• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
... And it's still the same.

Plus Marth still has better results than pikachu in general.

Steam

Smash Hero
... And it's still the same.

Plus Marth still has better results than pikachu in general.
uhhhh

ESAM took 3rd at MLG dallas, Mikehaze took 9th
ESAM took 4th and Pound V, Mikehaze didn't attend
Esam took 8th at MLG columbus, Mikehaze took 25th
Esam took 4th at MLG DC, Mikehaze took 6th
Esam took 9th at MLG raleigh, Mikehaze took 25th

also keep in mind a lot of ESAM's money won from this isn't accounted for in Ripple/john#'s data. where Pikachu is still doing better when you consider the ammount of usage (marth has 3.2 % of money as opposed to pikachu's 2.2% but marth has more than twice as much usage). if you added in ESAM's 5000 dollars from MLG dallas... yeah.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Raziek has the best idea imo. The order would need to be determined but I think thats the most obvious tier placements.

Speaking purely from results, Mike is amazing but he hasnt done nearly as much as ESAM. Making such claims means youre not knowledgeable on either character apparently. Also take away mike and you take away the history of marths success. The same is not true for pika. Pikachu has forever placed better than marth where it counts with multiple users.

Steam

Smash Hero
also a lot of marth's money in that thread comes from ally's secondary marth at whobo... lol

if you included all of this money from nationals ESAM's Pikachu would be lightyears ahead of marth with half the usage...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd like to point at Neo, as well the many Marth/MK mainers including Zex and Havok.

All Pikachu has really had besides ESAM is Anther. And KPrime, I suppose.

I mean, come on. There's a problem with representation when NOVA SCOTIA has the 2nd best Pikachu.
No, really, ESAM said so.

I'm really not joking.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Mmm, there's also that. Marth has no real hard disadvantages besides MK. Minor loss to Diddy and Dedede.

Certainly one of the cast's safer match-up spreads. Marth doesn't have to worry about pocket counters.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Excluding mike no other Marth including NEO, zex, and havok (with marth at least) has done as well as pikapika or anther at the national level. But again this is results only.

Also syko isnt the second best pikachu >.> He is really good though.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
It is exactly as I said Chuee.
Community tends to exaggerate things.

Marth is a very solid character. No major advantages, no major weakneses.
On the other hand, Pikachu is more extreme in his play. He has some bad matchups he does not want to face, and good matchups he ***** in.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Excluding mike no other Marth including NEO, zex, and havok (with marth at least) has done as well as pikapika or anther at the national level.

Also syko isnt the second best pikachu >.> He is really good though.
Neo used to destroy people in his prime.

Steam

Smash Hero
Nah, the US should come to us. We're still up 1-0.
ally is canadian.

@chuee- there is a difference between one tourney and getting outplaced at every single event. Matchups are way too subjective to be used... besides if marth is placing so bad his matchups must be worse than they currently are... lol

and if sonic continues to place extremely well while wario is **** then you could conclude that sonic is better lol.

@chuee- keyword(s): Used to

Chuee

Smash Hero
ally is canadian.

@chuee- there is a difference between one tourney and getting outplaced at every single event. Matchups are way too subjective to be used... besides if marth is placing so bad his matchups must be worse than they currently are... lol

and if sonic continues to place extremely well while wario is **** then you could conclude that sonic is better lol.

@chuee- keyword(s): Used to
or maybe
MAYBE ESAM is the better player.
Also @ used to.
He said Anther and Pikapika.
Anther doesn't even play anymore.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Quote time

aim said:
raziek (7:49:10 pm):yo dawg, i herd you like pikachu
raziek (7:49:11 pm):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scsdltadgfu&feature=feedu
raziek (7:49:28 pm):
part of a set between lamb and i
raziek (7:49:32 pm):
it was winner'
raziek (7:49:44 pm):
s finals, but he had to leave, so it ends with him up 2-1
esam (8:18:52 pm):yo, he is probably 2nd best pika, at least in north america
esam (8:24:44 pm):i never see vids of z
esam (8:24:49 pm):pikapika is good, probably on the same level
esam (8:24:52 pm):he doesn't play much anymore though
esam (8:24:59 pm):lamb is consistently impressing me as of late

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
NEO needs to come back to show that marth ****
Like he used to **** people in the past? Oh wait, that never actually happened in tourney more than once or twice. If any "retired" Marth player could show "that marth ****" then I'd expect it to be Roy_R before Neo.

Does beating Orion, who is a US player (now in Europe) and is good, count? xD
No, it doesn't. Orion is only considered an american MK player if he places well / top 3. If he places below that he magically becomes a european MK player and it doesn't count anymore because EU MK players aren't good and he's one of them. Only if he does well he's a true american!

:059:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
His wasn't funny in the slightest and it makes my head hurt.
Results are results, you cannot rely entirely upon them ebcase, herp a derp, results are created from many, many variables that cannot be measured nor controlled.

Results are only an aid, they don't dictate things and should never dictate tier.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I dont deny he said it, just that hes not correct, lol. He doesnt pay enough attention to all the players. Although everyones entitled to their opinion.

On the other hand, Pikachu is more extreme in his play. He has some bad matchups he does not want to face, and good matchups he ***** in.
Not correct. What MUs are you thinking of?

Steam

Smash Hero
His wasn't funny in the slightest and it makes my head hurt.
Results are results, you cannot rely entirely upon them ebcase, herp a derp, results are created from many, many variables that cannot be measured nor controlled.

Results are only an aid, they don't dictate things and should never dictate tier.
but opinions should. okay.

@chuee- mikehaze is the the pinnacle of marth, ESAM is the pinnacle of pika. maybe marth doesn't win that matchup by as much or at all? or maybe Mikehaze would have won that set 7 out of 10 times. one set doesn't mean a player is better lol.

Steam

Smash Hero
To be honest, I can't see why Pikachu couldn't be better than Marth. *shrugs*

because marth has fair and as a result wins 3/4 of his matchups 6:4

@chuee- show me the results. where has he been even close to the national threat pikachu has except for one occaision? (and pika still outplaced him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom