• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
In case you guys have missed it...

You don't see anyone listing a win on Espy, Illmatic, Chudat, Kain etc. as a notable win for wavedash results of a top tier wavedash,
almost as wavedash a theorycrafter as his idol Bubba King.
Damn.
This guy's wavedash.
And the last wavedash I seriously practiced this game outside of a tournament was over a year ago since I got a night job that completely conflicts with everyones schedules.
It's so hard to read...

I hate you, April fools. @.@

Tesh

Smash Hero
god, I was trying to read something earlier and I thought "wavedash" was the name of a tournament or something

this is gonna be a good time ...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Is this seriously the april fool joke? Wow, what a lame half assed joke.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
So, putting aside how you think the tier list should look in v7, how do you think it will actually look?

I'm thinking:

MK
ICs, Olimar
Diddy, Snake

Falco, Marth, ZSS, Pikachu
Wario

Other losers

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
All I read was QQ, moar QQ, even more QQ, and some wavedashing.

Edit: With a sprinkle of QQ.

Edit 2: And actual sprinkles too. 8D
More like disappointment. The last 2+ years the jokes were actually good. This time its just... Not good. :/

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm sorry kid, but losing to Ryker and blindspot are unacceptable. That AL/GA tourney that gladiel got 4th at had like 3 good players. Getting 13th out of 30 is not that good, but good for :mariomelee:

:018:
I never played ryker & blindspot. I left the tourney after pools due to various reasons,
I would've advance much farder in that tourney if i were able to stay, kid.

I'm guessing you haven't played enough legit skilled marios....well maybe boss, famous & matador.

:pow:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I never played ryker & blindspot. I left the tourney after pools due to various reasons,
I would've advance much farder in that tourney if i were able to stay, kid.

I'm guessing you haven't played enough legit skilled marios....well maybe boss, famous & matador.

I've played...Boss, Famous, Sleek media, Matador, Kirin blaze, and Tc1. :mariomelee: sucks.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Damn we do decent at one tournament and we're godlike all of a sudden.

That's what I like to hear!!!
Lmao, I like that sarcasm you threw my way. I don't think i'm "godlike" at this game by any means.
I just think i can play with mario and make him look mid-tier at best.

@Seagull: You let me know when wolf win BIG tourneys, like apex or something like that.

I know mario can't win big tourneys on a national level, but can do ok-ish enough.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Damn we do decent at one tournament and we're godlike all of a sudden.

That's what I like to hear!!!
If making it out of pools at a non-stacked tourney=decent then I'm a top level player because I made it outta pools at the most stacked one.
Lmao, I like that sarcasm you threw my way. I don't think i'm "godlike" at this game by any means.

I like the optimism :).

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@Seagull: haha thanks?

I've been knew about how limited mario is and where he stands in his metagame.
I can care less what people think about mario saying "he sucks" and all.

The way i play with mario is very different & innovative from most.
I'm not trying to say i'm better then thoes guys you've just named. (which are good players)

by the sarcasms & insult jokes i've read so far, i'm looking forward to playing against
the top AL/GA players in tourney play and beating them w/mario to prove my talk.

I just loved being motivate by anyone who doubts me.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
LMAO

Brawl is bad in general. we can all agree to that, can we?

I guess i can stop trolling now. xD

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
It's a good game :3 and coolwhip you weren't trolling.
But. I. Was.....never mind. :/

I'm bad at melee/project m. I played PM once at a tourney, i will never play it again.

So back on the topic of this thread:

Now that we all witness my favorite player (salem) winning apex, how far can zss advance on the
tier list?

i'm thinking top 5 maybe..

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
How is Wolf bad? Sure he is not top tier or anything, but he is definitely a good character!

I don't get why characters that aren't at the top of high tier or higher are automatically labelled "bad". Why is that?

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
I would argue that the tier list is heavily oriented to a character's abilities in tournament. Wolf has great character attributes, but must also deal with some of the hardest match ups in the game in a tournament setting. (pikachu, DDD, etc.) This makes it dis-proportionally difficult for Wolf to perform well alone in a tournament setting.

This is common for alot of characters in Wolf's area on the tier list, thus they are "bad".

TL;DR : Wolf is bad. Sorry.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I don't know, I personally think that for a character to be considered bad their basic character design needs to have major flaws that stop the character from doing anything in most match-ups.

Opinions are fun!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I don'y know, I personally think that for a character to be considered bad their basic character design needs to have major flaws that stop the character from doing anything in most match-ups.

Opinions are fun!
No that's the requirement for a character to be horrible.

What Inle said is good reasoning for bad.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'd say the worst character that I wouldn't label as 'bad' is Lucario. He can realistically do well in a tournament cause even his worst MUs aren't terrible (all -1 imo) and you're gonna need to be one of the best at a tournament in order to 'do well' anyway, so that should allow help him to overcome all the 0s and -1s he's going to have to face in top tier. Obviously he's a lot less likely to do well in tournament than top tiers because he has no advantageous MUs against any of the top tiers (except Pikachu, but he's not that common anyway) but I think it's still realistic for him.

Wolf has to get through some very bad MUs. Pikachu and DDD are -3 each, the former being admittedly very uncommon and the latter being very common as secondary/pocket DDDs, and I hear Falco and Diddy are also pretty bad for Wolf. Somehow get past these and you still have to deal with nothing but 0s and -1s? Not too realistic for him to do well.

I don't know too much about Wolf, but taking a look at his bad MUs, I would guess that Wolf's major flaws are probably
-Weird combination of weight, natural fall speed and I-was-just-thrown animation during non-tumble knockback (allows Pikachu to CG him, DDD to ledge infinite?)
-Bad/mediocre-at-best ground game that is easily punished OoS? (Allows Pikachu and DDD to get the grab, allows Falco to beat him up close, allows Diddy to easily punish everything with bananas?

idk just speculating here. Also Wolf's lack of major strengths is what prevents him from beating top tiers who DO have major strengths

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'd say the worst character that I wouldn't label as 'bad' is Lucario. He can realistically do well in a tournament cause even his worst MUs aren't terrible (all -1 imo) and you're gonna need to be one of the best at a tournament in order to 'do well' anyway, so that should allow help him to overcome all the 0s and -1s he's going to have to face in top tier. Obviously he's a lot less likely to do well in tournament than top tiers because he has no advantageous MUs against any of the top tiers (except Pikachu, but he's not that common anyway) but I think it's still realistic for him.

Wolf has to get through some very bad MUs. Pikachu and DDD are -3 each, the former being admittedly very uncommon and the latter being very common as secondary/pocket DDDs, and I hear Falco and Diddy are also pretty bad for Wolf. Somehow get past these and you still have to deal with nothing but 0s and -1s? Not too realistic for him to do well.

I don't know too much about Wolf, but taking a look at his bad MUs, I would guess that Wolf's major flaws are probably
-Weird combination of weight, natural fall speed and I-was-just-thrown animation during non-tumble knockback (allows Pikachu to CG him, DDD to ledge infinite?)
-Bad/mediocre-at-best ground game that is easily punished OoS? (Allows Pikachu and DDD to get the grab, allows Falco to beat him up close, allows Diddy to easily punish everything with bananas?

idk just speculating here. Also Wolf's lack of major strengths is what prevents him from beating top tiers who DO have major strengths
:falcomelee: and :diddy: are 50-50 to 45-55 matchups. :dedede: is near unwinnable in my opinion. :pikachu2: is like 25-75.

Only thing that holds :wolf: back in tournament is being too average (Which you basically stated). He holds no overwhelming advantages over any characters that aren't LT or :sonic:. He's like a worse version of :marthmelee: except with two matchups that could potentially hold him back (I say potentially because it's rare to play :dedede:s or :pikachu2:s).

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
Thank you for the write-up Infinite, it helped me out quite a bit in seeing your point of view on calling characters "bad". Thanks!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

@Seagull: You let me know when wolf win BIG tourneys, like apex or something like that.

I know mario can't win big tourneys on a national level, but can do ok-ish enough.

I never even said :wolf: was good lmao. I've won tourneys. Kain has won big MW tourneys. :wolf: shouldn't win large-scale tourneys because he's MT. If he did perform that well at nationals then I'd think his current tier position was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom