• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Rob be bad though. I only have faith in Clubbinsempai

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh, so Rob won in Washington where Felix couldn't enter

In North Carolina where people know you, Kadaj, Seagull, and maybe 1 other guy

and in Colorado?

I'm not even hating, I'm stating a formal response of "Oh is that it? I see."

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Guys, DK, R.O.B., Peach and Kirby aren't dead characters on the tournament scene. They're not great ones, but you're in a cave if you think they're dead. All but Peach have won tournaments in past couple months and all have placed top-5 at tournaments in that same span at least at one point.

I think Illmatic has placed T-5 a handful of times recently. I may or may not be right about DK.

A bit ago, you'd have been able to throw D3 in that same list. However no one says **** because they at least recognize that coney does work. He's the only one, too.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Oh, so Rob won in Washington where Felix couldn't enter

In North Carolina where people know you, Kadaj, Seagull, and maybe 1 other guy

and in Colorado?

I'm not even hating, I'm stating a formal response of "Oh is that it? I see."
t0mmy has beaten felix in the past (like the weekend right after he got 3rd (?) at MLG Raleigh) so that doesn't even mean anything...

North Carolina has way more good people then that but w/e...Seagull is MD/VA btw

and Colorado has a very active scene and I'm pretty sure that members of the CO smash scene have beaten X before...so yeah.

tldr...stop hating and go win a tournament in your own region for once instead of trolling smashboards threads

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Also, Pit technically has never been alive on the tournament scene.

Though, Prince Ramen won a tournament in the south going all Pit, iirc. No one knows/cares about that though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yea I read the rules too. Lol still good **** to him though.
We have a hell of a lot of top 8's or better all over the place if you wanna check our Tournament Results thread. Of the 10 yoshi players in existence, at least 8 of us do at least decent.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
t0mmy has beaten felix in the past (like the weekend right after he got 3rd (?) at MLG Raleigh) so that doesn't even mean anything...

North Carolina has way more good people then that but w/e...Seagull is MD/VA btw

and Colorado has a very active scene and I'm pretty sure that members of the CO smash scene have beaten X before...so yeah.

tldr...stop hating and go win a tournament in your own region for once instead of trolling smashboards threads
Nope. I'll continue trolling and doing doubles.

And making you stare at this ballin sig til you be not mad

Steam

Smash Hero

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bees only won because he was able to avoid the MK mains. He didn't play any MKs >.>

@Stingers- None of us have beaten X in a set I don't think. I personally took a game from him when we MM'd but ya know it's lucario-Sonic.
Steam, you cool. Let's hang out sometime when I come up to Colorado.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
could've been 4 if midwest wasn't a horrible non-scrubby place where they don't use LGL's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxoKYzRY06Y&feature=related
lmaoooooooo that match is hilarious...why would a tourney not have an LGL in this day and age @.@
Cause they aren't scrubs that create an arbitrary rule for a single character who they refuse to ban and instead wish to constantly surgically nerf?
That's just my guess you know?

Seriously, why in the hell did anyone even bother pointing out why LGL's are wrong when the community is so ******* childish and does it anyway?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That would be awesome if Ally picked up ROB and mained him :awesome:

Doubt itll happen though

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What are you talking about? Our job is to fix the game since we have no support from Nintendo. That's why we gotta ban character specific infinites and limit interaction with the edge.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Bees only won because he was able to avoid the MK mains. He didn't play any MKs >.>
the MU isn't undoable at all, this logic is silly

Cause they aren't scrubs that create an arbitrary rule for a single character who they refuse to ban and instead wish to constantly surgically nerf.
random who hasn't been to a tournament in like a year calling people scrubs because they disagree with his rule philosophy, is that you BPC?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It doesn't matter too much, Steam, because X lost to a random Socal player.
AUTO-DEBUNK according to some people.

lol.

Steam

Smash Hero
@etecoon- I know it's doable but I also know bees personally and he's never beaten any of our ranked MK mains in tourney iirc. he basically beats everyone else though.

and that's also kinda my point espy lul.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
What are you talking about? Our job is to fix the game since we have no support from Nintendo. That's why we gotta ban character specific infinites and limit interaction with the ledge.

Exactly! So why haven't we banned the flying bat who loopholes the system?
<_<

I mean hell, the community prides itself on trying to ban character specific infinites, banning stages just cause "WOMG ITS UNFAIR!" and also takes pride in bashing other regions.
You think it wouldn't mind axing a character who has been a problem since the start of May.

Bah I am in a horrid mood anyway I'll refrain from posting for today.

random who hasn't been to a tournament in like a year calling people scrubs because they disagree with his rule philosophy, is that you BPC?
Hmm?
*looks at your join date*
Oh right, its an 09'er scrub who THINKS he has a ****ing clue about what competitive gaming is but obviously does not.

Tell me Etecoon, is Melee and Brawl the only game you played?
Probably is considering half the **** coming out your mouth is idiocy.
Do me a favor, play some actual competitive games such as Guilty Gear. Street Fighter, hell play some MTG and even Yu-Gi-Oh for all I care.
I don't have the time, nor the patience to educate whelps like you.
Bashing my head against a brick wall is more interesting.

Please do me the favor and refrain from calling me a random when I've been in the smash community not only longer than you have, but also have been in competitive gaming longer as well.

Respect your elders scrub.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
We need the flying bat at times lol A necessary correction factor you might say. Not for everything though.
How so?
Let us presume for the sake of the argument that MK is a ridiculously broken character who we know is absolutely ban worthy.

In what way would refraining from banning this character, be beneficial?

If you pull an M2K response and say, because then the game is boring, I'll kick a kitty.

Nestec

Smash Ace
MK is not a ridiculously broken character though...

I didn't know there still existed people who think MK should be banned...

:/

If you kick a kitty, btw, please record it on video.

:green:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
SL84 your negativity is not needed...really
It's not negativity, its called being honest.
You bash Mid-West for NOT using a SCRUBBY rule?
Stupidity.

MK is not a ridiculously broken character though...

I didn't know there still existed people who think MK should be banned...

:/

:green:
*glowers*

Nestec...
You make me sad. :(

Re-read what I said.

:troll:because then the game is boring:troll:

How so?
Let us presume for the sake of the argument that MK is a ridiculously broken character who we know is absolutely ban worthy.

In what way would refraining from banning this character, be beneficial?

If you pull an M2K response and say, because then the game is boring, I'll kick a kitty.
I will say this now before it gets out of hand. I agree for banning MK only for the fact I believe it would open up character viability. I was merely saying that at times it is useful to have him around against certain character strategies. A camping pit on the ledge is awfully annoying. I would rather fight someone onstage than deal with ledge camping BS even if it is possible to counter with another character. MK can play the ledge game with better success and put him on the stage again. Sonic always running away from me and I'm tired of this evasive BS, pick-up MK and chase him down with success.

MK just gives you the tools to cut the crap this game gets bashed for at times.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I will say this now before it gets out of hand. I agree for banning MK only for the fact I believe it would open up character viability. I was merely saying that at times it is useful to have him around against certain character strategies. A camping pit on the ledge is awfully annoying. I would rather fight someone onstage than deal with ledge camping BS even if it is possible to counter with another character. MK can play the ledge game with better success and put him on the stage again. Sonic always running away from me and I'm tired of this evasive BS, pick-up MK and chase him down with success.

MK just gives you the tools to cut the crap this game gets bashed for at times.
Oh do not worry, I am not going to rip you for actually taking the time to state your argument,

That makes me happy.

now i can perfectly understand as to why you would prefer MK to remain int he game. Seriously, MK, is an AMAZING character in terms of offensive capability and is capable of dealing with many problems that people consider "gay".
At the same time, it really doesn't make much sense to retain a character who may be detrimental overall to the metagame.

Even if the game does seem a bit more boring, it does bring into question what exactly is going on when we repeatedly make attempts to nerf a character, and even worse, try to hide these attempts by making it a global change. Global LGL? REALLY!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom