• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, B-Will. I'll MM your Luigi again. You should come down to Goop's tourney on the 16th. I can't recall you ever being in Phoenix, actually...

I have leveled up since last we fought.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Alright you guys, Sad day. I played this guy today that plays the most annoying fox I've ever played. All he did was spam Fox's laser from across the stage, and run from me until I was over 100%. I was playing Sheik so I figured use Zelda's neutral B to reflect the laser, and that worked for a little bit, but then he just used Speed to get the advantage. He beat me 2 outta 3, so I challenged him to a rematch next week. Anything you guys can suggest to overcome this?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Yes there is a strat, be more aggressive. You're just as fast as he is. Run after him. Also don't change into Zelda, unless its like the last life or something and you need the extra reach on her recovery.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
make sure you get some platform stages, charge up some needles and just throw them at him from above or just drop down to the base of the stage and throw some needles at him. dont just let him spam lasers at you, you got something to shoot at him too and u can avoid them.
look for openings when he comes at you, or even when hes shooting his lasers

Elysium

Smash Lord
His whole Strat was to run to one side of the stage, spam lasers, hit me with a dash attack then run to the other side and repeat. (He doesn't wavedash, he abuses the roll quite well actually)
After this killed me twice, Thats when I tried switching to Zelda and let him come to me but her lack of speed didn't work. So I switched back to Sheik and it started all over again.

Thanks for some tips you guys, I'll be sure to work on using the needles better.

Corigames

Smash Hero
At least I have something for that with Samus, spam spammity spam spam spam.

But, that doesn't affect you... I think. You do have a chozo account avatar...

Elysium

Smash Lord
I like playing samus, but I've never been able to get really good with her. You know after I lost the second match and I had to leave, I was kicking myself for not using someone with a lot of Projectiles like samus. I bet that would have thrown off his strat huh, but then again he has that reflector.

And I created this account when i was playing MP1 over again, and I just haven't changed it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
The cool thing about space animals using shine is that after the projectile hits, they have a time of lag where thye can't do anything (like normal move lag) especially JC the shine. So, what most everyone sho plays samus does against a fox or falco that shines the projectiles is, MC, jump over them, and then hit them right after the missile did with the shine looks glazed over.

AXE 09

Smash Master
cmon guys! don't you wanna go to the SV tourney on Saturday? it should be fun lol. i really wanna play all of you. and MM!! MM's, anyone?

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol Corey, that's no fair! then you'd get $10.

SV TOURNEY!!! everyone needs to go! please support my first tourney? i really want a good turnout

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hellz yeah gmo, i was gonna wait till tomorrow to tell you at your weekly. but i wanna go, if we are going, how are we getting there? if u arent gonna go, i might just fly there, but it depends on how early u can tell me that your goin or not

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
This excites me. We should talk about it tomorrow because I've got to work right now. FRY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Hay, hay, you, you.

G-Mo/Dark, if you go, can I please possibly catch a ride?

Will have gas money.

Preez?

heh, I'm just paranoid I won't get a ride ever since SCC .___.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
You guys won't drive to Pound 3. Seriously, that **** would drive you ****ing nuts. Driving from AZ to the East Coast is like brain damage. I mean my long legs could barely handle driving to OC3 with Greg. **** my tallness lol.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
You guys won't drive to Pound 3. Seriously, that **** would drive you ****ing nuts. Driving from AZ to the East Coast is like brain damage. I mean my long legs could barely handle driving to OC3 with Greg. **** my tallness lol.
Hm.. it's like, 30 something hours.

Although, we can probably get Greg/G-Mo's car to SWD a few times, so we'll get there in 5 :p

...You know, AFTER the car is repaired from massive damage done by hitting the ground so hard.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
SMASHFEST at my place this FRIDAY!

From 12pm to 12am.
12 hours of Smash in preparation for my tourney.

Come have fun,
you know you wanna.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Come anyways even if you don't enter. You can by the money match people or watch matches or buy food from me. There's lots to do!

Top Bottom