• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm bringing my own TV just for GH, so it won't take one up.

Besides, GH is the only way I can appease Alicia into letting smash take up two consecutive weekend afternoons. :)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, are you still smashing in Tempe? Cuz I can go to Tempe today, and I really really need to smash (withdrawals). Could I grab an address or place to be and all that if so ^.^

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dark Meow: Yea, we're all smashing at Goop's place today. Look in his public profile for information on where it is. Major crossroads are Mill and the 60.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sorry I couldn't rep Revo tonight guys, but I needed to sleep and then work on my school project... probably into morning tomorrow.

Hopefully I can show next time.

peace

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
It seems that some of the Revolution didn't make it either. I know this because of the pixels that from seeing Yamer and (girlfriend?) at STB House tonight. Good stuff today mangs.

We must do this match some other time. Soon.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yesterday was very fun. Thanks Manny for letting my raid your fridge and for the sandwich. Tony and Rob you guys r too nasty, I thought it was funny when Dan started messing with your Powerade and you suddenly did a forward throw with Mewtwo. You should get sponsored by Gatorade and get that flavor renamed to Shadow Juice.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Yesterday was very fun. Thanks Manny for letting my raid your fridge and for the sandwich. Tony and Rob you guys r too nasty, I thought it was funny when Dan started messing with your Powerade and you suddenly did a forward throw with Mewtwo. You should get sponsored by Gatorade and get that flavor renamed to Shadow Juice.
Or Taj Juice a.k.a Pimp Juice.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow AZ smashers, i am looking to see if there are any smashfests in the Tempe/Ahwatukee area. I'm not the greatest, but would really like to start smashing with some new people as I know it could only improve my game. If you wanna smash you can IM me at puketshirt on AIM, or eklatt1225 on yahoo. peace out!!!

Elysium

Smash Lord
Hello fellow AZ smashers, i am looking to see if there are any smashfests in the Tempe/Ahwatukee area. I'm not the greatest, but would really like to start smashing with some new people as I know it could only improve my game. If you wanna smash you can IM me at puketshirt on AIM, or eklatt1225 on yahoo. peace out!!!
Dude you just missed one over the weekend. Maybe Manny will be kind enough to host another one.... one where I don't get four stocked.... as often.

Forward Smash!..... More Forward Smash! I don't see Forward smashing. :laugh:

Seriously though, for a mostly casual I don't think I did too bad. I promise next time I'll do a bit better. I think I played like Shizzle for most of my matches. I looked at it like a learning experience so I'm taking what I saw and trying to implement it into my game. I think it's awesome that my Zelda was better than my Link... but then again kinda sad too.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zelda has a low roof though... there's only so much you can do with her. She's pretty much only got her toe and down-b. :) Plus you get hard countered by Fox and Marth, both very common characters.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Zelda has a low roof though... there's only so much you can do with her. She's pretty much only got her toe and down-b. :) Plus you get hard countered by Fox and Marth, both very common characters.
True, but I'm not a fan of the down-B. ;) Her neutral-B kinda fends off the laser spam from the Fox's and Falco's, but none-the-less I think she's fun to play. Besides if Taj can utterly destroy people with Mewtwo... and Rob can give Trent a run for his money with Pichu, It *has* to be possible with Zelda. :laugh:

But I had a bunch of fun playing all of you guys, i'm just sorry I couldn't give some of you a better challenge. But like you said Dan, there were some of the best players in the state there so...I don't feel too bad.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, Rang Flash. I have played MTG, but I didn't know that was a term from them. I pretty much use it for every game I play that has a system of counters. Come to think of it, I don't know where I picked up the term. Might have been MTG. Lol.

Goop has a couple decks. We should play sometime.

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Rang Flash. I have played MTG, but I didn't know that was a term from them. I pretty much use it for every game I play that has a system of counters. Come to think of it, I don't know where I picked up the term. Might have been MTG. Lol.

Goop has a couple decks. We should play sometime.
Hmmm... I see. Yes, in MTG the term "hard counter" refers to an unconditional counter. Kinda like how Shiek counters Link.

Top Bottom