Pelca's house since then approximately...three times? Zero on my own time. I haven't played on my own at my house in almost two years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom