• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ah thanks for clarifying that one :)
I don't think we ever met, but please take me seriously man. Making giant posts full of flaming, hateful, vengeful remarks will only incite more trolling at the very least and cause you to alienate yourself from everyone else. If he is really making you that mad, then stop talking to/about him and leave it be. If he's talking behind your back, he's going to continue to do that even after you make these comments. Haters gonna hate.

You think people don't talk **** about Mewtwoking? I've hear plenty of people saying he's an ***, but I never see him publicly dole out punches and threats. I mean, hell, just listen to some of the tournament commentary with people screaming in your ear "GET YO *** WHOOPED! WHERE YOU AT? GET *****!" Just shrug it off and keep it in mind the next time you play him. Call your jumps "Ihops" or something >_> Bacon cancel into a ihop pound cake rest.

@Nicknyte & others
Is there anyone willing to give me a ride to Tuscon for the UofA tournament on the 2nd? Otherwise, I have no way to get there without having to rent a car or something like that. I would, of course, be willing to supply gas fare and/or other compensation. If I do come, and there's room for it, I could bring one set-up of a GC, Game, and TV if need be.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Anything as slow as a falcon punch is about as practical as a falcon punch it seems. Maybe a setup into platform techchase? Though I would rather go for a dair in those scenarios.

Az is def the right place for multiple characters :D

I think the only competitive level characters we lack here would be Doc or Puff.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Alrighty Coreygames I will take your advice. Thanks for the input :D

Hehehehe inches.

Also Jet4. I wanna move to AZ and become a high level puff player :)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Corey makes a good point. People will always talk ish about someone, Xander. You can't change that about people. I have my own enemies as well, but if they say ish, I don't try to confront, because I simply don't care. I rather go on my way, being my own person, being me, and letting people accept that as who I am. If they don't like it, tough ******s, but at least I feel solid knowing I don't have to cater to people's thoughts of me. I'm loud, obnoxious, big, trolling, and lazy, but hey, if someone doesn't like that, oh well.

So in short, they will talk **** about you regardless. This is not how you "expose" someone, because people talk **** about other people all the time, including you and me. It's a human trait.

P.S. I am not sure if I am holding the July 2 tourney due to work, and also I live in SV, which is an hour south of Tucson. Where do you live?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Anything as slow as a falcon punch is about as practical as a falcon punch it seems.
Not only that, but you don't know if you activated it until the next time you use it. So you might whip out the grab and try to home in on someone just to find out that you still have the regular one. What I wanted to use it for is baiting people into double jumping, mostly Ganon or other slower characters, and then throwing it out there and catching them when they have to land. Tech chasing downthrows might also work fine.
I think the only competitive level characters we lack here would be Doc or Puff.
There's current Sami?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Toro? Lol, I was suppose to play him in, like, '07 or something. Wakka was always just that little bit better than me, but I didn't know anyone else that played Samus.

And now that the July 2nd tourney isn't happening, someone should hold an event so I can play people again. I'd do it, but I don't think I have the room in my apartment.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You'd body me??? Good luck bro.

At what point was I instigating **** by telling others my opinion of you? You are the one who came on here and started talking crap. I am telling you to grow up because you are rude and immature child who has to get things his way. You are not deconstructing my "flawed" opinion. At no point have you said what about my opinion is wrong, only that it is "dumb, ********, stupid, or worthless". And sure i will threaten to throw down. Because someone like you needs to get their *** kicked in my opinion. No I won't go hunting you down at Genesis, but I am merely telling you to watch what you say around me because I will throw you on your ***. I have no problem with **** talkers, hell I talk **** right back and laugh. But someone who insults me and everyone else for our opinions is just a ******* waiting to get punched.
I actually gave factual reasons why your reasons were flawed on several occasions. I don't mind opinions based on preference, but smashers' love for ihop is mostly unjustified. People talk about quality and customer service, when it's not ihop, but rather that specific store. I've been in horrible ihops with absolutely no service and awful food, and I've been in great ones. I've been in good and bad dennys, too. I've even gone to the same restaurant twice in the same day and gotten COMPLETELY difference service and food quality. In arizona, there are generally more dennys, in more convenient locations, the place has a larger menu, and everything is several dollars less expensive than the ihop equivalents. Furthermore, they ALWAYS offer unlimited pancakes @ $4 when ihop only has it seasonal for like $5~$8 depending on the kind you get, and sometimes only during times of the day during those seasons, but yes I also insulted you, and I don't plan on apologizing for that. I think you, and just about every smasher is ****ing stupid for choosing ihop for ****ing arbitrary reasons.

As for the other observations you've made about me: Most of them are far from the truth. I have never been the type of person who absolutely has to get everything my way. I come from an impoverished family, so I'm used to **** going south. I also lack talent in the things I love, so I'm used to having to train more, and work harder for my accomplishments. Sometimes I hit a brick wall and I ask for help (which generally goes badly since the majority of the united states can't read past the 4th grade, and most of SWF is USA lolol. Also this is a statistic. You're welcome to check out the census if you like.) Immaturity is also a non-issue. In the past, yeah I was an immature, lazyvnon-acheiver but the past two years have been COMPLETELY different. That's not just some bull**** either, the life decisions I've made, my change in attitude, and working my *** off are testaments to that. The only thing I will agree with is being rude. I'm tired of trying to be the better man. I have gone my ENTIRE life trying to be the polite, courteous man. The one who walks away from conflict, but instead of gaining respect, I've been **** on for it constantly in everything I have ever tried to be a part of. In every school, in the workforce, in every community, and I find that it's much easier to just be a realistic, blunt, tactless ******* to the vast majority of ****ing morons like you and the majority of the smash community in the world.

I really think that you're a fake piece of **** in all honesty, and I'll tell that to your face too. I can't fathom why anyone in this community gets along with you as well as they do. If you want to knock my lights out, cool. Just hope you have the money necessary to pay for your bail, and settle when I press charges for assault. I'll take your **** like a ***** if I have to to prove a point. I'm not going to fight.

@Elvis: My case is different than what you might be thinking. I have literally gone my entire life being ostracized by everyone for the most absolute ****ing arbitrary bull**** reasons ever. Kids in my neighborhood? A combination of jealousy, and the fact that I had long hair. Elementary school? My hair. Middle School? I was a minority, had long hair, and had a very flamboyant nature. Didn't help that I was naive and didn't know I was acting gay. I was 12 and sexuality was the last thing on my list. I actually had to be withdrawn from my first 6th grade school because of how biggoted they were versus my hair. They literally thought that I was a problem child just because my hair was nearly as long as I was tall. The next school I went into was a majority black/mexican school a little further south of utterback near the AFB. During that period of time I was literally beaten on a DAILY basis due to the fact that I was white, had long hair, was honest, naive, and flamboyant. 7th and 8th grade was a repeat of elementary school, only add in violence and theft. High school, the staff discriminated against me because of my hair, and the students gave me **** for my flamboyant attitude, as well as my love for nerdy ****. For those who didn't know about my first experiences with smashboards on my original account, I was flamed and belittled on my first few posts. I posted a critique thread of a series of vids vs TemplarPsi and immediately people ragged on me because I wasn't that good at the time. The first online community I was every REALLY dedicated to was the yugioh forum duelistgroundz. Though I was SIGNIFICANTLY better than at least 90% of the forums population, I was constantly ridiculed because of some controversial views I had about deck types, certain cards, and various strategies, despite the fact that I had been playing longer, and was actually better than them, because I was an unknown, and my opinion differed from the general populace, I was automatically wrong, the which is the reason why I have been hated since I was a toddler, and up until recent history I have always tried to be the better man, but what did it get me? Constant ridicule, daily beatings, breaks throughout my body, mental health issues, a feeling of non-belonging, and the saddest, fakest social circle you can possibly imagine. I don't know who I can even consider a true friend anymore. Even the people who have helped me out in the past, half the time it seems they can't even be ***** to give me a simple hello half the time.

So to the people who say I shouldn't care, or at least as much as I do: Shut the **** up, seriously. It's obvious that none of you have experienced the level of alienation I have. Smash is the closest thing I have ever had to a sense of belonging, and it's the whole reason why I care as much as I do, the reason why I try as hard as I do. Sure, I'm smart and I have talents, but they're in fields that honestly don't interest me, and don't bring me joy. I think that it's ****ing stupid that the thing that brings true joy to me heart; competitive gaming, is one of the things I'm just not talented at. I may work my *** off as much as or more as the top professionals, but I lack certain talents required to break through to be the best, and it's heart breaking knowing that I will never be the best at the things I truly care about.

Anyways, with that aside, I went to pay for Genesis and I found out that the cost has jumped about $150 since last month, so I'm not going, unless someone wants to help me out. Of course I'm not expecting anything, I mean, why should anyone help me? The fact that I have friends still confuses me.

Corigames

Smash Hero
You have to give me credit, at least when I threw a page long temper tantrum about the smash community, it was about smash and not restaurant preferences or growing up. Seriously, PMs folks.

Also, since the community appears to be completely hopeless in this regard, I may take it upon myself to put together weeklies or bi-weeklies. Anyone in favor of this idea?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
@Coreygames You can do what you want. :) I was even thinking of hosting some monthlies at Gamer's Inn when Rob moves down here. Gamer's Inn is on Stapley and Southern.

Back on topic...

I like going to IHOP just because I say, "Let's go to IHOP... to get some pancakes." I only say it because I secretly want someone to say, "I know what they f***ng have at IHOP."

Can we please stop arguing about group dining preferences, Xander? You got a problem with some dudes, take it up with them directly (PM).

On a side note, I'm sorry you feel so alienated. A good way to remedy that in any community though, is to speak more tactfully. Even if you're ridiculed for having opinions that are different from others, insulting people whether it is in retaliation or in general doesn't help in my experience.

Support your claims with demonstrable evidence, be open to the idea that you can be wrong in exploring your ideas, and don't be an *** to people regardless of what you've been through, and I'm not too sure, but I'm PRETTY sure that you'll gain more acceptance in general. I'm also pretty sure that if you are genuinely improving as a person as you say you are, you'll be open to this suggestion as well.

You should apologize for calling people idiots for expressing their opinion whether you think they're unfounded or not. ESPECIALLY for something that really has no basis for ridicule like what kind of food people like to eat for various reasons. You can disagree, but of all things to actually respectfully disagree on, it's this ****ing topic.

I don't know the NM Twins that well, but in the time I've spent with them, I'm pretty sure a solid apology will be reciprocal, especially since you've established that your circumstances growing up influence this kind of behavior and attitude towards others. Contrary to what you might think about them, I don't find them unreasonable.

I dislike posting.

#OKBYE

tw1n

Smash Champion
I really think that you're a fake piece of **** in all honesty, and I'll tell that to your face too. I can't fathom why anyone in this community gets along with you as well as they do. If you want to knock my lights out, cool. Just hope you have the money necessary to pay for your bail, and settle when I press charges for assault. I'll take your **** like a ***** if I have to to prove a point. I'm not going to fight.
Of course I am not going to walk up and punch you bro. I have never done that to anyone and never plan to. I'm just saying that people who say so much crap like that are asking to be punched.

Also, Taj <3 you :)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
It really irks me when people post sob stories when it's not asked for in some argument. It makes it seems as you assume other people don't go through rough **** growing up as well.

You aren't the bigger man for avoiding conflict. Dealing with it empathetically and respectfully makes you a bigger man.

Don't blame your long hair and nerdiness for being a constant bullying. You're bullied because you're an easy target and because you're awkward. You are unaware of many subtleties in communication whether it be online or in person.

Your parents are nice people and awkward too though and you haven't gone to a "regular" school for long enough to develop certain social skills. I hope jobcorps will be able to help you with that.

You've always spoken respectfully to me and a few other smashers which I do appreciate, but the way you treat the others like they're insignificant, I can easily understand how they retaliate.

bubz

Smash Rookie
this argument is really stupid. everyone knows that IHOP is better. lol oh wow i shouldve read taj 's and jackie posts first before i posted haha. oh well but yeah i like jackie's post about the sob stories and social skills things i think theyre pretty accurate to say so myself. tee hee

Jane

Smash Hero
i was trying to add something constructive to this conversation but really, all i want to say is that tony and jackie are ****ing bosses. elvis too.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It really irks me when people post sob stories when it's not asked for in some argument. It makes it seems as you assume other people don't go through rough **** growing up as well.

You aren't the bigger man for avoiding conflict. Dealing with it empathetically and respectfully makes you a bigger man.

Don't blame your long hair and nerdiness for being a constant bullying. You're bullied because you're an easy target and because you're awkward. You are unaware of many subtleties in communication whether it be online or in person.

Your parents are nice people and awkward too though and you haven't gone to a "regular" school for long enough to develop certain social skills. I hope jobcorps will be able to help you with that.

You've always spoken respectfully to me and a few other smashers which I do appreciate, but the way you treat the others like they're insignificant, I can easily understand how they retaliate.
I've actually spent more time in public school than I have in charters. Publisc school K through 5th grade. Finished 5th grade home schooled. 6th grade was charter. 7th, 8th and 9th were all public. 10th - senior year were charter school. The difference there was that because I put so much effort into secluding myself, that people didn't **** with me. The difference there was that I had literally no social contact with anybody.

As for the sob story, it had nothing to do with the twins, it had to do with something elvis said. Elvis knows a lot about me but what he had said has something he's said in the past quite a few times and it's been annoying knowing that he doesn't know my history as to why when people start **** with me why I care so damn much. That and writing about **** like this really helps a lot.

Also, Jackie, my long hair was actually the reason behind a HUGE portion of bullying throughout my life. I'm not just blaming it, that's a fact. The problem was that when I cut my hair, they found other reasons to bully me. You can ask my parents about it too, since they've seen it happen first-hand. Also nerdiness was basically just my way of saying awkward. I like your word better.

As for the way I treat others, that never used to be a problem, that started around q3 2009 when I got tired of being treated like **** my entire life, and tired of trying to be the one that's respectable. I used to believe in treating people the way you want to be treated, but it's just not worth it anymore.

Corigames

Smash Hero
@Coreygames You can do what you want. :) I was even thinking of hosting some monthlies at Gamer's Inn when Rob moves down here. Gamer's Inn is on Stapley and Southern.

Back on topic...
No, that should really BE the topic.

My apartment is big enough that we could have... maybe 3-4 set ups if we really crammed in here. Aside from that, I don't really know any place in particular that I could set things up on a consistent basis without having to charge some kind of cover fee (which I'm guessing people wouldn't be down with on the basis that it is not a full-fledged tournament).

BTW, I'd be totally down for Gamer's Inn because that is literally one bus for me to get there. I wouldn't need to get a ride for once! I just want to play smash with people that know what they're doing. :(

bubz

Smash Rookie
lol this is really stupid. this is just like a bunch of tangents. if you guys are going to argue at least stay on topic. and tw1n isnt even here right now so this is all pointless.......

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It's not like, it is actually just a bunch of tangents, because I'm ****ed up in the head right now. I'll do something about it soon. Most likely once I really have a concise answer for what is bothering me, and I figure out how to approach it without having it interfere with my stay at Job Corps. I'll also feel MUCH better, and be much more pleasant when G2 isn't adding to my stress levels.

bubz

Smash Rookie
dude its just a tourney, who cares if you dont go? its not a big deal for you to not go to one tourney. you shouldnt be stressed about it.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Ruby. I know first hand how bullying is terrible. My bro and I were picked on and got our ***** kicked for the 2 years we lived in Oklahoma (hence a reason why I hate that state). being bullied really, really sucks. But I put the past behind me to go towards a better future.

lol this is really stupid. this is just like a bunch of tangents. if you guys are going to argue at least stay on topic. and tw1n isnt even here right now so this is all pointless.......
I'm always here tho... O.o

Also. Today I got to meet Sam "The Glide". He actually lives right down the street from me! Another AZ smasher you guys kept hidden away ;)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Yo Tai. My bro wants to MM your Marth :D Do you accept? Not sure the price lol.
yeah sure. tell him to name the price. somewhere from $2-5

probably wednesday before genesis since i'll be in your room that night.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
No, that should really BE the topic.

My apartment is big enough that we could have... maybe 3-4 set ups if we really crammed in here. Aside from that, I don't really know any place in particular that I could set things up on a consistent basis without having to charge some kind of cover fee (which I'm guessing people wouldn't be down with on the basis that it is not a full-fledged tournament).

BTW, I'd be totally down for Gamer's Inn because that is literally one bus for me to get there. I wouldn't need to get a ride for once! I just want to play smash with people that know what they're doing. :(
You're right, it should be the topic. :)

Yeah, Gamer's Inn doesn't charge us anything to host as long as we pick up after ourselves I think. I'm not sure if the Brawlers are still doing stuff there, but hopefully we'll get enough interest to make this happen. Mesa hasn't been the hotspot for Melee in a long time.

With my boy, Rob, coming back,
DARK
PHOENIX will rise again! =D

We can't control it

GENESIS 2 is the biggest Melee tournament of all time. Being stressed about not going is justified, imo. This is what we do, whether you take it seriously or not, some people do.

I want that world champion belt, rofl.

@Tw1n: Yeah, Glide is too good. =D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I want to move on, but for various reasons it's always present around me, so it's difficult. Clinical depression doesn't help things either.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah, Gamer's Inn doesn't charge us anything to host as long as we pick up after ourselves I think. I'm not sure if the Brawlers are still doing stuff there, but hopefully we'll get enough interest to make this happen. Mesa hasn't been the hotspot for Melee in a long time.

With my boy, Rob, coming back,
DARK
PHOENIX will rise again! =D

We can't control it
As a AZ Brawler, yes we still do events at Gamer's Inn. We will be having two tourneys there in July, the 2nd, and the 23rd. I would give them call and find out what the best day would be to hold a tourney, since they have so many card game tournaments. They had told us that the other weekends in July were going to be packed full of card players. You would have to do some cleaning up and rearrange things around to make it suitable. Plus they have these weird metal lawn chairs in that area only that sit far back and kinda low, that's just me personally though about the chairs.

Brawlers have gone to have a tourney WHILE there was a card tourney happening, and we got thrown into a back corner with very little space where it gets warm pretty quickly, and isn't kept tidy in between our visits.

bubz

Smash Rookie
GENESIS 2 is the biggest Melee tournament of all time. Being stressed about not going is justified, imo. This is what we do, whether you take it seriously or not, some people do.
oh! that makes more sense now. and it doesnt matter anyways cause im going to win genesis 2 and theres no mere human creature walking upon this earth that has the greatness that i have. lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Brawlers have gone to have a tourney WHILE there was a card tourney happening, and we got thrown into a back corner with very little space where it gets warm pretty quickly, and isn't kept tidy in between our visits.
that's where we were thrown last time we came to visit a brawl tournament, and we thought that was fine. that's actually the space we had in mind.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
It's always hard knowing if you can trust people and see if they are really your friends or not Ruby, but you are a good guy, with some issues with communications with other people. Regardless, you are still my friend, and it's always a pleasure to hang with you. I like you a lot more as a person, than a smasher, and that's the truth. Of course, smash is good too.... I see you went through some ish too growing up, Xander. I don't feel like posting my history, but I want you to know that now I understand, and don't worry, those assmunches are not a part of your history, it is your past, and your future is lined with friends, and possibilities.

PS You falco is Pichu food next time we meet, chump :D

Twin1: Try to not say negative things about people, although we all do it from time to time, even mindlessly. Although I would like to say something like "God listens" I am not sure if you are religious, so...um I guess people listen? XD You are still awesome, and I plan to see you after Gen in ABQ....Arm wrestling contest maybe?...Maybe not...Pichu Burger Challenge? :D This is now offficailly the last I talk about this subject.

/Dramaboards

Anyway, Gamers inn is sweeet. Once I get my new Auto, I am taking PHX trips at least once a month. Also, possibilites for traveling across states. Its all good. The Nyte Ryder Mk 2 Beta will be here soon.

Top Bottom