• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
uhhhh

ESAM took 3rd at MLG dallas, Mikehaze took 9th
ESAM took 4th and Pound V, Mikehaze didn't attend
Esam took 8th at MLG columbus, Mikehaze took 25th
Esam took 4th at MLG DC, Mikehaze took 6th
Esam took 9th at MLG raleigh, Mikehaze took 25th

also keep in mind a lot of ESAM's money won from this isn't accounted for in Ripple/john#'s data. where Pikachu is still doing better when you consider the ammount of usage (marth has 3.2 % of money as opposed to pikachu's 2.2% but marth has more than twice as much usage). if you added in ESAM's 5000 dollars from MLG dallas... yeah.
Yeah, that's because minus pound 5 they all took place almost a year ago.
How about some more recent data.

Chuee

Smash Hero
@chuee- show me the results. where has he been even close to the national threat pikachu has except for one occaision? (and pika still outplaced him)
I already told you this.
It's not all about results.
It's moreso about who you beat and lose to.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah chuee.
Results are all that matter in this thread.

Until results don't agree with their opinion.

Steam

Smash Hero
I already told you this.
It's not all about results.
It's moreso about who you beat and lose to.
ugh really don't want to have to sift through all that... **** it. tagxy, you know who esam beat?

@spelt. all of those are less than a year old. I think all of them happened since the last tier list except columbus. they still matter. Pound V was recent lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
@spelt. all of those are less than a year old. I think all of them happened since the last tier list except columbus. they still matter. Pound V was recent lol
And coincidentally the most recent one is the one where mikehaze didn't even attend.
lol.

Steam

Smash Hero
And coincidentally the most recent one is the one where mikehaze didn't even attend.
lol.
so we go with what we have

at pound Esam beat Pierce, Malcom, Ally, and Razor

losing to anti and ally

I really don't want to look through all the others lol

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Steam you can look at any single national. Basically if you placed top 8 at a national youve beaten 2 or 3 national threats along the way. Malcom, UR, ally, mike, tyrant, etc etc etc.

Im not even sure why anyone is trying to put down or compare pikachus national success with anyone that isnt top 4 or olimar. No one else is close.
Nah chuee.
Results are all that matter in this thread.
Yeah, that's because minus pound 5 they all took place almost a year ago.
How about some more recent data.
:awesome:

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I don't understand why people have to think you can only win if your using a better character.

By that logic DEHF would never have won apex and only metaknights would win tournaments

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Steam Im pretty sure spelt is either trolling or painfully ignorant. You should just ignore him.

Chuee

Smash Hero
so we go with what we have

at pound Esam beat Pierce, Malcom, Ally, and Razor

losing to anti and ally

I really don't want to look through all the others lol
At columbus he lost to Nick (not sure) and Lee Martin
Raleigh he lost to idk
DC he lost to idk
Dallas he lost to Gnes and Tyrant

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't understand why people have to think you can only win if your using a better character.

By that logic DEHF would never have won apex and only metaknights would win tournaments
In this thread you're dealing with a bunch of people out of which about 75% probably don't even know what a tourney looks like.

:059:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
can't really say that about any marth user. at least not to even close to the same degree
No, you can't. I didn't say you could. Just saying, Pikachu isn't a national threat. ESAM is.

Nobody goes to a tournament thinking "GOD I HOPE I DON'T RUN INTO A PIKACHU".

Unless they main a spacey.

Steam

Smash Hero
No, you can't. I didn't say you could. Just saying, Pikachu isn't a national threat. ESAM is.

Nobody goes to a tournament thinking "GOD I HOPE I DON'T RUN INTO A PIKACHU".

Unless they main a spacey.
then marth isn't a national threat either. he only has one player that's even remotely close to a threat.

@chuee- how do you know? why can't pikachu be a better character?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Steam Im pretty sure spelt is either trolling or painfully ignorant. You should just ignore him.
I don't see how he's the ignorant one. People keep saying to stop looking at only results, but I don't see that being taken into consideration. It's not easy to argue with someone who has completely different measures.

:052:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Gheb, Steam, you're both putting words in my mouth.

I didn't say Marth was a national threat. Neither Pikachu nor Marth is a national threat, because if you remove their top player, the character has virtually nothing.

Also, PK kids fear Marth. They're not as important as Fox/Falco/Wolf, though, so I'll concede that point.

Chuee

Smash Hero
then marth isn't a national threat either. he only has one player that's even remotely close to a threat.
That sounds hilariously familiar.

@chuee- how do you know? why can't pikachu be a better character?
because Marth's MU's are better.
Marth has like.......3 MUs he loses, all only slight while Pika loses to like MK, Marth, Oli, Lucario, Diddy........

Steam

Smash Hero
I don't see how he's the ignorant one. People keep saying to stop looking at only results, but I don't see that being taken into consideration. It's not easy to argue with someone who has completely different measures.

we have concrete factual results. and matchups that are a result of opinions. hmmmm

@raziek- I'm justifying pikachu being above marth on the tier list lol

@chuee- matchups are all opinions. if marth keeps in losing them they must not be that good for him. also pikachu goes even with MK according to official ratios. and on the matchup chart just above every single disputed ratio mysteriously fell in favor of marth >.> lol. there are so many reasons we can't trust matchups.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
we have concrete factual results. and matchups that are a result of opinions. hmmmm

@raziek- I'm justifying pikachu being above marth on the tier list lol
So let's see here. Neither character is a national threat, because they have very little representation outside of an outlier player.

And Marth has better matchups.

Where exactly does "Pikachu > Marth" come in here?

If you mention ESAM, I'm going to laugh at you. Since we just went over that one player's results cannot accurate depict the potential and actual quality of the character. Skill is too directly attached, when only one player is considered.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

I think it is a failed attempt at saying, using a better character makes it easier to win the tournament, as opposed to using a worse character to try and win.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@Steam's edit:

ESAM was clamoring for the best matchup possible with EVERY character, and the MK's sandbagged half their matchups to look less broken. Many of MK's +1's should be +2's.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I saw this thread moving at a fast pace after the tier list thing. I expected a Fox vs. Wolf argument. Glad for one time it isn't.

Also stop the madness. Marth>Pika. It's not a huge gap though. I could see Pika 1-2 spot behind marth in the same tier. That "Result mean everything until it disagrees with their opinion" statement was so truthful.

Stop looking at results for one second and compare character traits.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Agreeing with Iblis on this one.

And Steam, for someone who doesn't seem to trust matchups, I seem to remember you trying to argue that Lucario had a better MK matchup than someone else. I forget who it was, but I like the double standard.

Edit: I think it was during the Pit debacle.

Steam

Smash Hero
So let's see here. Neither character is a national threat, because they have very little representation outside of an outlier player.

And Marth has better matchups.

Where exactly does "Pikachu > Marth" come in here?

If you mention ESAM, I'm going to laugh at you. Since we just went over that one player's results cannot accurate depict the potential and actual quality of the character. Skill is too directly attached, when only one player is considered.
I never agreed to that lol. if we take away DEHF... falco.... really doesn't show up at all.

Marth's best player has broken top 8 once in like the last year. Pika's best does it almost every time.

@raziek- maybe ESAM was on to something? maybe pikachu's matchups ARE that good? and I'm fully aware of MK sandbagging their matchups. It's all part of my point of why they can't be trusted.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Match-ups are a lot about opinion, but there are definitely objective reasoning behind them. Match-ups aren't 100% subjective :/.

Results also don't fully represent who is better, and which character is better. Luck in the form of brackets is a factor. Pika might avoid all the lucarios and olis in bracket, or he might vs people who have never played pikachu before.

Both have their flaws, so to say one is a better criteria is ridiculous.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Mmm, there's also that. Marth has no real hard disadvantages besides MK. Minor loss to Diddy and Dedede.

Certainly one of the cast's safer match-up spreads. Marth doesn't have to worry about pocket counters.
This.

If marth had something even close to the potential of worst that a soft counter I would've CPed it long ago

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I never agreed to that lol. if we take away DEHF... falco.... really doesn't show up at all.

Marth's best player has broken top 8 once in like the last year. Pika's best does it almost every time.
Hey, that's why we consider more than just results with Falco's rank, right?

We consider both matchups and results. ESAM is a better player than Mike. That doesn't make Pikachu better than Marth.

Tagxy

Smash Lord

Thats not what I meant. Im perfectly fine with not relying solely on results, and I understand one player might be better than another. Most of my time has been arguing against those trying to downplay or compare pikachus results with those who arent top 4 or olimar.

But lets take a look at what spelts statements

>spelt says pikachu and marths results are similar
>steam produces pikachus better results
>spelt unsuccessfully argues they look about the same...
>spelt tries to argue the results are too old...as if nationals happen every 2 months
>steam points out pound, and spelt shoots it down because mike wasnt there
>spelt implies that if you place at a national you havent beaten some of the nations best players
>spelt states the results dont support steams argument.

Steam

Smash Hero
Hey, that's why we consider more than just results with Falco's rank, right?

We consider both matchups and results. ESAM is a better player than Mike. That doesn't make Pikachu better than Marth.
why is marth better than pikachu then? all we have is possibly corrupt matchup opinions.

Chuee

Smash Hero
@chuee- matchups are all opinions. if marth keeps in losing them they must not be that good for him. also pikachu goes even with MK according to official ratios. and on the matchup chart just above every single disputed ratio mysteriously fell in favor of marth >.> lol. there are so many reasons we can't trust matchups.
Marth keeps losing them?
Mike beats most MKs he fights, only loses I can recall are Tyrant, Lee, and M2K.
He loses to Diddy, but Diddy isn't one of his better MUs.
D3? Kadaj beat Atomsk's D3 1 game.
Mike usually only loses in MUs he isn't that good in (Pika, ZSS, Sonic, Peach, etc). In the MUs he knows he usually has a good record against top players with those characters.
tl;dr Mike knows 4 MUs.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL are you serious?
Steam was arguing about results, I presented a counterargument ... about results because that's what the current topic was about.
If you want to argue about potential or MUs i'd be happy to do that too!
Herp Derp.

And i'm the one that's ignorant. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom