• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

CHUK

Smash Ace
I work at 5 on saturday, if you want to smash on sunday I would be up for it. I might make it for a few on saturday, but I might be chillin with some ppl so we will see.

Corigames

Smash Hero
You encountered a wild appartment!

Appartment uses RENT!
*it hurts itself and you don't pay rent until 2008

You use CONTRACT!
*it is a success

You tame Appartment!!!!!!

(Trent and I got a new appartment... many tournaments will happen... I hope)

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Attention AZ smashers

I would like to go to Cali this weekend (this friday, returning early on sunday) for the UCLA tournament... and I need 1-2 more person/people in order to be able to go. (but no more than 2)

Yes, you will be expected to have gas monies.

And yes, it will be hella fun

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
COTY! Can I go? Wait, any idea how much gas moneez?

But really, once you give me the okay, I'll ask my mom if I can go, and then I'll get that okay to you.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
gas monies...

round trip is 800 miles, my car gets approx. 30 mpg (on the highway), so i will need 26.7 gallons of gas to make it (not counting to and from our housing, etc.)... at an average price on gas of 3.10, that's about 83$ for gas... so if two people go, about $41 each, if three, about $27, hence why more is usually preferred.

Edit: after asking Zelgadis, he said gas in his area is around 3.40, which is NorCal, but still cali, so... that brings the prices up a tad, to about $86 total, i think

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I'd probably be able to go if someone else (other than Coty, of course) goes. I'm not sure. Numbers with dollar signs in front of them scare people under the age of 17.

ATTN PEOPLE: Can anyone give me a ride to the SV Tournament?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sorry, out of my price range. But I hope ends up being hella fun like you say... and make sure that "AZ is too good" is fully represented ;)

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
my bro looked up that UCLA tourney, and he wanted to go but after seeing the thread he doesnt wanna go any more.
reasons being; time constraint, there wont be any friendlies, so get right down to business, no pools, double elim. so what if you lose? lose 2 matches and thats it, your out of the tourney, no friendlies. whats the fun? i dunno, being away from home, going on a 800mile trip for nothing? doesnt sound fun to me

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
my bro looked up that UCLA tourney, and he wanted to go but after seeing the thread he doesnt wanna go any more.
reasons being; time constraint, there wont be any friendlies, so get right down to business, no pools, double elim. so what if you lose? lose 2 matches and thats it, your out of the tourney, no friendlies. whats the fun? i dunno, being away from home, going on a 800mile trip for nothing? doesnt sound fun to me
****, if Light doesn't go, I can't go. Cannot produce enough money to split the gas two ways between Coty and myself.

edit: I believe they have pools, actually. There's also time for friendlies before and after, but I think the no friendlies rule probably isn't as bad as it seems. There will probably be some extra TVs, so idk. There were more TVs at SAST2 than reported on the thread.

There's also some people on the later pages saying they'll bring TVs, but they just aren't on the front page.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
what he said is true... in the rules aesis says he's using the SCC rules for the RR's. and like neal said, the 'no friendlies' rule CANT mean no friendlies... mostly because there's inevitably going to run out of matches to play... during the last few rounds of the tournament (top 8 or so players) there are lots of open tv's for friendlies and such

im gonna wait for brad to message me with his answer =P ...any minute now...

Corigames

Smash Hero
Anyone interested in Pound? It's in Maryland in Feb., and I REALLY want to go. Alas, the location and time is also why I can't right now. Anyone for a field trip?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Agh, this is so fxxking ridiculous. (posted by Aesis at the UCLA thread)

* yes you can play friendlies but not during bracket, so YES it will be very boring if you get knocked out early but the faster you get knocked out the faster the tournament goes so all is well
* i am being extremely strict about this because i dont want any bullsht
* we are not doing pools

Yeah, I don't blame Brad for not wanting to go now. I'm kinda leaning to not going right now either. I don't want to go on a 750+ mile round trip to waste my time.

Also, I ordered a controller in the mail, because my current one is being screwy (STB and Jake are witnesses) so I probably wouldn't go without a well-working controller.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
Light posting:
I'm not going unless your going I guess. I don't wanna pay more. I guess it depends when the tournament ends and how much time will be left over for friendlies, but there are so many dam money matches for freaking 1 dollar so people will be kicked off anyways for friendlies because they are "doing a money match" .... for 1 freaking dollar. And like each person is doing 10 of them... It's too much. I just don't know if I wanna go or not...

AXE 09

Smash Master
This tournament seems disappointing. When Brad is disappointed, all is lost.
Which is why all of you should come to the SV tourney =D it's a lot closer, and the place will be open all day, so once it starts at 12:30, it can go on until 2 in the morning for all i care. i have the place all day. Plus, i wanna MM^^ if not, friendlies are still awesome

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Light posting:
I'm not going unless your going I guess. I don't wanna pay more. I guess it depends when the tournament ends and how much time will be left over for friendlies, but there are so many dam money matches for freaking 1 dollar so people will be kicked off anyways for friendlies because they are "doing a money match" .... for 1 freaking dollar. And like each person is doing 10 of them... It's too much. I just don't know if I wanna go or not...
I'll go if Brad goes, since I don't have much to do over the weekend. By the way, does anyone know if Coty has a cell phone?

What time shall we meet at Coty's? I get out of school at 2:15, but my mom doesn't get home to pick me up until like, 4.

My mom will not let me get out of school for this. That's an auto-no.

Also, I've mentioned in some other thread that I need my controller. I'll call Dark tomorrow when I check my mail and have worked everything out with my mom so he can tell Brad.

And then I don't know how we'll get in touch with Coty.

Yoko the wolf

Smash Cadet
I concur with AXE maXXpower. STB should try to go, it'll be epic. Also because I wanna play AXE. So maXXpower, I am placing all faith in you now.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'm working on it, Bry Bry. I need to replace the water filter on my carro, otherwise we're pretty ****ed if the engine overheats. I wanna go pretty badly, too. My dad says SV is a pretty nice town.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I'll go if Brad goes, since I don't have much to do over the weekend. By the way, does anyone know if Coty has a cell phone?

What time shall we meet at Coty's? I get out of school at 2:15, but my mom doesn't get home to pick me up until like, 4.

My mom will not let me get out of school for this. That's an auto-no.

Also, I've mentioned in some other thread that I need my controller. I'll call Dark tomorrow when I check my mail and have worked everything out with my mom so he can tell Brad.

And then I don't know how we'll get in touch with Coty.
Alright I guess we'll be going to the Tourney then. Um, I don't know when we'll be leaving, you'll have to talk to Coty about that. I think he changed his phone number so I have no idea what his number is anymore.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i dont have a cell, my house # is 602 283 4989

brad, what is the earliest that you can get here? make sure you call me before hand, i might have to pick tai up if we wanna leave early. if you wanna do some friendlies before we go, i get off work at 12 and will be home by 12:30 fo sho...

make sure you have gas monies WITH you (both of you)

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i dont have a cell, my house # is 602 283 4989

brad, what is the earliest that you can get here? make sure you call me before hand, i might have to pick tai up if we wanna leave early. if you wanna do some friendlies before we go, i get off work at 12 and will be home by 12:30 fo sho...

make sure you have gas monies WITH you (both of you)

Edit: wtf? double post ftl

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Pick me up from my house at around 3 :/

I need to check my mail for the controller. If it's not there, then I don't know, I may have to borrow one from somebody.

EDIT:

My mom's being a mom and she's telling me to ask you to pick me up at 4 because she wants to see me off before I go. By the way, what time on Sunday will we be back in AZ?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
according to google, it is 6.5 hours from my house to the venue... considering that wherever we stay could be up to another 30 minutes, then traffic here and there... if we leave at 4 we might get there at midnight... ouch...

but if you gotta you gotta... but by picking you up at four... thats picking you up... AT four... not five or ten after... exactly at four, pack your stuff tonight.

sunday im not sure about, but tell your mom to not freak out, because i have work at 5 am monday morning so im going to make sure we get back at a decent time

brad, whenever you wanna get here is fine (but i could use some friendlies), as long as its by 3 so we can put your stuff in then get to tai's place.

EDIT: i have a number that called me a few minutes ago under the name 'Vo Kimanh' its says its a louisiana area code (504) and i was wondering if anybody knew who that was?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Light posting:
Well I might not get there early like at 12 because I might be at Goops to practice with him and Dark Meow. I'll probably be there at 3 then.

Top Bottom