• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Yan, JustinK, Darkshifter, and Chris for coming over for the Smash Fest. Man...went on till 1:00 AM. GGs it was fun. I LOVE MARIO and WARIO!

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
That was an awesome couple of hours. Hopefully we'll have the one tomorrow too :-)

Thanks for hosting!

Statistics

Smash Cadet
Someone hold a tournament with Street Fighter 2, 3S, IV (w/e) in it.

Please! It would be something else, yes?
You know, you should keep those thoughts to yourself.

No one here cares about SF. I've tried to tell them, but they won't listen.

So tonight, I will send a plague from up on high to deal with the non-believers. It will kill their firstborn. However, if you coat your front door with a lamb's blood, then your children will be safe.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Can someone update me as to what kind of smashfests are going on tonight? Or is it just that party at Coop's?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah i realized that falcon has 6 colors. i forgot about blood hawk. but regardless, everyone in tucson plays a different color falcon.

fark

Smash Apprentice
Someone hold a tournament with Street Fighter 2, 3S, IV (w/e) in it.

Please! It would be something else, yes?
dont worry kos and stats
the venue that i planned to host a melee/brawl tourney will now host sf4 monthlies. starting in april maybe may

A

afrosandpintos

new guy what's up... well i'm not really new my screen name was kwasia but i can't get it to work so i changed it.... but anyway new guy looking to play i live on avondale and mcdowell rd. i love this game want to try some serious play. im a big st player held a few gatherings in the past.

i'm a close friend of robs and will be working at devastation though i need to call him and see what he wants me to do....

if anyone still plays online - name 3000 code 2535-3346-1816

this is my cousin's machine and i'm okay... if bad is okay... you can consider me a practice dummy.

A

afrosandpintos

i play all the street fighters, guilty gears ac, all the king of fighters, looking forward to blazblue, tried d.o.n.(but no one took it seriously) and brawl. i also play dam near every other game. but i don't own any now. i sold all my games awhile back. tough times needed the money. but right now i play at friends houses(mostly call of duty 4), though no one plays brawl seriously only marvel and sf4. i love sf4 don't get me wrong and marvel is cool i just want to learn brawl. i'm okay at all of them. i've been part of az fighting game community at shoryukendotcom for about 11 years now.

fark

Smash Apprentice
well i play cod4 brawl melee and sf4 but cod4 and sf4 on the ps3
ill play either one with you sometime
and my friends and i will be hosting a sf4 monthly (if you didnt read my other post) in april or may in downtown glendale

A

afrosandpintos

kool sounds good do you post on shoryukendotcom?

i don't have a cell at the moment so if you want to hit me up you can contact me under kingkwasia at aim or kwasia at myspace

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah i realized that falcon has 6 colors. i forgot about blood hawk. but regardless, everyone in tucson plays a different color falcon.
Yeah, he needs a Red suit to be on the red team, unless falcon uses his sex appeal to make red the pink team, that would be hot.

Smash needs more than just the three standard team colors.

Falcon is a Blood.

fark

Smash Apprentice
kool sounds good do you post on shoryukendotcom?

i don't have a cell at the moment so if you want to hit me up you can contact me under kingkwasia at aim or kwasia at myspace
no havent made an account yet but i will
and i couldnt find you on myspace

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
FUUUUN Smashings last night. One might have called it a SMASHING time! You have a tight SMASH house, Justin. It was good to see all the SMASHERS there. My favorite part was Light "not" SMASHING your glass cup. Teams was fun, Singlays was fun, Let's do it again SOON! :D I will post vids from San Fran when I get back, my plane is boarding right now.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I feel like getting back into smash. Is there a place Tucson plays every week?

Tucson Falcon Colors:
Me - Pink
Sean - Neutral
Chris - Black
Philippe - Blue
Cutmet/New guy - Green

So I guess that leaves you with the red.
Who's the new guy?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
i play all the street fighters, guilty gears ac, all the king of fighters, looking forward to blazblue, tried d.o.n.(but no one took it seriously) and brawl. i also play dam near every other game. but i don't own any now. i sold all my games awhile back. tough times needed the money. but right now i play at friends houses(mostly call of duty 4), though no one plays brawl seriously only marvel and sf4. i love sf4 don't get me wrong and marvel is cool i just want to learn brawl. i'm okay at all of them. i've been part of az fighting game community at shoryukendotcom for about 11 years now.
Awesome. I've wanted to pick up SF4 because it's badass. If you can help teach me the basics of SF4, I can help you with brawl. I was never the best, but I'm sure people will tell you I know my stuff. Though admittedly, I haven't played seriously in a long while. Brawl/Melee is something you never really forget.

Hit me up if you are at all interested.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
lol coop he was trying to find your place for the party on friday, s'all good now since i'm his middle man for some unknown reason ><

A

afrosandpintos

no havent made an account yet but i will
and i couldnt find you on myspace
my bad www.myspace.com/dpsoldier

Awesome. I've wanted to pick up SF4 because it's badass. If you can help teach me the basics of SF4, I can help you with brawl. I was never the best, but I'm sure people will tell you I know my stuff. Though admittedly, I haven't played seriously in a long while. Brawl/Melee is something you never really forget.

i'm down with that. i don't have a car but i know how to ride that city bus. so if you want to get a workout session going let me know when. plus you should check out shoryuken dot com

http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241

for you basic character info plus tips from others here is a link to the az community thread

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162533&page=156

oh and get an arcade stick, trust me it makes a difference

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I'm not sure you are going to be able to find one in store. You might have to shell out 100+ on ebay for one.

A

afrosandpintos

yeah look online ebay or playasia... i had bought 3 different sticks beautiful with street fighter art and everything. now they are worthless ps2 sticks with no further use and i have to buy new ones also.

anyway

please let me know if this is not appropriate here

for those looking to get into the az sthdr and sf4 scene go to here

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=177401

now some brawl questions...

i'm really having a hard time picking one character for my focus i'm torn between these characters could you all please give my your honest opinion

pit - lucas/ness - fox/space animials

thanks

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
anyone who wants to buy a stick should buy from arcadeinabox. they're a little pricey but the quality is awesome. i have one of my own.

M I RITE SEAN B!?

I feel like getting back into smash. Is there a place Tucson plays every week?

Who's the new guy?
his name is jack. he's a cool dood.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

Wanna Melee this Saturday?

Duffy's being a punk *****, Taj is turning 21, and Robbles is going back to Texas for a bit.

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
Afrosandpintos

I am also getting into SF4 and would like for someone to teach me some stuff. I can definitely help you out in the brawl department since I activley play in tourneys all the time.

If you are actually wanting to get really into brawl you will most likely want to play falco if you like playing space animals. Pit is also a good. Ness/lucas aren't the greatest characters.

Starking

Smash Cadet
I'd love to learn how to play SF better, but I live in PV (So that's quite far). All I know is a Stick would help greatly. They easily run 100+, 150 for the Tournament Stick for PS3. So it'll take a huge bite out of your pocket. I would only recommend it if you plan to play competitively. If not, maybe one of the cheaper sticks or the gamepad (I know it not as good, but from what I hear it gets the job done).

On the topic of brawl, the Space Animal's aren't bad. But Falco is most likely the best of them. Pit is another good one, as for the Mother kids. They are just ALRIGHT; I don't really think you should use them. But if you like them, nothing is stopping you. Just keep in mind you'll jump from character to character. So nothing is for sure yet, I jumped from Ike (when I started playing), to Meta Knight (I played him for the longest time), now I play Lucario (I have no idea why I play him, I just do). So just be aware and always try different characters as you go along.

Top Bottom