• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Noctournez

Smash Cadet
April 23rd, registration starts at noon.

Here be the thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299876

also check out our club thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249301
thanks man I'll give it a look. Just talked with mi madre..Since I just moved out here I gotta be finding work. But things look good for me being able to drive since this is in a month, it'll give me some time to prepare and save up. The only thing i'd like to ask is for training again..if anyone would like to meet up for a few matches maybe tomorrow or whenever this weekend, i would be more than happy to drive out and meet with you guys.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Noc. I got your gas covered. If you go, I wont ride with you going up, but I will ride with you coming back. Ill pay for food and gas.

P.S. What is your number Noctournez?

Noctournez

Smash Cadet
Noc. I got your gas covered. If you go, I wont ride with you going up, but I will ride with you coming back. Ill pay for food and gas.

P.S. What is your number Noctournez?
i won't post my cell up on here, just ask for it on aim. same for everyone else just pm me if you need my number.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
LOL, we've got a smasher called "Noc" too, but he's a Falcon main.

Sounds great man, I'll leave ya to get in touch with the rest of AZ and see who can come, thnx!!

btw, were you planning to leave the Friday before? It's about a 12 hour drive, not sure if you wanna split it up or do it all in one sitting, you can have people take turns.
Also, be careful not to fall asleep when driving through West Texas, its BOOOOOORRRRINNNGG, and bring passports just in case you accidentally cross into Mexico.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
LOL, we've got a smasher called "Noc" too, but he's a Falcon main.

Sounds great man, I'll leave ya to get in touch with the rest of AZ and see who can come, thnx!!

btw, were you planning to leave the Friday before? It's about a 12 hour drive, not sure if you wanna split it up or do it all in one sitting, you can have people take turns.
Also, be careful not to fall asleep when driving through West Texas, its BOOOOOORRRRINNNGG, and bring passports just in case you accidentally cross into Mexico.
How do you run into Mexico going on the 10? That's just Ryoga/Zoro tier Misdirection. lol

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
lol, well, when my sis and I drove from Houston to Yellowstone we went through El Paso and came right along the border, like, one missed turn and we'd have been in it, but we turned north towards Flagstaff from there.
speaking of which, the drive is pretty easy from Tuscon, just 10 all the way until you hit San Antonio, then you take 35N.

*edit*

strike that, its faster if you take 290 from 10.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
PR's updated.. I have a unique idea.. that Im sure you'll all like... also.. Updating the OP to make it look prettier... etc...!

thot you'd all wanna take a gander etc....

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Great job, Tim!! You did an excellent job running the PR discussion, getting everyone needed for it to happen, and making sure it got done.

Don't forget to change the (Updated: Pending) to (Updated: 3/24/11) :D

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
even though it *may* look the OP look uglier
i think you should put a section, or at least, some sort of mention for people who were recently removed for inactivity (i.e. Forward, Taj, Jetfour)

so people don't go in and say like
wtf, where's taj

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yo, make me rank zero and say my jersey is retired.
Yea this lol.

Elvis rank 0 doesn't have to mean better than everyone else on this but just that they're a legend to the community type of thing.

Anyways the list is mostly good but I have a few small problems with it.

Also, @ Joey it just means that he was close to making it but that he didn't quite.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Spencer, I was joking. :D I know what Rank 0 is, check the SV thread. I'm currently #1. lol

Brian doesn't need to be at Heart. He was at the same tournament with Angel. If you feel compelled, put him not on the list or inactive players.

If he beats Shiv at a tournament, then, hey, he can be on there.

Ryougi

Smash Rookie
Rubyiris @ 4? Isn't that kid bad? All I see from him is getting falcon punched by forward, gimped gloriously by Tai, and being kneegalize comboed by GG7. The rest of AZ must be really ****ing bad if someone so well-known for getting his *** kicked is top 5.

ZERO POSTS. DAS WUSSUP.

Btw I'm a Tai/Taj fanboy/shipper.

FATHERSON LOVE BAYBEE.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Sorry it's taking me so long to have the OP completely updated, but Im thinking of how I want to format it all etc....

Sure I'll put a "retired" status next to Forward, in inactive.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I. Power Rankings
II. Inactive Players
III. At Heart
IV. Smasher by City
a. Smasher that is competitive or plays for fun or both
V. Upcoming Tournaments
VI. Breakdown of Current events

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@Nicknyte, I have most of that format down, except for the "smasher that is competetive, plays for fun concept. Also I have a "social thread section" as well, I've yet to push Submit, cuz i'm still cmpleting the formatting... while watching listening to the "AXE" Effect lol :p

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Only one line of dots. I am proud of you :D

I think it's key because, lets be honest.

Axe, Vectorman, Nicknyte, Tommy, Spencer, RubyIris, Jane, Silly Kyle

Tim, I could never see you playing a scrub for hours and have fun.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i think it's xander, too
sounds like xander
plus xander just got banned

edit: It's definitely Xander. I just checked his other posts, and the only other one is one expressing his penchant for Melty Blood.

Wheres MB up in there? ****ing so much more difficult than the vast majority of the games listed there.
Also, Ryougi is the name of a Melty Blood character, which happens to be Xander's favorite MB/KNK character.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
It's Xander because DAS WASSUP is something Xander commonly says. Dissing himself is also something he commonly does.

Anyways, I might play serious at next tournament woo. Good thing I'll still suck lol.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Lol. Ruby, U can't hide. :D

BTW, I am going to go ahead and proclaim that I will be doing my best to be a severe contender as one of the best in the state, so I may have to pass the N00bgate to someone else. Maybe Southpaw. :3

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Only problem with me playing serious is that the only thing I'll have had practiced with leading up to the tournament is...

Sean's Pikachu.....

:|

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I. Power Rankings
II. Inactive Players
III. At Heart
IV. Smasher by City
a. Smasher that is competitive or plays for fun or both
V. Upcoming Tournaments
VI. Breakdown of Current events
Only one line of dots. I am proud of you :D

I think it's key because, lets be honest.

Axe, Vectorman, Nicknyte, Tommy, Spencer, RubyIris, Jane, Silly Kyle

Tim, I could never see you playing a scrub for hours and have fun.
lol so based off your spectrum... I'm the ONLY player that plays in a competetive ONLY mindset w/no fun... while Rubyiris, SK, you, Axe know how to have fun and be competetitive? iirc, you recently became much more motivated than normal. :p

Im unsure of whether to be honored or offended. :p but I'll take it. Still in theory the spectrum that would fit me, isn't even in your breakdown. Inactive, but not retired yet is the closest mine can really have.

EDIT: Challenger approaches. (well returns)

SmurfyEXE will be making a return. HYPE! <3 (Let's see what he can do. Hopefully get himself noted and on the PR)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
lol so based off your spectrum... I'm the ONLY player that plays in a competetive ONLY mindset w/no fun... while Rubyiris, SK, you, Axe know how to have fun and be competetitive? iirc, you recently became much more motivated than normal. :p

Im unsure of whether to be honored or offended. :p

Sorry Tim, that was totally intentional why I didn't add you to the fun list. Lawl.

iirc, you recently became much more motivated than normal. :p
U take that back. I'm Suing.

Top Bottom