• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Also, based off of money performances from Ripple's thread, Wolf is ninth in cash bringers. He is ahead of every other mid tier and some high tiers lmao. I love the data.
Lol.

Considering the WC really doesn't report results outside of like Nationals, that thread is virtually useless.

FOW alone has probly won more money with Ness than a majority of characters.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Mars. That's like one character, so maybe Wofl drops to what, 10th?

Maybe Marth gets a boost and MK will get boosted more. Big freaking whoop.

And why the **** doesn't someone just report WC results. It really shouldn't be that difficult to just c/p for wherever the hell they put results and bam, done.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Considering the WC really doesn't report results outside of like Nationals, that thread is virtually useless.
We're still using a theoretically large amount of tournaments in our project. Even if it doesn't have quite as much coverage of the WC, the overall spread of results should show a very good estimate about what's what with each character.

Edit: Also, I think Zamus has more than earned her spot at the bottom of high tier. I don't really see her as better than any character above her, but she's definitely not mid-tier material.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sampling data shows a chunk of a national scene.

Because it isn't "universal" (so to speak) it isn't definitive for a tier list.

Like if that thread was to suddenly include Europe, Marth is pretty much the highest money earning character on that entire continent. Followed by the likes of Diddy Kong and THEN Meta Knight.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well, we're just trying to show "as much of the US as possible" in our data. If WC isn't reporting some of their data, how badly could the results be influenced?

And also, WC IS reporting at least some data, because I have FOW listed down on my list of winning Ness'.

Chuee

Smash Hero
WC doesn't report a lot on here.
I mean last weekend I saw a WC livestream with all of SoCals big names (mike, rich, larry, tyrant) and it wasn't reported on here. I think WC uses AiB for most of their non-national tournies.
edit: Oh and about Wolf being 9th on money bringing. Almost all of that is Kain winning IL locals which they have quite often.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Olimar is placed too high imo. I would like to see kirby above ice climbers @least but y know...
Oli is placed too low imo. I would NEVER like to see kirby above ice climbers @least but y know...

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why tier position matters. It's about who's better, not who you want to be better (main bias?).

And if for some reason you think Kirby truly is better than Olimar, why?

I did not understand why such a horribly designed character like snake could ever be any good. I was not using his tilts enough back then.

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
A small criticism of the tier list, just from observation (i'm a noob): It seems like Snake and Diddy (and mayybe Falco) and noticably better than Wario/Marth/IC's/Olimar (who imo should be in the same tier as them). So rather than bunch everyone from Snake to IC's in the one tier, when there is clearly a large gap between them, split them up? Idk, just an idea.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Completely agreed @ pikmin guy but atm I wouldn't put Falco in the same tier as Snake / Diddy. They just don't suffer from any match-up holding them back to the same extent as Pikachu does to Falco.

:059:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
A small criticism of the tier list, just from observation (i'm a noob): It seems like Snake and Diddy (and mayybe Falco) and noticably better than Wario/Marth/IC's/Olimar (who imo should be in the same tier as them). So rather than bunch everyone from Snake to IC's in the one tier, when there is clearly a large gap between them, split them up? Idk, just an idea.
I agree with this.

MK
Snake Diddy Falco
Marth Wario Ice Climbers Olimar
Pikachu DDD/Lucario GW/ZSS

imo

:052:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I've got a question for most of you people who debate in here

Most of you show emphasis on results effecting the tier lists....Uhhh

Falco only has one, arguably 2 players getting the results that could argue him being top 3 in the game, and even then they don't always place even top 5. So...how is he top 3 in the game if he doesn't net the results to back it up?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I strongly disagree with the positions of Link &Toon Link
Welcome to Smashboards, and I bet you do.

Go sit over there with Kirby A-Tier10293 over there.

You just can't come in here and say something and expect it to change, give evidence.

I don't usually do this but...

inb4computerandorfriendsasevidence

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got a question for most of you people who debate in here

Most of you show emphasis on results effecting the tier lists....Uhhh

Falco only has one, arguably 2 players getting the results that could argue him being top 3 in the game, and even then they don't always place even top 5. So...how is he top 3 in the game if he doesn't net the results to back it up?
falco isn't top 3 imo, especially with planking legal.
with an LGL he's 4-5, without he's not even top tier.

Metal Toon Link

Smash Rookie
the reasons i strongly disagree is because i think most of you dont know how to use them to their full potential therefore you rate them based on what you know. if you knew all of the possible things you can do with them i think you would agree with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom