• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

CHUK

Smash Ace
Still going to Goops, but a bit later.

Also, since my parents are some of those paranoid bunch, my mom wants to step inside to just see what is happening. As long as she is there then, please refrain drop dropping f-bombs every 5 seconds and what not. Act somewhat mature is all I can really ask for. Once she is gone, I could care less what the hell happens.
Now would be a good time to hide the meth lad in your bedroom Manny...
wait there is one in there too. >.>
I will not be here today.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
AZ smash seems to have suddenly revived. And thanks for all the help on Wednesday Forward, I really appreciate it.

forward

Smash Champion
Cutmet: Dude, did my bro call you? He was supposed to, I gave him your number. If not oh well, you will see him tomorrow.

OMG the foothills location has capped the tourney at 100 people and they filled it up, and even have people on reserve. Why can't we ever get a tournament like that?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
No I don't think I got any calls, I'll see if I can find him tomorrow though. Dang that's a load of people, if we want more tucson smashers you can just tell all of them about smashboards.

And my ride is dropping my off at PlayNTrade at around 10, I can't get there at any other time. So I'll be there if anyone arrives really early.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Alright, results of El Con PnT tourney

1. Phillipe (AZenith) Copy of Brawl and $30 Gift Card
2. Elvis (Nicknyte) $25 Gift Card.
3. James (APinnacle)
3. Alvin (CutMet)

lol. Good matches. Bet half of yall didn't think that NICKNYTE was gonna get 2nd, huh?

Edit: Fixed the names and fixed Alvin's names. Im sorry ;_;.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Hey James' smash name is like APinnacle or something lol. He just came up with one to tell that little kid working for the newspaper.

Edit:Everyone has their name then their smash name, except me.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I saw him and played like half a friendly with him, we talked for a while there but he left early.

S

skygoing

What's up guys. I'm a noob to the site and just got back from the PnT tourney. Moved to Tucson in August and aside from a 3 day visit back to the East Coast over Christmas today was the first time I've had real people to play against since moving. Needless to say I lost in round one but had fun and would love to meet up with other people (college or older, preferably) that I can Smash with from time to time.

Congrats to AZenith, N@nyte and "APinnacle" ::laughs::

SKY

S

skygoing

Sorry Man, Congrats to CutMet too! :)

I was wearing a RedSox hat and Sweatshirt (later ditched it for short sleeves) and hanging around AZenith and James on and off. I played a guy named Chris, I think and we had a pretty tight match going, but I'm just too dang rusty right now.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
The PnT Tournament was my first tournament ever. Naturally, I lost in round one, but I met some really cool people and I did manage to beat 2 guys in a scrimmage. Actually, the official match was the only one i lost.

Human0

Smash Rookie
Hey im new to the tournament scene. My first tournament was the PnT, i lost to Alvin (Cutmet) in the top 8 at Elcon location (i was the guy who was sheik, shorts and a keyboard t-shirt, pissed off elvis's friend if that gives u any idea who i was). Are there any regular tournaments in tucson or any coming up? My friends and I would really like to get involved.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
Hey im new to the tournament scene. My first tournament was the PnT, i lost to Alvin (Cutmet) in the top 8 at Elcon location (i was the guy who was sheik, shorts and a keyboard t-shirt, pissed off elvis's friend if that gives u any idea who i was). Are there any regular tournaments in tucson or any coming up? My friends and I would really like to get involved.
heyy its me, the ness guy on the first round. Anyway, the same goes for me, the tournaments are really funn and id like to romp with ness someday, id really like to get into the tournament scene.

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
ya im new to, i was that loud green mario kid (with the green sweatshirt) playing elvis going "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH". you did pretty good though i think you got to the semi finals or quarter finals, i cant remember which. But i have no idea about any regular tournaments i kinda wanna know to.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I know who Human0 and fridayslobster are. I saw both of them and talked to them a bit. Human0 remembers who I am. fridayslobster I was that guy who asked your mario playing friend if he could JC grabs and SHFFL. I play Falcon and am Asian, not sure if you remember me.

Edit:mattc1231 is the Mario I was talking about.

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
I know who Human0 and fridayslobster are. I saw both of them and talked to them a bit. Human0 remembers who I am. fridayslobster I was that guy who asked your mario playing friend if he could JC grabs and SHFFL. I play Falcon and am Asian, not sure if you remember me.
IM THAT MARIO KID!!! ya im at my friends house (the one who played ness and was also asian). he remembers you to, mainly cause of your red shirt hah oh and my friend that played marth also recognizes you. wait do you go to CFSD school district?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I go to the TUSD school district. The school I go to is University high school if you know where that is, and apparently I get to be in the school newspaper because I placed third.

Yea and I played Human0 in the quarter finals and won. He was good though.

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
I go to the TUSD school district. The school I go to is University high school if you know where that is, and apparently I get to be in the school newspaper because I placed third.

Yea and I played Human0 in the quarter finals and won. He was good though.
lucky, for a first tournament for me this was fun, mainly that match against elvis. It was just smack talk all the way through haha.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Well this tournament had a lot more good players than I thought there would be considering it's a game store tournament. Smack talk is fun as long as your opponent can handle it, I remember taunting a load of times in my first match.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
Well this tournament had a lot more good players than I thought there would be considering it's a game store tournament. Smack talk is fun as long as your opponent can handle it, I remember taunting a load of times in my first match.
Yeah, the enviornment was really cool and there was no conflict whatsoever and everyone was really nice, but i was dissapointed i got eliminated the first round and i wouldve liked to show my skills a bit more.
[lame_excuse] Bad luck getting a good sheik player first round [/lame_excuse].

By the way, I totally remember you CutMet, you were the first player I saw scrimmaging and we talked later. I was dissapointed to see you and the sheik player, brian, facing off in the quarter finals because I was rooting for you both lol.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
hahahahah i was doing so good i just was taunting while he was attacking me it was sad. i must say it felt amazing though, especially since mario's taunt is a long one. hah ya in my match with elvis we were both dishin out smack talk. later tonight i'll post the video one of my friends took of the match, you dont see much playing but its funny.

EDIT: This is actually mattc1231's post, he just forgot to logout of my account.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
O thanks I didn't know I had anyone rooting for me. Well I hope you got in a lot of friendlies if you wanted to show your skills.

I think you posted on your friend's account Matt, but yea I saw you taunting against that Link player must have been satisfying.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Lol, I'm sure he's not too pissed. It was his first tourney too.

ya im new to, i was that loud green mario kid (with the green sweatshirt) playing elvis going "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH". you did pretty good though i think you got to the semi finals or quarter finals, i cant remember which. But i have no idea about any regular tournaments i kinda wanna know to.
I got to the finals and won 2nd XD Sorry I kicked you in that match. Friggin Luigi Taunt hits are awesome.

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
I got to the finals and won 2nd XD Sorry I kicked you in that match. Friggin Luigi Taunt hits are awesome.
haha i was just trying to avoid it i didnt want that. my friend actually got a good amount of our play time on camera, its bright though and the quality on youtube probably wont transfer well but im about to upload it.

EDIT: ya Cut, i was rootin for you once i got eliminated oh and i got a really good friendly of you Vs that guy in the light pink shirt idk his name but it was a good match. i'm gonna upload it when this ones finished of me and Elvis.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
dude srsly i thought that end match was so intense at the end, however I was slightly distracted by the kid playing guitar hero at the end.

Top Bottom