• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Hi AZ.

Haven't posted or played competive Smash in ages. Quick question(s):

Overall, does the entire competitive scene support Brawl+? Also, what about AZ? You guys (overall) support it. I just heard about it today (yeah, I know...out of the loop). I was thinking about dling all of the nonsense to get it to work, but two problems:

1) Don't want to risk bricking my Wii
2) I already downloaded u 3.4

Anyway, hope you're doing fine. Tell Nicknyte (if you still see him that is) he sucks and I will still whoop his ***, even after not playing Brawl for months :p

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
[14:19] rugoodat: for some reason
[14:19] rugoodat: ive been really liking watching ken play
[14:19] xroflmaowtfx: ***** you best be talkin about survivor
[14:19] rugoodat: hes so good at getting people to do what he wants them to do
[14:20] xroflmaowtfx: ........
[14:20] xroflmaowtfx: ***** you best be talkin about survivor
[14:20] rugoodat: -_-

Hyori

Smash Rookie
Hello, Arizona.
I just transferred over here to the University of Arizona. Are there many talented players present? I have been told about three professional players (Forward, Taj, and Wobbles) but I hear that they are not in my vicinity. None of my new friends here play Smash, so I would like to get some competition. I am nowhere near a professional level, but I like to think I am competent. Is there anybody willing to travel to campus to play with me?

-Hyori

Junpappy

Smash Lord
How many people in the Tempe/Phoenix area still play Melee? Are there still Melee tournaments in AZ? I'm thinking about moving to Tempe and this would actually influence my decision lol.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Hello, Arizona.
I just transferred over here to the University of Arizona. Are there many talented players present? I have been told about three professional players (Forward, Taj, and Wobbles) but I hear that they are not in my vicinity. None of my new friends here play Smash, so I would like to get some competition. I am nowhere near a professional level, but I like to think I am competent. Is there anybody willing to travel to campus to play with me?

-Hyori
Well Forward lives the closest to you of those 3. He lives in Tucson too.

There is a tournament in Sierra Vista coming up next week on the 10th: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208174

And maybe look back back a few pages and PM some Tucson players or at least find out who we are, there are a few of us that would love to play.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
Hello, Arizona.

-Hyori
nice, id be willing to play ya :)
maybe some time if im ever in tucson, definitely would be fun. always enjoy playing someone new.

Dibs on the cute new girl!
*sigh* if anything, Forward or myself would be best, we are the best looking smashers in AZ!!

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
yo id be willing to smash with anyone, not to discriminate but id probably only be able to smash with someone around my age (highschool age) cause my parents wouldnt let someone ten years older than me in my house in fear of bro **** :( anyways if someone wants to smash pm me and we should be able to set something up maybe sometime soon...

Hyori

Smash Rookie
Well Forward lives the closest to you of those 3. He lives in Tucson too.

There is a tournament in Sierra Vista coming up next week on the 10th: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208174

And maybe look back back a few pages and PM some Tucson players or at least find out who we are, there are a few of us that would love to play.
Are there any tournaments hosted on campus or anywhere within bicycling distance? I am only here for this semester, so I do not have any method to travel elsewhere.

Dibs on the cute new girl!
What does 'dibs' mean? :confused:

*sigh* if anything, Forward or myself would be best, we are the best looking smashers in AZ!!
It sounds like you have what I like to call a 'man crush' :laugh:. I am just kidding.

What game do you play btw?
Is that question directed towards me? I play all games from the Super Smash Bros. series. I am also a fan of StarCraft, Maple Story, Tekken, and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I wish i had as much help as hyori is getting when i first started posting on smash forums...

anyways u could porobably find some smashers in the u of a, not sure how good they are though.

CHUK

Smash Ace
'Hey I'm new' 'oh becuz of your sex can I objectify u' 'sure that sounds grand, I came to a gaming community for a dating service' 'I knew it!' '>.>'

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I wish i had as much help as hyori is getting when i first started posting on smash forums...

anyways u could porobably find some smashers in the u of a, not sure how good they are though.
When I started, I had to host to get some action. I walked there uphill both ways in the snow.

Fun times.

Ok......... So Brawl, I hear thats fun!
the **** out.

get there.

; )

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I really doubt Hyori is a girl.

It's probably just a dude who loves Hyori Lee. Jeeze, chill out.

Top Bottom