• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you guys haven't seen my boy FAE. he took joker out in a tournament recently. this zap jumps and magnet pulls everywhere

_Kain_

Smash Champion
what are you talking about kain? lucas has great aerial movement and INSANE shield pressure. so what if he's not AS good as wario at avoiding grabs. he still has the tools to get around a majority of them
Yeah but if Lucas gets grabbed by some, it's game over (DK, Marth, most can CG him across the stage)

Idk about his shield pressure. But it seems like his aerial moveset just seems like knowing how long to hold your shield up and when to let go at the proper time

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Yeah but if Lucas gets grabbed by someone, it's game over (DK, Marth, most can CG him across the stage)
are we going my MLG rules? or MORE typical tournaments? I'd say MLG since that's where the $$ at

_Kain_

Smash Champion
If wolf gets grabbed by some it's game over.
Actually by 2, even then Pika's grab range is horrible. And wario's works in a certain way that if your near the ledge of nething it doesn't work. Plus Wolf's moveset is superior to Lucas' at not getting grabbed

N none end in death so lololol sure game over for wolf

Chuee

Smash Hero
Actually by 2, even then Pika's grab range is horrible. And wario's works in a certain way that if your near the ledge of nething it doesn't work. Plus Wolf's moveset is superior to Lucas' at not getting grabbed
Somebody's forgetting D3.
And Pika can combo into grabs.

EDIT: @Kain: Cool, only 1 actually makes Lucas lose his stock.

Coney

Smash Master
FAE is diet pink fresh, step up to the real taste of lucas

also to be fair kain i think ddd actually can infinite wolf off the ledge if i'm not mistaken

Chuee

Smash Hero
Oh yeah Cause D3's ends in death, and he can do it in place. Right
And yeah pika can "combo" cause no one knows how to DI.
D3 has a ledge infinite on Wolf right?
Actually, Pika can combo into grabs at low %.
Utilt and uair can lead to grabs.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Oh yeah Cause D3's ends in death, and he can do it in place. Right
And yeah pika can "combo" cause no one knows how to DI.
go ahead a DI a d-tilt that makes you trip.

go ahead

do it

I dare ya

_Kain_

Smash Champion
D3 has a ledge infinite on Wolf right?
Actually, Pika can combo into grabs at low %.
Utilt and uair can lead to grabs.
infinites aren't allowed if so Marth and DK completely wreck Lucas your point? Why are you switching this into a wolf topic now? Lucas gets outclassed by characters the GR just adds to it all.

Nothing combos in brawl learn how to DI and jump out. You would know since you play wolf n vs pika's all the time right?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
go ahead a DI a d-tilt that makes you trip.

go ahead

do it

I dare ya
You guys are all funny, your arguing that lucas won't get grabbed, then go on to say wolf will, when he has bair, fair, and even better aerial mobility then Lucas. Kinda ironic.

Lol at dtilt, cause it totally outranges wolfs bair, and where just gonna sit n look at it, or even worse, be close enough for it to connect. Oh and even worse it trips 100% of the time

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
You guys are all funny, your arguing that lucas won't get grabbed, then go on to say wolf will, when he has bair, fair, and even better aerial mobility then Lucas. Kinda ironic.

Lol at dtilt, cause it totally outranges wolfs bair, and where just gonna sit n look at it, or even worse, be close enough for it to connect. Oh and even worse it trips 100% of the time
WHOA! did I ever say lucas would never get grabbed? no I didn't. I said he was good at avoiding a majority of them. I also said nothing about wolf. wolf can probably avoid them better than lucas. but that isn't what I was arguing now was it?:)

you yourself said infinites are banned. that means that WHEN lucas gets grabbed, its not as severe as you're making it out to be

Chuee

Smash Hero
infinites aren't allowed if so Marth and DK completely wreck Lucas your point? Why are you switching this into a wolf topic now? Lucas gets outclassed by characters the GR just adds to it all.

Nothing combos in brawl learn how to DI and jump out. You would know since you play wolf n vs pika's all the time right?
Ok, so if infinites aren't allowed then as Lucas I won't have to worry about Marth (banned) so that leaves DK. Cool so what are the odds that Im going to run into a good DK that actually knows the infinite?
Actually stuff does combo in brawl.
Like Falco's Dthrow, Pika's uair, etc.
You just follow DI.
lol Kain, I never said Lucas wouldn't get grabbed. I said he has the tools to avoid grabs just like wolf.

D

Deleted member

If wolf gets grabbed by some it's game over.
LOL no.

On a serious note, Lucas really isn't that bad. Great mobility and combo potential, not to mention a better recovery than his Mother counterpart. I hear good things about Pink Fresh and FAE as well.

Here's a question: Why is Ness so much better?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
WHOA! did I ever say lucas would never get grabbed? no I didn't. I said he was good at avoiding a majority of them. I also said nothing about wolf. wolf can probably avoid them better than lucas. but that isn't what I was arguing now was it?:)

you yourself said infinites are banned. that means that WHEN lucas gets grabbed, its not as severe as you're making it out to be
Yes but Lucas doesn't get standing infinited people can Dash Regrab or small step.

Ok, so if infinites aren't allowed then as Lucas I won't have to worry about Marth (banned) so that leaves DK. Cool so what are the odds that Im going to run into a good DK that actually knows the infinite?
Actually stuff does combo in brawl.
Like Falco's Dthrow, Pika's uair, etc.
You just follow DI.
lol Kain, I never said Lucas wouldn't get grabbed. I said he has the tools to avoid grabs just like wolf.
Ok, Cheese did this to a player at MLG columbus with DK, and I don't even think he uses DK soooo...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
LOL no.

On a serious note, Lucas really isn't that bad. Great mobility and combo potential, not to mention a better recovery than his Mother counterpart. I hear good things about Pink Fresh and FAE as well.

Here's a question: Why is Ness so much better?
because he has a better match up with MK and people are still probably riding the FOW and shakey meat express
Yes but Lucas doesn't get standing infinited people can Dash Regrab or small step.
doesn't matter! those are banned also. any sort of regrab on ness/lucas based off their break out animation is banned

Chuee

Smash Hero

Ok, Cheese did this to a player at MLG columbus with DK, and I don't even think he uses DK soooo...
Yeah, that was my Ness, I don't main Ness. If I'd known he sucked at the infinite I probably would've used Lucas. Oh, and he switched to D3 on my CP soooo...

because he has a better match up with MK and people are still probably riding the FOW and shakey meat express
Lucas has a better MU with MK.

doesn't matter! those are banned also. any sort of regrab on ness/lucas based off their break out animation is banned
They don't exist. No character has a smallstep regrab on Lucas (though I think some have them on ness.). Marth has to use a dash regrab.

@Future:

Teh Future

Smash Master
how is that trolling? your ******** im just gonna put you on ignore lol.

i just think ness is a better overall character. and he def does better vs mk than lucas. anyone who says otherwise is probably a random lucas main from Kentucky that doesnt actually know anything about how the game works

Chuee

Smash Hero
how is that trolling? your ******** im just gonna put you on ignore lol.

i just think ness is a better overall character. and he def does better vs mk than lucas. anyone who says otherwise is probably a random lucas main from Kentucky that doesnt actually know anything about how the game works
Yep, definitely Im just gonna start listening to you from now on.
Bowser for bottom 3.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*picks Ike*

*ground releases, then Jab 1, then dashgrab again*

*it doesn't count as a regrab of their animation as technically if they are frame perfect they can get out, thus I can "CG" across the stage, even though the likely hood of them getting out without taking a bunch of damage before is very very low*

*gets to the edge of the stage, does release -> walk-off fair because gain, it's technically possible for them to avoid it, just highly, highly unlikely*

:D

Unless their release animation offstage isn't the one I remember. Oh well, not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom