• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Phoenix is a big place, Northbound. Where about do you live? Like major cross roads.

You know what? We should resurrect the "Where the **** do you live" topic, we've got a lot of new smashers.

Elysium

Smash Lord
So the Gamecrazy on Mesa Drive and Southern is holding a trny starting at 8. They said it's Melee, and that there's "prizes". As far as I know there's only one competitive player even remotely close to that place and I don't think he's going to that one. I wonder if one of the "prizes" is a copy of Brawl. Games are so much better when you get them free.

I just hope that it's not 2 min time limit matches and all that. Though I suppose it would be easy to win a timed match against some casual kids. Missile Spam and run away!.... Even better...Missile Spam on Hyrule! First place here I come. :laugh:

Anyway thats still 4 hours to run some trnys...and since Mesa Drive is in the Barrio of Mesa I don't think a lot of people will be there.... let alone serious smashers.

Edit: Sorry didn't see your post Axe. Those Acrobatics was awesome... Though I thought your Pikachu was going to be a lot crazier but hey, it's still better than I can do.

Edit2: Isma, why does everyone think your a haxxor? :laugh:

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
no just AZenith

EDIT: Nicknyte are you going to the gamestop on campbell for midnight release then? if so, same here. oh and I live in the foothills (the place a lot of ppl hate)
Lol the place alot of ppl hate, anyway. Anyway anyone going to the gamestop on swan? Matt if u still want we can do the allnighter but i will have a friend who is staying with me soo i might try to convince him to go...

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
Lol the place alot of ppl hate, anyway. Anyway anyone going to the gamestop on swan? Matt if u still want we can do the allnighter but i will have a friend who is staying with me soo i might try to convince him to go...
ya no prob, if you wanna come over to my house after you pick up your copy then you can. idc if he sleeps over to. EDIT: and you should come over earlier that day, like at 12. you can bring your friend to

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
ya no prob, if you wanna come over to my house after you pick up your copy then you can. idc if he sleeps over to. EDIT: and you should come over earlier that day, like at 12. you can bring your friend to
kk sweet. Ill ask him when he gets here. I might camp out at the swan location too so after i get my copy i will come over...

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I'm not too concerned. I'll stomp them all. Matt, I was talking about the tournament. I might be going to a diffy store for Brawl, but Ill inform you if there is a change.

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
So many tourneys, so little time

It seems a lot of stuff is happening this weekend. For those who can't decide:

Play N Trade in Chandler will host a BRAWL tournament on Saturday, March 8 6pm to 12am. That's hours before our midnight release of BRAWL. The rules are to be determined, but pass on some ideas if you're currently playing the Japanese version.

I need to find a quick way to unlock all characters in 24 hrs. Maybe all stages allowed. No item? double elimination. 4 players per Wii, Best 2 advance. Must bring your own controllers.

For those who pre-ordered BRAWL, will have free entry to this tourney. Otherwise, it's $5 to pre-register and $10 day-of.

We're limiting this to 64 players.

Prizes: Simple. Top 3 players will receive a copy of BRAWL.

We will have Melee and 64 running for those who want some RETRO.

www.playntrade.com/chandler
480.726.PLAY

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too concerned. I'll stomp them all. Matt, I was talking about the tournament. I might be going to a diffy store for Brawl, but Ill inform you if there is a change.
k nice, I just wanna be able to play people in melee while im waiting. So I was thinking of bringing controllers a mem card and a copy of melee in case some people wanted to play(seeing that there is a tv open for playing), butttt idk who's going to the one on campbell. AZenith, you said a lot of people are going to the campbell one, but i havent seen anyone say they are.

virtuososteve

Smash Apprentice
Play'n'Trade Super Smash Melee Tournament on Saturday March 8, at 5-6pm

1st: Brawl & $75 store credit
2nd: Brawl & $50 store credit
3rd: Brawl & $25 store credit

$10 entry fee
$15 day of Sign up in store

Midnight release of Brawl

any questions call
(480) 883-0787

Located across from Hamilton High