• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Who is all going to the historic Smash64 tournament tomorrow? I think it is the first big one in Arizona. PS the vids will be today (from Atomic Comics).

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
i would go but i gotta go visit my girl up in suncity. make sure you record everything, commentary would be the **** to :)

yay on the vids finally coming up. took ya long enough... :p

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Brawl+ is pretty awesome. I really like what I've played of it so far. Would anyone else like to playtest some settings / Brawl around with it?

I've got all of this coming week off from work and school, so I gotsa hang out a bunch.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea. It's pretty much Brawl without all the stuff that makes it suck. :)

Wave dashing alone adds SOOO much to the game. I feel like I can move in Brawl again with it. The games is way better off with it.

Let's face it. Everyone wanted Brawl to be Melee 2.0. We wanted it to be essentially the same game, but with new graphics, new characters, and a new metagame. But that's not what we got. Brawl+ is what Brawl should have been.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Our configuration in NM is.
Lagless Edges
No tripping
Unlimited Replay
Auto L-cancel
No auto sweetspot ledges
Hitstun 11.5
True Fastfall
Hacked Music
Pokemon Trainer Codes

Brawl + is hawt. :D

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lagless Edges and no auto sweetspot edges I haven;t played with yet. That would be pretty awesome I think. They both would add speed and options into the game, respectively.

What do you think about L-canceling versus Z-Canceling, though?

IE: Half lag from the cancel, or no-lag from the cancel? I haven't tried no-landing-lag, but I'm afraid of there being broken crap because of it.

I forget what hitstun we had it at too. Do you play with increased gravity? I really liked the gravity increase. Or is that what you meant by "true fastfall"?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No, we don't like the increased gravity because it makes some characters unplayabe(I.E. Sonic)

True fastfall, is where you fastfall, but just a lot faster. :D

S-Canceling(I think this is what you were talking about, with the shield popping up after every attack, making there be no lag at all.) is way too whacky, it completely warps the game. Our group doesn't like it, because it just is really way too busted.

The Melee Air Dodge also doesn't fit brawl. It just doesn't feel right. Like, i don't know how to explain it, but it just doesn't feel right.

Lagless edges and no auto sweetspot edges are so good, they put some skill back into the game. They also add incredible edgeguarding.

The true fastfall has nothing to do with the gravity increase :D

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I would totaly play Brawl+ with all of you, too bad we are all pretty far from each other.

On mine I'm running:
No Tripping
Unlimited Replay
Auto L-canceling
Hitstun 11.75
1.30 Downwards gravity
Pokemon Trainer codes
Pick any color
Unrestricted Pause camera

I'm having trouble with getting the my music modifier to work.

I played with lagless edges for awhile but decided to test some new stuff. Melee airdodging is pretty weird, I don't like it either.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I forgot to say that we also use dash canceling(into crouch.) Which is also hot. :D

The thing is with gravity it completely makes some characters trash.

Just goto the brawl + thread and get the true fastfall code and use that instead. :D

Our group is pretty happy with our rule set, we are just waiting on shield stun, and then we are set pretty much(dash dancing would be hot too. :D)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for a true powershielding code.

Yeah the gravity does make some characters poo poo, I'm just really trying to figure out the music modifier code.

I did ask if they were working on a no footstool jumping code, that would be nice.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I'm waiting for a true powershielding code.

Yeah the gravity does make some characters poo poo, I'm just really trying to figure out the music modifier code.

I did ask if they were working on a no footstool jumping code, that would be nice.
Really? I for one like footstool jumping.

I don't know how to work any of it though, I don't have brawl or twilight princess, we have it all on Alphabravo's wii.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Eh, footstool jumping wasn't as a bad addition as tripping, but it is a little unnecessary. Maybe if they at least took out aerial footstool jumping, I would be happy.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
I gotta give brawl+ a try sometime.

but i still feel that modding the game will only lead to "if i do this 1 more thing it will be even better" until we warp it into an unrecognizable mess of random techs from different fighting games.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I gotta give brawl+ a try sometime.

but i still feel that modding the game will only lead to "if i do this 1 more thing it will be even better" until we warp it into an unrecognizable mess of random techs from different fighting games.
I for one totally support the Valle CC in Brawl.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
That pretty much IS the problem with Brawl+ right now. There's so many options that there isn't any standard. Everyone plays something different.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Brawl+ is more man than regular Brawl will ever be.

But some standards do need to be set, there really needs to be an actual sub-forum under the Brawl section for Brawl+

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I was at gamecrazy today and they told me they are having a big sf tourney for when the game gets released, 1st prize is some 200$ arcade stick "specifically calibrated by Capcom to match the Arcade". I feel I should get into street fighter seriously since I doubt anyone else really good will be going to some tourney ran at a local gamestore. Anyone in Phoenix wanna play some sf with me?

Northbound

Smash Rookie
Stats and I play 3s from time to time but we're (he) is really looking for to sf4. If you have any questions, you should ask him since he's really good and i kinda suck.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Stats and I play 3s from time to time but we're (he) is really looking for to sf4. If you have any questions, you should ask him since he's really good and i kinda suck.
Where are you guys in Phoenix? We need to set something up sometime. I really wanna play some sf now.

CHUK

Smash Ace
this is so rediculous that ppl are modding brawl so much to be like this other game I know that is pretty cool...with jc shines :D

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I like my rule set for Brawl+ right now.

Auto L-Cancel
Hitstun 10%
Gravity 1.15
Wavedash ON
No Tripping
No Jab/Laser Lock
Triple Jump Fix

That is a bit of codes but setting the standard for a tourney would be easy since SD cards can be put into different systems and don't need to be in once the game is on.

I am actually thinking about doing a tourney for it soon.

The biggest problem is the really the concept of modding the game. Most people, myself included, hated the concept but loved the game once played.

forward

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who doesn't like Brawl +? Melee is good when you play it like melee, and Brawl is good when you play it like Brawl, but this is nasty hybrid of the two, it just doesn't feel natural. We're playing god and creating an ugly mutant, it hates life, and it speaks to us in a soft, weak voice, "kill... me..."

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who doesn't like Brawl +? Melee is good when you play it like melee, and Brawl is good when you play it like Brawl, but this is nasty hybrid of the two, it just doesn't feel natural. We're playing god and creating an ugly mutant, it hates life, and it speaks to us in a soft, weak voice, "kill... me..."
Smashers aren't very good at playing God. Sometimes, they're not even very good at playing Smash.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
Where are you guys in Phoenix? We need to set something up sometime. I really wanna play some sf now.
North lives near 19th Ave. & Greenway, while I live near 19th Ave. & Dunlap. Where are you?

Oh, and that $200 stick you were talking about? It'll be $150, it comes out when SF4 does, and it has the exact same (read: EXACTLY THE SAME) parts as the japanese arcade cabinets. Only really worth it if you can play well on stick.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I disagree, Sean. I think Brawl is the one that plays clunky and weird. The game penalizes you for moving. What kind of game does that?! It felt natural to me to wave dash in Brawl+. Like I can finally move again. And removing tripping means you can actually dash dance again.

The game seemed like less bull**** to me, essentially. Win or lose, I feel good after a game of Melee. I can be impressed by players of high skill and the things they do. There was none of that in Brawl. I wasn't impressed by anything. Win or lose, I felt bad after Brawl matches. Like even if I won, I didn't get a satisfactory "I was better than that person for that match" feeling. Instead, I got a "wow, I managed to BS him out 3 lives faster than he did me."

Even while getting beaten by Light's freakin' annoying Peach in Brawl+ (I <3 you, though, Brad) I had fun playing Brawl+.

Essentially I think you should come into it with the mindset of playing Melee 2.0, not Brawl+. The entire philosophy behind it isn't to make Brawl "just better" as the name Brawl+ implies, but rather "more like Melee". Remember what we all were anticipating Brawl to be before it came out? That's the game we're trying to create.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
North lives near 19th Ave. & Greenway, while I live near 19th Ave. & Dunlap. Where are you?

Oh, and that $200 stick you were talking about? It'll be $150, it comes out when SF4 does, and it has the exact same (read: EXACTLY THE SAME) parts as the japanese arcade cabinets. Only really worth it if you can play well on stick.
I'm on 44th and Osborne. Hrgh, that's about a 25 minute drive. I could probably still find a ride out there, it's not too ridiculous.

I wasn't too far off. I got the stick part right.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I like my rule set for Brawl+ right now.

Auto L-Cancel
Hitstun 10%
Gravity 1.15
Wavedash ON
No Tripping
No Jab/Laser Lock
Triple Jump Fix

That is a bit of codes but setting the standard for a tourney would be easy since SD cards can be put into different systems and don't need to be in once the game is on.

I am actually thinking about doing a tourney for it soon.

The biggest problem is the really the concept of modding the game. Most people, myself included, hated the concept but loved the game once played.
Turn wavedash off. It makes too many characters too strong.

Brawl+ is for casual players. I like playing it, but when I am getting ready for a real tournament, I play one of the original games. They help you more than brawl+ does.

Brawl+ is a hybrid, but it is what people were wanting Brawl to be when it first came out. Its just letting people be happy. :/ But, I don't care for it anymore, it had a while where it was really cool and awesome, and than I just went back to normal brawl, and had just as much fun.

Brawl+ will only be good for a short while :D

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
What is the point of making Brawl more like Melee when you won't get it perfect and you already have Melee there, which has a more legit scene than Brawl+ ever will?

Like seriously, I would rather play Brawl than some sorry excuse for the game I love. That means a LOOOOOOOTTTTTTT coming from me.

Top Bottom