• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
sfp you just got ****ing bodied in every way shape and form. holy **** i am dying right now :roll:
maharba pls

Anyway M2K has played and beat salem in tourney twice, has beaten nickriddle, and so forth

Also, Mr. R seconds ZSS and beats him almost? every time they play.

Otori has beaten japan's best zss and there's footage of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtzBy1x8ge4

Dojo isn't great vs ZSS but there are quite a few of them in Texas.

Mikeneko played the match-up perfectly and still got rocked.

I'm not sure where people are getting this "no zss exp" nonsense.

Haters gonna hate.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Dakpo and Shlike don't exist, and haven't really existed for some time. Above that, I don't think Dojo ever really played them.
:applejack:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Still, Dojo wasn't even his biggest problem in his bracket. M2K, Otori and Mikeneko were much scarier.

All of this scrutiny over ZSS' results is a little irritating, because had say, an Olimar placed first, no one would be giving him **** because he avoided facing DEHF, who is by all rights an "Olimar killer."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah. They'd be giving him something for the billion other reasons.
I mean, just look at some of the Facebook statuses involving Dabuz. :applejack:

zmx

Smash Lord
I don't get the "IC's didn't do well at Apex" mentality. 3 good Ice Climbers juuuuust outside of Top 8 is a better showing than most characters.

:phone:
It's not well for what were widely considered to be the second best character in the game on a conservative stagelist. Especially when all the best Icys in the world were present.

But as we saw with Anti vs 9b, the timeout strategy is just way too powerful against Icys.

Mikeneko played the match-up perfectly and still got rocked.
Not during the first two games. He caught on during the last 3 but during the final game he tripped no less than 3 times with one of them costing him a death. It was really lame, felt MN really could have had that.

I believe ICs are beaten by smart aggression instead of camping. Camping just gives them more time to land the grab and you barely get any chances to separate them and kill Nana.
Anti 2-0ed 9b with two timeouts. He took the lead and didn't approach at all. Your point is false. If arguably the best Icys in the world can't counter timeouts, it's clearly a viable strategy vs them.

Not saying agression can't also be effective.

All of this scrutiny over ZSS' results is a little irritating, because had say, an Olimar placed first, no one would be giving him **** because he avoided facing DEHF, who is by all rights an "Olimar killer."
Just fyi DEHF lost to Nietono last Apex and Dabuz this Apex. He can no longer be considered an Olimar slayer.

zmx

Smash Lord
He didn't play it perfect. I also wouldn't call game5 last hit rocked.
Not just game 5, but game 5 last hit (both in kill percent) despite 3 trips costing him immensely.

MN actually came the closest to beating Salem along with M2K in GF.

Nike.

Smash Hero
The trips were REALLY REALLY bad on the timing and did screw him over, but there's also a couple other things he could've improved on to take the set so I'm not stressing over it too much.

zmx

Smash Lord
Fair enough but all the same, having trips potentially decide such high stakes and close sets is really unacceptable. I really don't get why they haven't been patched out yet with all these other Brawl mods so rampant.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's not well for what were widely considered to be the second best character in the game on a conservative stagelist. Especially when all the best Icys in the world were present.

But as we saw with Anti vs 9b, the timeout strategy is just way too powerful against Icys.
^^^

Most important MK set wins over IC's have been camping. Just facts. The moments you see Nana get *****? Tend to come AFTER MK sits there for a good chunk of time and gets a good Nado or punish and then goes wild on her. That's not smart aggression: it's just smart lol.

However, the Apex stage list wasn't that conservative. Stages like Delfino might as well be a free win for MK, especially if there's no real rule against Sharking or being lame. Idk what was played on or who banned what, but I could see IC's getting lamed a few times in bracket because of that.

You also didn't have a 10 min timer or an air time limit (air time limit is dumb, but a few matches that went to time would have been decided against the staller for it)

Fair enough but all the same, having trips potentially decide such high stakes and close sets is really unacceptable. I really don't get why they haven't been patched out yet with all these other Brawl mods so rampant.
I have no idea what was going on, but I swear I saw more trips on the Apex Livestream than I've ever seen at a tournament, hands down not even close. I even saw it near decide, or arguably have a major impact, on quite a few games.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Also, Mr. R seconds ZSS and beats him almost? every time they play.
Did Salem beat Ramin? I didn't notice. Either way seconding zero suit doesn't mean anything really.

Otori has beaten japan's best zss and there's footage of it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtzBy1x8ge4
I think you're trying too hard. Japan has no high calibur Zero Suits like Salem.

isn't great vs ZSS but there are quite a few of them in Texas.
You just admitted Dojo isn't good against Zero Suit, don't know why you even bothered to mention how many of them are in Texas. He's played plenty of Zero Suits, so obviously experience isn't why he isn't good at the MU.

played the match-up perfectly and still got rocked.
Nice job switching around the objective facts to support your position.
I don't know what set you watched but Mikeneko wasn't even close to 'rocked'. Salem won G1 and 2 comfortably and Mikeneko won G3 and 4 comfortably. Last game was last hit, either of them could've won.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He just wants ZSS to skyrocket up the list and wag his finger telling us all we were wrong.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
YOu're already wrong. ZSS doesn't need to shoot up on the tier list, and I don't need to convince you for that to be true. ZSS is better than she is currently listed on the tier list, not by a lot, but definitely is.

I mean, what kind of argument is "but no zss is as good as salem" anyway? What difference does that even make? Does Otori have to attend hardcore training sessions with Salem every day for a month and lose again? There's no falco as good as DEHF, do we discount DEHF's wins or say they don't contribute towards Falco's record because until someone plays DEHF, they don't have any eperience?

Nope, the only character these boards consistently say anything like that about is ZSS.

So I mean, you're already wrong, it's just about when you're ready to admit it.

I mean, you could argue that talking about the tier list or where characters belong is petty and a pissing contest or whatever, but that's why you're all here. None of you are good, only a few of you are even better than I am. We're here to debate and everyone likes to be right.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Move her above Wario, that might be it lol. This passion for like, 1 spot that she might have gotten anyways with Wario sliding down.

Nike.

Smash Hero
She's deserving of top tier. Above Wario seems about right. Moving above Pikachu might be stretching it.

EDIT: Dangit Bobbie lol

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Tier list and MU chart are supposed to only matter at top level! Unless it's ZSS because she's not on the character select screen so she's deserving of getting the "exception" treatment

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nike you can't forget, I'm the Black American Dream.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
One win doesn't mean anything.

Consistency is what matters.

It's like Sonic winning MLG. When was the last time a sonic did ANYTHING?

I really don't know why he isn't back in low tier.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's not the tier list position that bothers me as much as it is the strange resistence people have to admitting characters might be good that aren't MK, Diddy, Falco, Snake, ICs, Olimar, and Marth. Any time another character does something impressive it is immediately written off.

When a guy says "Hey I think character might be better than you guys say" the first thing you say is "then go to tournaments and prove it." I dunno, I think winning a big international is about as much as anyone can do, but it's not enough. It's inexperience, lucky or easy bracket, or whatever, it's anything but "Oh yeah I might have been wrong, maybe x character is good." It's ZSS, so I admit I'm a tad bit irritated because I've been barking up this tree for years, and I don't think there's any shame in that given how I have argued that ZSS could win a big tourney for a while now, no one agreed, someone did it, and I'm apparently still wrong about it.

On the other hand, I've argued pretty passionately here for other characters I thought were underrated too. I've spent pages arguing over like, Fox and Ness before.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
All I'm saying is that ZSS is just another sonic. People will adapt. ZSS pulled a win this time, but can she manage it again? I'm thinking not.

It's just like Sonic, who for w/e reason hasn't been dropped back to low tier after the huuuuuge MLG hype from before. If we bump ZSS up to top tier, people are going to be hugely resistant to putting her back where she belongs if she simply never has results again.

Naridax

Smash Journeyman
Charlottesville, VA (UVA) / Virginia Beach, VA
First of all, what zmx said. (DEHF has been knocked out of losers by both Nietono and Dabuz.)

Second of all, Olimar has been more relevant for much longer than ZSS. Brood placed 2nd at APEX 2010, and Rich Brown, Logic, and Dabuz have been big name Olimars here. Nietono dominated Japan for how long? Almost always winning from 2010 to 2012 IIRC, until Rain memorized him. Even after Rain memorized Nietono, Brood started beating him!

So, why would anyone give Olimar as much scrutiny? He's been thought of as "good" by more people for a longer time.

If after several years where people begin to pay attention to ZSS and explore the match up and ZSS (Salem) is still dominating, more people may consider bumping up ZSS.

Maybe.

That would be more likely to happen if another ZSS showed up with similar results. But, right now, I don't see any. Snake had Ally and Razer. Diddy Kong had ADHD and Gnes. Falco had DEHF, SK92, and Rain. Olimar had Nietono, Brood, Rich Brown, and Dabuz.

Where are the other ZSS?

I mean, what kind of argument is "but no zss is as good as salem" anyway?
The same argument that's put down pikachu for not just one tournament placing but for years.

What difference does that even make? Does Otori have to attend hardcore training sessions with Salem every day for a month and win again?
It would make the notion that "ZSS should move up" more appealing. No. But Otori definitely could have known the match up better. It is certainly arguable that Kamemushi isn't a very good of practice in the match up. As I recall, many individuals on the ZSS boards found Kamemushi to be unimpressive.

There's no falco as good as DEHF, do we discount DEHF's wins or say they don't contribute towards Falco's record because until someone plays DEHF, they don't have any eperience?
Masha isn't too far behind. And arguably SLS when he played Falco seriously (although that's difficult to argue with what little results we have of him). But DEHF did state he thought SLS was the most impressive Falco. Rain and SK92 were also not too far behind DEHF during their primes.

No ZSS can hold a candle to Salem.

Nope, the only character these boards consistently say anything like that about is ZSS.
Pikachu. And others I'm sure.

Nike.

Smash Hero
All I'm saying is that ZSS is just another sonic. People will adapt. ZSS pulled a win this time, but can she manage it again? I'm thinking not.

It's just like Sonic, who for w/e reason hasn't been dropped back to low tier after the huuuuuge MLG hype from before. If we bump ZSS up to top tier, people are going to be hugely resistant to putting her back where she belongs if she simply never has results again.
Okay SFP, I can understand some of the frustration lol.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Have you seen my sig? it's a mod that went ignored by everyone.
It looks like people still want to complain about regular Brawl, and not even consider playing the (unofficial, but not bad in the very least) alternative

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love Balanced Brawl, and I don't see why it gets so ignored while Project M gets so much attention. BB is amazing.

@BowserTrain: Yes.
BBR, please.
Please.
PLEASE put Sonic back in low tier. PLEASE. :applejack:

zmx

Smash Lord
Well your idea is going a lot further. Balancing the game that way will make it not even seem like the same game anymore. Standardizing something that major is something the majority of the community will never agree on.

But all I'm proposing is at Apex or any National, they use simple patches that remove tripping from the game and keep everything else the same.

I can't see literally anyone being against this idea.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's not even about standarizing, but just play it.

Regular Brawl is obviously always being the standard because everything else is unofficial.

And saying "just to remove trips" is a bad thing.
Slowly, people would want more and more things to get changed, like the Third Jump Glitch, and why not? some dumb Chaingrabs or locks.

BBrawl just have a bar that will probably will never be moved now that Thinkaman and AmazingAmpharos aren't working on it anymore.

zmx

Smash Lord
No because removing tripping isn't anywhere near on par with any of the other things you mentioned. In all of those other situations, someone loses.

If you remove chaingrabs, Icy players lose out for instance and have every right to complain. And again you'll never to be able to convince the majority in NA, let alone Japan and Europe.

By removing tripping everyone wins and no one loses. Removing it doesn't favour any side, it just removes a terrible feature for competitive play and ensures in every single set, the better player truly won.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Slowly, people would want more and more things to get changed, like the Third Jump Glitch, and why not? some dumb Chaingrabs or locks.
I was about to disagree with this, and then I remembered my main

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Okay SFP, I can understand some of the frustration lol.
Right? Dude, every time ZSS does something impressive, the posters here are like "yeah, maybe if she can do it again, but we want consistency." Over the course of brawl's life good regions have always had a power ranked ZSS, many times at #1. ZSS has had several top 10 placements at nationals and regionals, and a win at the biggest, most stacked tournament in Brawl history. ZSS has impressive money taken in, and all while having one of the smallest player bases in the Smash community.

I guess I'm just not seeing the same lack of consistency everyone else is, I'm seeing a lot of good players who happen to also be my friends having their hard work ignored because there aren't many of them and they're fighting an uphill battle against impossible expectations.

zmx

Smash Lord
Anyway, people have been discussing ZSS so much, but what about Marth?

In a tourny where nearly all the best Falcos, Diddies, Snakes, Icys and Olimars were present, Marth outplaced all of them.

This has to be the strongest showing Marth has ever had. 5th and 7th place at the most stacked Brawl tourny ever while taking names such as ADHD, Esam, Ally, Dojo and CT Zero. That is pretty insane when you stop to think about it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Anyway, people have been discussing ZSS so much, but what about Marth?

In a tourny where nearly all the best Falcos, Diddies, Snakes, Icys and Olimars were present, Marth outplaced all of them.

This has to be the strongest showing Marth has ever had. 5th and 7th place at the most stacked Brawl tourny ever while taking names such as ADHD, Esam, Ally, Dojo and CT Zero. That is pretty insane when you stop to think about it.
lol. just... lol.

Maybe one day Marth will actually justify his tier position for the first time!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Let's wait another year and see if Marth can do it again before we get any crazy ideas like rearranging the tier list

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yeah man. I don't think Marth can achieve 7th place again, that's just too crazy. If he can, I wonder if the BBR will consider moving him up to 3rd best?

eshu125

Smash Apprentice
I like how everyone's saying "ZSS won Apex"

But there's no "Salem won Apex"

I think it definitely proves that she's stronger than everyone thought, but ffs give the man some credit, and not just his character or "people not experienced in the match-up".

Salem had never won a tournament before, and he'd never beaten mew2king before this tournament. Maybe he pulled out some tricks that no one was expecting, but from what I saw he was just incredibly unpredictable.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hey, no one's saying Salem isn't good, just like no one says M2K isn't good. But Salem probably couldn't have won APEX with his last main, Captain Falcon. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom