• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule Set 3.1

sunshade

Smash Ace
Infinite Dimensional Cape.

I'd love to see you explain that.
It is banned for being a stalling technique but I will admit that the potential for it to be game breaking probably resulted in its ban more so than the stalling issue.

Perfect planking is not stalling. You are not avoiding conflict, you are establishing a strong defense and holding it.

NNID
Budget_Player
There's a subtle difference between a move execution sequence where you are not 100% invincible and not invisible, and one where you are 100% invincible and invisible. It's subtle, but it's there. Here's a hint: the latter has remote potential to be stoppable in practice. IDC, if executed correctly, can never be stopped. Provably.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also Spelt, people don't like sudden death for the same reason they don't like PTAD/ Japes. No one wants to be punished so hard for 1 single mistake.
if this was the case CGs/infinites would be banned.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
except japes has never and will never be banned either.

and there's more criteria to banning stages than one mistake = death.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I could've sworn, Spelt, that EC bans Japes from time to time.
Am I wrong in thinking that?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
All of this fighting, and people don't realize how biased this ruleset is against Lucario.

Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
So Lucario is instantly ripped of his ability to make a comeback when he's a stock or two behind? Or abuse his weakened ability to create longer combo strings when he's a stock or two ahead?

Tsk tsk

Tesh

Smash Hero
SuSa is right.

In the event of a tied timeout or simultaneous KOs the rematch should be Fox only Final Destination 3 stocks same stages 8 minutes.

@ Spelt, alot of things are banned because people don't like them. Some powerful tactics are banned for being degenerate or too easy, some aren't.

@ Krystedez You can certainly catch them out of the sky, and they bounce off of shields instead of just exploding.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So Lucario is instantly ripped of his ability to make a comeback when he's a stock or two behind? Or abuse his weakened ability to create longer combo strings when he's a stock or two ahead?

Tsk tsk
Just another con for playing Lucario in potential time outs games. :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pikachu
Invincibility Frames - 34
Ledge Grab Lag Frames - 12
Ledge Drop Frame - 14

This data was taken from here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8257705&postcount=56
It was compiled by K Prime over a year ago.

As you can see, Pikachu is capable of playing the ledge in such a way that he has permanent invincibility. Yet, the BBR feels that this does not meet the definition of "game breaking" ?
no. It doesnt.
Metaknight. when he planks he up airs you with invincibility twice, and than grabs the ledge before you can do anything to him.

Pikachu. he has to choose between falling from the ledge and quick attacking back up to it with invincibility, and up airing off the ledge and quick attacking back up to it with out invinicibility.

With option 1, you can steal the ledge from pikachu because hes not hitting you away. and with option 2, you can hit him out of the quick attack because hes no longer invincible.

mk can hit you away from the edge and still grab it while having invincibility the whole time. Pikachu cant.

except japes has never and will never be banned either.
I could've sworn, Spelt, that EC bans Japes from time to time.
Am I wrong in thinking that?

No you arent, its actually quite rare to find an EC, specifically AN tourney, that has japes legal, since inui has his biased grubby little hands in almost everything. the ones I run are the only ones I cna think of.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No you arent, its actually quite rare to find an EC, specifically AN tourney, that has japes legal, since inui has his biased grubby little hands in almost everything. the ones I run are the only ones I cna think of.
Wait, people still take Inui seriously? What is this, 2008?

NNID
Budget_Player
no. It doesnt.
Metaknight. when he planks he up airs you with invincibility twice, and than grabs the ledge before you can do anything to him.

Pikachu. he has to choose between falling from the ledge and quick attacking back up to it with invincibility, and up airing off the ledge and quick attacking back up to it with out invinicibility.

With option 1, you can steal the ledge from pikachu because hes not hitting you away. and with option 2, you can hit him out of the quick attack because hes no longer invincible.

mk can hit you away from the edge and still grab it while having invincibility the whole time. Pikachu cant.
But after he steals the ledge, can't he QA over to the other ledge?

1. <3 u now legalize PS2 :V

2. This.
Wait, people still take Inui seriously? What is this, 2008?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I really need to start waving my hands around more. Maybe I'll just put in my sig.

ATTENTION, I AM A TO WHO HAS BANNED MK IN HIS EVENTS, AND MY PLAYERS ARE HAPPY. WE ALSO USE A LIBERAL STAGELIST WITH PS2 AS A STARTER, AND ALMOST ALL THE CPs. GET AT ME.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I am but one man Espy, with different circumstances than many.

I understand why most TOs can't ban it, because it weakens them out of state. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

:(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
PS2 was listed as a starter stage at a recent tournament down in South Texas.
Yup.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Honestly, now that people are used to it, I see more games go to PS2 than almost any other stage.

Like, it's either that or Smashville, it seems like.

And I should add, it's not just me that deserves credit for this.

My fellow three TOs: Camden, Justin Wiles, and KMAG are all very open-minded and ALLOW me to tweak and test the ruleset so that I can give us the most complete, competitive Brawl experience possible. It wouldn't be possible without their support.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
EU?
Europe?

I think you mean EC, as in east coast.

also, i laugh when I think of what would happen if I banned MK at one of my tourneys.
The one guy on my PR that mains MK, would play snake.
The 4 guys that used to main ICs, pikachu, DK, and PEach, would all go back to those characters. and we would have a legit smash scene with a flowing metagame.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
eu?
Europe?

I think you mean ec, as in east coast.

Also, i laugh when i think of what would happen if i banned mk at one of my tourneys.
The one guy on my pr that mains mk, would play snake.
The 4 guys that used to main ics, pikachu, dk, and peach, would all go back to those characters. And we would have a legit smash scene with a flowing metagame.
then DO IT, DO IT!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
EU?
Europe?

also, i laugh when I think of what would happen if I banned MK at one of my tourneys.
The 4 guys that used to main ICs, pikachu, DK, and PEach, would all go back to those characters. and we would have a legit smash scene with a flowing metagame.
What are you waiting for then?

Go boldly and without fear, for the grass really is greener on the other side.

I would know, I'm over here.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love going to PS2, Raziek. <33

However, my character has a tendency to suck complete *** when he's on these super large levels.

NNID
Budget_Player
EU?
Europe?

Yes, I do.

AND DO IT.

Top Bottom