• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been saying for yeeeeeeaaaaaaar that matchup ratios don't matter.
Everyone just ignores me because i don't play sonic or yoshi
or peach

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought you blocked me?
It's never a good idea to "view post".
Never.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Wait, what did I miss about Pikachu? Why is he top five now?

He seems to go even(ish?) with MK, Snake and Diddy and beats Falco and DDD, so I guess matchups kinda warrant it. And he has placed well recently.

Nevermind, Pikachu is probably the best character.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So we have people saying match-ups don't matter, and other people saying that we put way too much value on results.

What's left? Honestly, both options sound stupid to me. They both matter. It's just that some character boards are filled with a bunch of dreamers, or a bunch of idiots. Tournament results matter, but some people forget that other parts of a tier list exist as well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tomorrow, im going to dig back to (i think it was) tier list discusion 2 thread where I said pikachu was going to be top tier, and show yall that I called this shiz dang near 2 years ago.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
You should know Pikachu is garbage, Kid. You 3-0d ESAM with Sonic and beat Pika with Falco.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Those birds have amazing SPACING.
get it, ha... haha.
spacing?

Now this is a good post to click "view post" on.
Except you can't see me saying this to decide whether or not clicking it is worth it.
Well I guess if you're reading this you did click view post.
either that or you have be unblocked, which I doubt.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
prime, I also beat pika with fox, but thats not because pika is bad, Its just because I know the character better than 90% of the people that play him.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That post sounds like you're sad about being blocked. Good trolls don't show emotion. Chin up and keep reppin' CO.
I'm not sad. :c
I'm just explaining how blocking someone should work. :(
I need another sad face to amplify my non-sadness, but I don't know of one, scared is kind of sad, right? okay, i'll go with slowpoke. :079:

Nestec

Smash Ace
[collapse=Don't click this]
[collapse=You must be bored]
[collapse=I'm bored too]
[collapse=Alright, I'm done]http://img.imgcake.com/1nT6ajpgyr.jpg
[/collapse][/collapse][/collapse][/collapse]
Ya know, I hate how difficult it is to ignore this kind of thing.

Spelt said:
Those birds have amazing SPACING.
get it, ha... haha.
spacing?
OHH!
I get it! Like, in Call of Duty!!

Luco said:
Oh poor lucas and ness.... I must admit i never saw it coming.
Little boys get molested grab-released in this game, Kyle.

:green:

Yikarur

Smash Master
Ya know, I hate how difficult it is to ignore this kind of thing.
use the quote button shortcut :D

Match-ups are subjective and I know fully what SFP was going to say with that.
It's really annoying because a lot of people didn't play good players of certain chars or played good players that never played against that Character (Yoshi Syndrome) and think the match-ups is about even (Yoshi:Diddy lol or even better Yoshi:Falco).
Match-up Ratios suck overall because they will change depending on the Person.
Thats why I hate that people like Polt are in the BR because he is the living example of a small biased child (no offense) that tries to make his character better as it is because the people he plays against suck somehow.

and in Europe Marth's are Winning or getting Top3 everywhere! (Mr. R and Leon da bess)!

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Which is why I never said that. I often read over this thread but hardly post do to some of the silly **** I see. I just like watching Orion and a few others come in hear and shut people down lol. There goes your name search bud.
Spoilers didnt spoil nothin nakat came at me with his cherry muffins. you shootin laser im pullin bombs we still jumpin.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
That's mean, Yika. :(

I definitely do not believe that Falco or Diddy go even with Yoshi at all (if you are implying that, that is), nor do I have biased opinions on match-ups. In fact, I simply don't participate in match-up discussions with characters I don't know about.

Besides, Yoshi has more than proven himself results-wise to go into mid-tier.

:069:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddy! <3
How ya doing, mang. Long time no read. :3
Wha...it hasn't been that long since I posted here...has it been a while since you posted? /earlymorningjohns+Ihaven'thadmycoffeeyetjohns. I don't think I've seen you in a while, so...Hi Joel!

Let's see, for the two conversations at hand...

Yes, some characters boards are really out to lunch when it comes to MU ratios. However, that doesn't mean we go out and ditch any match-up ratio that comes up. You just need to be able to pick and choose accordingly. Me for example: I ignore the Mario and G&W board's MU ratios because of a certain somebody who frequents those character boards and butchers and chance of intelligent MU discussion. Might have to do the same with the Falcon board, he's starting to hang out over there as well...

Yoshi should be mid-tier. Switch him with PT and/or Ness plz.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Match-up spreads are imaginary bull**** created by the people that post on smashboards and the numbers almost never matter at the top end except at extremes like DK vs Dedede.
Sort of.

Like in hindsight they are worthless in telling someone what to do in a match-up. However they are used as a quick rating for the information people do know on the match-up or let people know who don't know about the characters match-ups instead doing the long tedious process of explaining why it's bad and putting a ratio down.

They matter for people to make a tier list, match-up chart, or just to give people a quick lookout so they can figure out if this character does well against a character or not. Let's say if I knew nothing about ZSS, I could look up her MUs and figure out, "Hey I like playing Falco, maybe I can use him to Counter pick ZSS" or something along those line if people really wanted to. Then people and read up or research how to play the match-up from that reference. It lets people have a quick reference instead of having to research and look up all of the long explanations on the characters match-ups.

So for playing the match-up they are worthless, or having a quick reference of how bad/good a match-up is they aren't.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Wha...it hasn't been that long since I posted here...has it been a while since you posted? /earlymorningjohns+Ihaven'thadmycoffeeyetjohns. I don't think I've seen you in a while, so...Hi Joel!

Let's see, for the two conversations at hand...

Yes, some characters boards are really out to lunch when it comes to MU ratios. However, that doesn't mean we go out and ditch any match-up ratio that comes up. You just need to be able to pick and choose accordingly. Me for example: I ignore the Mario and G&W board's MU ratios because of a certain somebody who frequents those character boards and butchers and chance of intelligent MU discussion. Might have to do the same with the Falcon board, he's starting to hang out over there as well...

Yoshi should be mid-tier. Switch him with PT and/or Ness plz.
I think you talkin bout AtoZ OMG!!!!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sometimes he has legit points, but from the match-up threads, like when he participated in Link vs Bowser he said it was 65:35 Link's favor because of Dair edge guards and other things, which everyone was outright saying he was wrong.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I have yet to see him make a single legitimate point worth mentioning, which is why I will never, ever accept a MU ratio taken from a board that he visits. Really, the Mario board and G&W board MU ratios are completely worthless with him around.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Once upon a time he said Mario beats Lucas because Lucas has no range (funny cause Mario's range is worse.)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I thought you blocked me?
It's never a good idea to "view post".
Never.

I didn't block you.
I have K.I.D. blocked since he's a ****ing moron.

Well technically he's right, though, at least the MU ratios a lot of the character boards have been putting together. :p
not really, at a higher level of play the MU's tend to become more important because tof the skill level becoming more equal.

It is why top tiers are well, top tier because of their good MU spread.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Let's say if I knew nothing about ZSS, I could look up her MUs and figure out, "Hey I like playing Falco, maybe I can use him to Counter pick ZSS" or something along those line if people really wanted to. Then people and read up or research how to play the match-up from that reference. It lets people have a quick reference instead of having to research and look up all of the long explanations on the characters match-ups.

So for playing the match-up they are worthless, or having a quick reference of how bad/good a match-up is they aren't.
in your example, you pick up falco to deal with zss, but then you play nick riddle who has apparently mastered the falco matchup and you get 3 stocked, where as if you had stuck with... mario, or... game and watch or something, you might have gotten a stock or two off, but you just mindlessly played falco because some ****** whos never even seen nick riddle play before and spends his practice time stomping out his friends thought lasers beat that character. I would rather not have a matchup chart entirely if it meant that people would actually learn how to play matchups in stead of going in blind just thinking, I 70-30 this character, and than getting ***** by vermanubis because he actually knows how to play his character.

trying to make short cuts like that will only served to get you stomped out later on.

Once upon a time he said Mario beats Lucas because Lucas has no range (funny cause Mario's range is worse.)
I think he also said once that sonic is worse than he was in the first tier list (5th from the bottom.)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Nothing is wrong with the usage of MU's , but keep in mind it presumes similar skill level.
If you suck terribly, you won't win a matchup in your favor.
If you are awesome, you probably can win a matchup that is a terrible disadvantage for you.

Nothing is wrong with MU's, just the people who use them.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tomorrow, im going to dig back to (i think it was) tier list discusion 2 thread where I said pikachu was going to be top tier, and show yall that I called this shiz dang near 2 years ago.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9081890&highlight=pikachu+top+tier#post9081890
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8636868&postcount=11320
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8377588&postcount=8139
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7093110&postcount=95

and heres essentially my whole history of calling this.
http://www.smashboards.com/search.php?searchid=4151851

credit where credit is due.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
but now people are agreeing with me.

besides, Its gonna happen. and when its official, Im going to go through this whole schpiel again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom