• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
All you naysayers (I'm one of them) just wait for a few months. I'm not saying things will get better, but no one has the right or ability to analyze the game at this point. With only a few thousand people playing it, for a whopping 3 days, of course Brawl's going to be stupid and bland. Metagames take time to develop and evolve. Melee was no where near its current state upon release (though arguably the community has generally aged since then.

Anyway, anyone working or playing on a modded Wii? I'm just finishing mine up now. Hopefully I'll be playing in a few.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Best post ever: "I've just played Brawl and my first impression is that It. Is. Not. Meant. For. Competitive. Play. Sorry!"

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
u cant fast fall moves very well, and if u do its not much of a noticeble difference

much lag after attacks to even combo,

sheild barely works; have to click the button all the way down until u hear the click for it to even sheild, by then i get hit before i even pull up my sheild cause it takes longer for it to come up when im trying to block at the last second,

airdodging system sucks; airdodging is pretty useless to dodge a attack or trying to recover in some ways,

hard to land hits the way u want them to,

cant dashdance in different directions, if u want to u can only go in short spurts in 1 direction,
random tripping which u fall for no apparent reason,

with captain falcon i did a standard move which should combo in melee; n-air i popped him up a little and back a bit, then i ran and did a fastfalling u-air, but i couldnt do anything afterwords cause the lag from that u-air stopped me from doing anything and couldnt even land another attack.

the list can go on for a little bit. but the game is still pretty fun, but this is my speculation on my 1st impression of the game. i may play it some more today, see if anything is different.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, don't try to use your same combos from melee and get angry when it doesn't work, lol. Try to find new stuff.

Btw, brawl party, anyone? Come now, share the love.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
This blows...I thought brawl had at least one good thing going for it...I guess having pretty graphics is one, right...right? no. ahh....

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
This blows...I thought brawl had at least one good thing going for it...I guess having pretty graphics is one, right...right? no. ahh....
I don't know, the graphics are pretty nice...we can look at them while we play because its so fun...forgive me for my negativity...I.....I am just so disappointed at this game...Melee got ***** 4 stock, Game set, no rematch....Oh well. Brawl better be a knee slappin good time.:laugh:

I don't know...playing the *** version of the game seems weird...I feel like...I feel like Sakurai is laughing at me...I bet its gonna be good times though.;)

CHUK

Smash Ace
Who are you guys looking forward to paly as in brawl... Olimar ftw, oh and ppl say he might be good take that *****es.

Knightmare

Smash Cadet
I'm already playing it and maining Lucas. I already learned some good combos with him and feel pretty confident. True and natural masters learn quickly and adapt to a game instead of whine that their old combos don't work. Of course they don't work. It's a new game with new physics. Learn new combos and mak them yourself. A lot of you new guys just watched other people play melee and just copied what other people did. Most of the combos you used, you got watching someone else, you didn't make them yourself. Now is your chance to create combos that other people will copy. Be a leader.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
I'm already playing it and maining Lucas. I already learned some good combos with him and feel pretty confident. True and natural masters learn quickly and adapt to a game instead of whine that their old combos don't work. Of course they don't work. It's a new game with new physics. Learn new combos and mak them yourself. A lot of you new guys just watched other people play melee and just copied what other people did. Most of the combos you used, you got watching someone else, you didn't make them yourself. Now is your chance to create combos that other people will copy. Be a leader.
That was beautiful, man.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
(Reporting from SV) This is Masta Deltron or Da Blackknight

U may know Axe of course who has proven himself worth to be in AZ ranks well....everyone has returned to the ranks of sv for brawl and we look for to challengers not whiners for all of those who said brawl is not comp. ur crazy i man look at melee it was nothig until somebody messed up an airdodged at th ground and found a new tech. So i don wanna here that **** about this game not being good cause that is the next step i the legacy of smash and we must embrace it and lean a new way...

Its a matter of time until ome ungodly tech. is invented cause after i learned to wavedash i learned that anything is possible if u put ur heart into it. AXE showed that our small town has passion for this game Thnks to MR. J (sadly) and turnup we found our way an we are going to be the top of the ranks Cause SV has stepped up to the challenge are u guys? and all i have to ask is

ARE U READY.....?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord

U may know Axe of course who has proven himself worth to be in AZ ranks well....everyone has returned to the ranks of sv for brawl and we look for to challengers not whiners for all of those who said brawl is not comp. ur crazy i man look at melee it was nothig until somebody messed up an airdodged at th ground and found a new tech. So i don wanna here that **** about this game not being good cause that is the next step i the legacy of smash and we must embrace it and lean a new way...

Its a matter of time until ome ungodly tech. is invented cause after i learned to wavedash i learned that anything is possible if u put ur heart into it. AXE showed that our small town has passion for this game Thnks to MR. J (sadly) and turnup we found our way an we are going to be the top of the ranks Cause SV has stepped up to the challenge are u guys? and all i have to ask is

ARE U READY.....?
Who are you?

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Like i said a member of Sierra Vista (town in nowhere) where forward, james, azienth, came down to visit us and smash

but u don know me but i will make myself known sooner or later

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

ARE U READY.....?
That was beautiful, man.

forward

Smash Champion
Brawl sucks: THE TOURNAMENT - Wednesday, Feb 6th

Mike (aka Yamer and Idaho) is hosting a brawl tournament tomorrow at 1pm. The entrance fee if $5 and food (not really about the food but it would be super cool :))

Call me for directions if you need them. 520-440-0491.

Items off
3 stock, 6 minute time limit
Stages will be Final Destination, Battlefield, PS1, yoshi's island (the new one), the good metroid stage, new star fox level, and animal crossing
The first stage will be chosen by winner of coin toss (unless we unlock random tonight.)

Light_

Smash Apprentice
SHANE! What's your friend code or whatever for Wii lol. Maybe we can play next time we go to Yamers, online. Yamer said it lagged big time but it might not if you play people in the same state.

Top Bottom