• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
On-topic: Is DK doing anything?

Off-topic: CN got bad soon as they cut toonami (also Mugoozi, how ever you spell it had code lyoko). >.>

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah, niddo.
nobody cares about arguing with you.
comparable to eating barbed wire with poison tipped spikes.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Did Espy just call Ben 10 a quality show???? Like really??? Show is mad trash.

That Clone Wars show is actually picking up as each season moves along, they have some pretty interesting story arcs.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
On-topic: Is DK doing anything?
lol?

1: Ally==:metaknight:/:snake:/:marth:
2: Razer==:snake:
3: Dojo==:metaknight:
4: ADHD==:diddy:
5: Vinnie==:gw:/:popo:
5: Atomsk==:metaknight:
7: Shugo==:falco:/:metaknight:
7: Will==:dk2: <----------------------
9: Inui==:metaknight:
9: Logic==:olimar:
9: Tyrant==:metaknight:
9: Trela==:lucario:
13: Mvd==:snake:
13: Smoom==:popo:
13: RedHalberd==:metaknight:
13: Illmatic==:peach:
17: Esam==:pikachu2:
17: Domo==:metaknight:
17: Poltergust==:yoshi2:
17: Mr. Doom==:ike:
17: Gnes==:diddy:
17: Espy==:sonic:
17: RichBrown==:olimar:
17: Zeton==:fox:

Out of all those good players you have a DK getting 7th. No matter how the brackets turned out, you have DK still winning against one or two prominent players to get that far.

From now on, whenever I play DK and try for a DK punch. I will shout "WILLIAM!" as they did in a knight's tale. It will totally mess up the psyche of my opponent allowing the punch to land.

Now, back to more schoolwork.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wolf, Sonic and Ike all need to move up above Luigi. Sheldar should be right above Sheik.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7MdnJFSxA

theres no way you can possibly tell me this was a bad show. get out of here.
That was pretty awful.

Did Espy just call Ben 10 a quality show???? Like really??? Show is mad trash.
Really? I just said it wasn't "pretty bad".
Learn to read.

=====

Is there any other instances of Donkey Kong aside from Will's performance at WHOBO3 though?
Also, I feel as though Yoshi needs to break out of low tier already.

z00ted

I could feel right about switching ROB into D tier, but not Donkey Kong, Pit, or Peach.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight? :D
The same thing we do everynight, pinky
YES!

On topic, I think its awsome that Will did so well. It inspires me to play the great ape a bit more. I don't think it will effect his spot on the list though. DeDeDe is still WAY too much of a threat to help him up the ladder, even though it seems like he would be around bottom of high tier without that match-up looming imo.

Edit: R.O.B. does NOT belong in D tier. XD He has great tools, he is just awkward to use and REALLY technical at the higher levels of play.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ike is better than Luigi. He doesn't have to get super super close to do damage.

Why did you put a character between Sheik and Sheldar? Zelda is barely useful for anything. She isn't worth enough to push the team above Ness imo.

z00ted

Look at the current tier list.

If Shiek is able to switch to Zelda while her opponent is at higher kill percentages - the character will be able to win more frequently.

The cost I guess would be how terrible Zelda is and how susceptible she is at getting hit or not having any "get off me" moves.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Next Tier List Mid Tier

C :toonlink: :fox: :kirby2: :peach: :pit: :dk2: :rob:
D : :sonic: :wolf: :ike: :luigi2: :sheilda: :ness2: :sheik: :pt:
Based on recent results and matchups, I don't see why Wolf couldn't possibly move as far as being under Toon Link in C tier. Peach belongs in D tier. Sonic needs to stay in D tier. Pit can move down too.

z00ted

omfg loool where do I start

you are being a bit too biased with Wolf, and other character involving his uprising on the tier list.

Although I agree with him moving up, he does not yet deserve a boost that high.

edit: damn, i'm about to make the WHOLE tier list.

D

Deleted member

Wolf's boost is definitely warranted, as compared to other characters in mid tier.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why would Wolf move up that much based on results if Sonic stays in D tier DESPITE results?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol no.
wolf deserves a boost, but a whole tier?
that would be a higher rise than most people think sonic deserves, while sonic has placed in the money at nationals.
come on now....

BSP

Smash Legend
Maybe

But what has wolf done that Sonic hasn't to boost him to C, and keep Sonic in D?

z00ted

lol no.
wolf deserves a boost, but a whole tier?
that would be a higher rise than most people think sonic deserves, while sonic has placed in the money at nationals.
come on now....
thissssssssss

D

Deleted member

Not saying Sonic should even stay in D, either. I think he deserves a rise.

DK? Pit? Why should they stay in C?

z00ted

because they are both better than Sonic and Wolf? Don't look at solely tournament results - also take into consideration the mechanics of the character and what obvious flaws they have.

Sonic could be in C Tier with ROB In D tier though.

BSP

Smash Legend
That being said, I couldn't see ROB in D. Do D and C have to stay balanced to each other? We've got characters that've proven themselves up, and others that don't seem bad enough to drop down.

And IDK about that with Pit.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
DK? Pit? Why should they stay in C?
lol?

1: Ally==:metaknight:/:snake:/:marth:
2: Razer==:snake:
3: Dojo==:metaknight:
4: ADHD==:diddy:
5: Vinnie==:gw:/:popo:
5: Atomsk==:metaknight:
7: Shugo==:falco:/:metaknight:
7: Will==:dk2: <----------------------
9: Inui==:metaknight:
9: Logic==:olimar:
9: Tyrant==:metaknight:
9: Trela==:lucario:
13: Mvd==:snake:
13: Smoom==:popo:
13: RedHalberd==:metaknight:
13: Illmatic==:peach:
17: Esam==:pikachu2:
17: Domo==:metaknight:
17: Poltergust==:yoshi2:
17: Mr. Doom==:ike:
17: Gnes==:diddy:
17: Espy==:sonic:
17: RichBrown==:olimar:
17: Zeton==:fox:
lol.
pit however is debatable imo.
dk is fine where he is.
rob could fall into d tier.
wolf doesn't fit anywhere near the top of c tier.
both sonic and wolf should be low/mid c tier.
most likely low imo.
also wolf is not better than peach.

because they are both better than Sonic and Wolf? Don't look at solely tournament results - also take into consideration the mechanics of the character and what obvious flaws they have.
also this.
people lately have started to worship results like they're the only thing showing character potential.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ill
problem with these so called obvious faults, is that when you see the best people play those characters, those faults really arent so obvious anymore.

also, sonic should be above wolf, based on the earlier logic of wolf hasnt done anythign sonic hasnt done, and probably done better.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Honestly Wolf does seem like a better character than Sonic overall. Not sure how his rougher matchups cripple him though. 2 high tier characters have easy infinites on him. Wolf's results are less impressive than Sonic's as well.

Pit doesn't seem that good to me. He is floaty, but his aerials are slow, laggy and with alot of blind spots. In a scene with universal LGLs, he could easily slip into D tier.

z00ted

@ill
problem with these so called obvious faults, is that when you see the best people play those characters, those faults really arent so obvious anymore.
True. But maybe we haven't had that one "groundbreaking" ROB yet, or even that Pit. We haven't had our Espy for Sonic or Polt for Yoshi in these two characters - doesn't mean they should drop a whole tier.

Honestly Wolf does seem like a better character than Sonic overall. Not sure how his rougher matchups cripple him though. 2 high tier characters have easy infinites on him. Wolf's results are less impressive than Sonic's as well.

Pit doesn't seem that good to me. He is floaty, but his aerials are slow, laggy and with alot of blind spots. In a scene with universal LGLs, he could easily slip into D tier.

Tesh brings up a good point. With a universal LGL would Pit or ROB even stay in C tier?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Illmatc, we don't really know how effective all those tools are without a breakthrough main for that character. Sonic used to be bottom tier before he had his breakthrough mains. There wasn't much reason to move him up without any proof of what he could do. Lets also not forget that some character DID have breakthrough mains and STILL belong in D tier regardless (Luigi, ROB, PT, Ness).

z00ted

no ROB or Pit really effectively abuses LGLs in America.

krystedez where you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom