• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
peach isnt better than ROB lol. maybe she is "better" than ROB in that the character is actually better, but, she is too difficult to play for her to be above ROB on a tier list 8]
That makes no sense.

The tier list is based off of the character's potential and results. Why do you think Fox and Ike both jumped up so high last time?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the tier list is based off whatever u want to base it off of.

u know what the tier list is? an organized representation of each member of the BBR's opinion on the ranking of the chars in this game. they can use whatever criteria they want. any attempts to 'standardize' it will just end in failure.

and what I said makes sense to me, if theres something about it u dont understand in particular, let me know so I can try and explain it a bit more.

Chuee

Smash Hero
TKD has no medal recent in about 8 months...Trevonte has 1 2nd place and 1 3rd place medal in all of 2011 (Doubles doesn't count towards a tier list and nor does Brawl-). I too have a 2nd place and a 3rd place tournament placing in 2011. I want mah medals.
Well lets see.
Past 8 months. He won a tourney in October with all of Socal and Atomsk and Lee Martin (he used marth and MK vs Atomsk), don't remember what he got at Winterfest.
He got 5th at one of Mikehaze's tournies, and he recently won a small tourney with Tyrant and Tearbear.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Also, Pika is NOT A tier material Imo. Top of B is appropriate.
Pikachu has the best matchup spread against the 4 best characters in the game (that arent those 4 characters). Even if he doesnt move up any spots, he should be A tier and is much better than those below him.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
My next-to-kin needs to get on aim so I could talk to him and his tourney activity, but I know he has done something in the past 8 months because he has told me lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually that's debatable. IC's also have a really good MU spread with the top 4 depending on who you ask. Marth could also fill that depending on how bad you think his MU with MK is.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That makes no sense.

The tier list is based off of the character's potential and results.
In Theory: Everytime ICs grab someone, they lose a stock.

In Reality: Kid Goggles vs Hylian (a top ICs).

I think this is what Stingers is referring to.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No one has gotten anywhere near a solid level with that character unfortunately. The big thing is walking at people: too many times I see IC players dashing or running and it sets them up for failure.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Lets get off topic with A poorly thought out tierlist, that was thought of right off the bat.

S::metaknight: (+0)
A: :diddy:(+1) :snake:(-1) :falco: (+0) :warioc:(+0) :olimar:(+2) :marth:(-1) :popo:(-1)
B: :pikachu2:(+0) :dedede:(+0) :lucario:(+1) :zerosuitsamus:(+1) :gw:(-2) :toonlink:(+0)
C: :fox:(+1) :rob:(+1) :peach:(+2) :kirby2:(-3) :pit:(-1) :dk2:(+0)
D: :sonic:(+2) :wolf:(+1) :luigi2:(-2) :ike:(+1) :yoshi2:(+3) :sheilda:(-1) :sheik:(+0) :ness2:(+0)
E: :pt:(-1) :lucas:(+0) :mario2:(+0) :bowser2:(+0) :falcon:(+0)
F: :samus2:(+0) :jigglypuff:(+0) :link2:(+0) :zelda:(+0)
Ganon: :ganondorf:(+0)

I don't care if the numbers for a character rising/Being lowered are wrong, Let the debating begin.

A rather poor tier list.

Why is Toon Link in the high leagues? He is great where he is currently placed. Fox is good.

:olimar: above :marth: ?!? :O

Snake and Diddy should be tied.

C.Falcon should stay F. Bowser should go to F.

Link (PLEASE!!!!) cannot stay 3rd from last. Increase him to E. (Samus should be bottom E or lead F).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
link is definitely better than jiggs samus and falcon lol. prolly not the rest. i'd say they're all in F tier though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No love for Pokémon Trainer. :(

Is he really more comparable to Lucas and Mario than Sheik and Ness?

Steam

Smash Hero
move wario down one
move ddd down one
move g&w up one

other than that, good
would be so wierd with D3 under lucario... luc mains really not used to losing to characters below him on the tier list XD much less losing badly.

Tesh

Smash Hero
No love for Pokémon Trainer. :(

Is he really more comparable to Lucas and Mario than Sheik and Ness?
Sorry, PT is bad. No one else ever gets anything else done with him for a reason. If Ally solo mained Falcon, Falcon would have similar or likely better results than PT, but Falcon would still be Low Tier.

imho

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sorry, PT is bad. No one else ever gets anything else done with him for a reason. If Ally solo mained Falcon, Falcon would have similar or likely better results than PT, but Falcon would still be Low Tier.

imho
If Ally solo mained Falcon, that wouldn't necessarily make him a good character, and the same goes for myself and Pokémon Trainer.

But, Pokémon Trainer is totally mid tier.

Judo777

Smash Master
The best argument i have heard or PT being low tier is that squirtle is the only good character of the three and squirtle tires out faster cause he does more moves. People have a;ways told me to try and time squirtle out and it seems logical.

But Reflex knows best if he says hes midtier i gotta take his word at it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Squirtle is a light weight with a bad recovery, grab release issues and after like 1 minute of fighting he can't kill you. Squirtle alone "might" have been high tier or upper mid tier, but in campy game like Brawl, being punished super hard for attempting to camp kind of ruins you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm not suggesting that Pokémon Trainer is some great competitive force, but, flaws and all, I am sure that the character is head-and-shoulders above all of the characters in E Tier, with the exception of Yoshi, who I feel is probably at least on par with PT. The character isn't particularly limited, despite some crippling issues that prevent the character from being legitimately good.

Squirtle is a light weight with a bad recovery, grab release issues and after like 1 minute of fighting he can't kill you. Squirtle alone "might" have been high tier or upper mid tier, but in campy game like Brawl, being punished super hard for attempting to camp kind of ruins you.
Virtually everyone in this game has a fine recovery. Squirtle's excellent mid-air jump, quick aerials, and nice horizontal aerial mobility all make it difficult for most characters to edgeguard him easily (with King Dedede being a notable exception). Outside of Marth, Squirtle doesn't have any unique grab-release issues with the good characters, and being weaker doesn't mean that Squirtle's ability to run away is hampered (which is only applicable when Squirtle has the lead, anyway).

Of course, we separate tiers because some characters are better than others, not to make for a balanced Low Tier metagame. That said, people should host Mid Tier side tournaments. That'd be a lot more fun than Low Tier ones. :p

Tesh

Smash Hero
Worst recovery of any lightweight imo. Other characters with similarly vulnerable recoveries can, at times, trade damage for survival, but Squirtle is like 2nd lightest in the game.

As for camping, yea his movement is still stellar when fatigued, but with less damage (and thus less priority?) its alot harder to hold a lead and stay a threat to your opponent. Less hitstun on things like ftilt, jab combos (doesn't even work properly anymore once fatigued?) and all of your kill moves being much weaker, its a tough spot to be in.

Weighing that against being "pretty good" for 70ish seconds and it doesn't look so great. Especially when you factor in the other 2 that would be solidly low tier without question.

EDit- mid tier is more fun than low tier, and I do agree that PT puts some major hurt on most of low tier, despite that i feel pt is low tier overall.

V

Smash Ace
I have a really hard time believing marth is worse than olimar and I think its debatable that he's better than wario.

My A tier:

Snake, Diddy, Falco, Marth, Wario, Olimar, ICs

V

Smash Ace
There's no way he's b tier material. Bottom a tier at the absolute worst but he's still better than ICs and olimar. I think lucario is better than D3 also. And sonic should go up a little.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i am so frakin confused right now

i should leave this job for someone else

V

Smash Ace
My A tier:

Diddy, Meta Knight, Marth, Falco, Pikachu, Olimar, Dedede, Wario, Snake, Ice Climbers.
First off mk will always be the best character in this game. I think diddy could pass for 2nd best but snake's weight, damage output, and killing power are hard to surpass. Ok I love marth but he's not better than snake or falco and its debatable if he's better than wario. One tier list back they acknowledged he was but then they changed it back. Dedede belongs nowhere in this tier nor does pikachu. Pikachu is just fine at the top of b tier. Snake #9? Really? Like... really? His tournament results alone put him much higher than that let alone his character traits. His utilt is the best kill move in the game. And the ICs below pikachu, olimar, and D3? If they land a grab they get 30ish % on average. The ICs take a stock. When 3 punishes = a match that just can't be lower than D3's grab and bair.

S tier: Meta Knight
A tier: Snake/Diddy, Falco, Marth/Wario, Olimar, ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom