• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! :) I never liked confliction anyway.

As such from what you said, it makes me think this game can be made into whatever you want it to be. You just have to set your goals for how you want to enjoy the game. Do you really want to win money? I guess you do whatever it takes to win which might mean using MK or trying to add rules to make it better for you. Do you want to have fun instead? Go with the flow and play how you want to play not caring about what might happen against you in tournament.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yay! :) I never liked confliction anyway.

As such from what you said, it makes me think this game can be made into whatever you want it to be. You just have to set your goals for how you want to enjoy the game. Do you really want to win money? I guess you do whatever it takes to win which might mean using MK or trying to add rules to make it better for you. Do you want to have fun instead? Go with the flow and play how you want to play not caring about what might happen against you in tournament.
You can't add rules to make it better for you if you want to have fun instead?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey, DMG, you know a lot about ledges. I'm wondering if you know whether or not someone keeps their invincibility from a ledge grab in a situation like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g5GIFLQNQw&t=1m14s
I am almost positive he does not. In similar situations (Green Greens for example. Pick Dedede, clear all the blocks on 1 side. Now, try to grab the inner edge, and it will be interrupted by the side of the stage and he will be standing), you do not retain invincibility. A quick check for any scenario would be to see if they are still flashing after the edge grab.

But yeah in that spot, no TKD did not have invincibility after it was interrupted. He obtained invincibility from grabbing the edge, but immediately lost it. Whether you lose it as soon as you touch the ground, or over the course of landing lag, Idk. But that's what I think happened.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
t0mmy has beaten felix in the past (like the weekend right after he got 3rd (?) at MLG Raleigh) so that doesn't even mean anything...

North Carolina has way more good people then that but w/e...Seagull is MD/VA btw

and Colorado has a very active scene and I'm pretty sure that members of the CO smash scene have beaten X before...so yeah.

tldr...stop hating and go win a tournament in your own region for once instead of trolling smashboards threads
I'm pretty sure Colorado has never beat X.

Utah went there about a year ago and one of our unranked guys got top 5.

But congrats to all of the ROB players.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We should do some state wars or something. Utah vs. Colorado would be cool. Or Nevada. Or even Arizona.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Texas, NJ, and Cali vs the World

Oh and that trio includes Ally M2K Lee Reflex TKD Ivan Ooze and the Soul of Ol Dirty *******

Nestec

Smash Ace
*glowers*

Nestec...
You make me sad. :(

Re-read what I said.
Lol ok, I think I understand now.

Is this what you're arguing?: If players want to enforce "scrubby" rules to put a restriction on anything deemed anti-competitive, then they may as well ban MK altogether. In other words, either ban MK or don't enforce any "scrubby" rules.

Is that what you were getting at? I suddenly get the feeling you weren't advocating an MK ban...lol

:green:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Colorado is much much better than a year ago though... I will say that.

We're not all free anymore or anything.
Utah isn't that bad either, we're just really small in numbers. And I mean, not even 20 active smashers small.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Colorado is much much better than a year ago though... I will say that.

We're not all free anymore or anything.
Son lets get it popping at a tournament! We went up there how come you guys haven't returned the favor????
Texas, NJ, and Cali vs the World

Oh and that trio includes Ally M2K Lee Reflex TKD Ivan Ooze and the Soul of Ol Dirty *******
Oh so your gonna give us FL? coolio.

ODB may he rest in peace amen.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Son lets get it popping at a tournament! We went up there how come you guys haven't returned the favor????
This. Give us a date you guys can come and I'll set something up.

@above post: Bring NM as well, infact, ALSO bring AZ and it'll be all four corners.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
We can't. NM has 4 Brawl players, none of which have a car. I tried really hard to go to Zournament (CO tourney) on saturday :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have an excel doc that records all of our tournaments, and we only have 16 actives according to it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am almost positive he does not. In similar situations (Green Greens for example. Pick Dedede, clear all the blocks on 1 side. Now, try to grab the inner edge, and it will be interrupted by the side of the stage and he will be standing), you do not retain invincibility. A quick check for any scenario would be to see if they are still flashing after the edge grab.

But yeah in that spot, no TKD did not have invincibility after it was interrupted. He obtained invincibility from grabbing the edge, but immediately lost it. Whether you lose it as soon as you touch the ground, or over the course of landing lag, Idk. But that's what I think happened.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. :D This is nice to know.

Steam

Smash Hero
you never inform us. I also never remember Utah comming to stuff other than X at supercon. though I didn't start offline til january '10

And we might send people to genesis. maybe we could have a four corners showdown there or something.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Oh, so Rob won in Washington where Felix couldn't enter
Felix came late and couldn't enter because it was a complete 32-man bracket without any byes to fill... also, it was pretty late into the tourney as it was.
And as Stingers pointed out I've beaten Felix in the past (around the time of MLG Raleigh where he went to finals, so it's not like it was before he was known).
But just because you're sticking your neck out to be a troll I'm going to also take my time to say he money matched me after the tourney and I won.
Now be nice.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sorry! I'm so in love with the guy I made a freudian slip... I'll edit and change it back to you because you are awesome... (accept my apologies)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope not impressed. Felix was drunk/High/saved people from a plane crash because he's Superman. I'll defend him.

ROB's a bad character. I see occasional placings from tournaments like that, and I'll give you credit for that a Win is a Win. But to act like ROB places that well on a regular basis, that "This is normal", would be an exaggeration.

He doesn't have much representation. Not many people showing off ROB at nationals at all. He's too risky of a character to try and main, and that's been properly reflected so far.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Rob is already much more popular than a lot of characters in the 2 weeks that I've been recording results.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rob is already much more popular than a lot of characters in the 2 weeks that I've been recording results.
Most of those characters I would also say are bad (Peach, DK, etc). Unless you are talking about characters quite above him, like Lucario/ZSS/etc

Savon

Smash Ace
Everybody says that everybody is bad. Can we talk about who is GOOD for a change besides Mk? All of this talk about everybody being bad is depressing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you wanna talk about a character being good, then make it accurate. None of this "Luigi is good" or related nonsense. I'm trying to be a realist here with this game, trying to show people the light. And then I get these positive thinking naysayers.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Okay, so back to a real topic kinda related to what it takes to be a good character then?...

Mobility. Who do you think has enough to end up higher than they are now, and who doesn't have enough and will probably drop because of it?

:059:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Luigi is going to plummet due to his awful mobility, as disappointing as that sounds to me. :(

As a matter of fact, that's the main reason that he's not my... main. *ahem*

He just can't move anywhere. Besides Dedede, he has the lowest overall mobility. I just can't play a slow character like that.

:069:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom