• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
As far as I noticed the twins haven't been trying to sugarcoat things they say to you, I wouldn't say anything has been said by them 'behind your back' per se.

Since when did you give a shiit about when people say negative things about you? You're making it seem like this is new and uncommon.

*waits for Joey's flaming, Shiv's fatherly disapproval of current circumstances, and a few hilariously appropriate gif posts

tw1n

Smash Champion
So I heard from Ian Moony that the NM Twins and Coty were talking **** about me behind my back @ the NM tourney.

Who wants to man up? If people have a problem with me, say it to my face, don't instigate bull**** with other communities.
Any **** I have said about you to others I will gladly say to your face. I think that you are an arrogant jack *** who has zero respect for anyone else.
I say to you that I believe IHOP is better because of the quality of the food and customer service. You respond by saying I am a ****ing ****** and so is any other dumb **** who also believes that.
You act like you are gods gift to the world and that you are the smartest person to ever walk this earth. But when someone proves you wrong, you instantly slam them and say they don't know what they're talking about.

Mind you, this is solely what I have seen from your posts on the boards and on facebook. Lord knows i have heard stories about you in person as well.

I have also said to you before that if you want to talk **** to my face then I welcome it. I will gladly argue my point versus yours on any subject. Or if you get really *****y I will gladly throw on the gloves and knock your *** out if you wish.

I have only met one smasher who told me that they actually like you. And only one other who doesn't mind you. Maybe you should take that as a hint that your sarcastic, overly opinionated and rude comments do not make you look like a very nice person.

I am sure people talk **** about me behind my back and I know alot of people don't like me, but i don't go crying about it demanding answers. I accept the things I can't change and I change the things that I can then I move on in life. The easiest way for me to put this is that (from every post of yours that I have read) you are an *** that wants everything catered your way. Grow up Ruby.

Edit:
Wow that interview was pretty cool lol. Shout-outs to Axe I guess haha :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
As far as I noticed the twins haven't been trying to sugarcoat things they say to you, I wouldn't say anything has been said by them 'behind your back' per se.

Since when did you give a shiit about when people say negative things about you? You're making it seem like this is new and uncommon.

*waits for Joey's flaming, Shiv's fatherly disapproval of current circumstances, and a few hilariously appropriate gif posts
I've actually always cared, I've just never been super vocal about it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Any **** I have said about you to others I will gladly say to your face. I think that you are an arrogant jack *** who has zero respect for anyone else.
I say to you that I believe IHOP is better because of the quality of the food and customer service. You respond by saying I am a ****ing ****** and so is any other dumb **** who also believes that.
You act like you are gods gift to the world and that you are the smartest person to ever walk this earth. But when someone proves you wrong, you instantly slam them and say they don't know what they're talking about.

Mind you, this is solely what I have seen from your posts on the boards and on facebook. Lord knows i have heard stories about you in person as well.

I have also said to you before that if you want to talk **** to my face then I welcome it. I will gladly argue my point versus yours on any subject. Or if you get really *****y I will gladly throw on the gloves and knock your *** out if you wish.

I have only met one smasher who told me that they actually like you. And only one other who doesn't mind you. Maybe you should take that as a hint that your sarcastic, overly opinionated and rude comments do not make you look like a very nice person.

I am sure people talk **** about me behind my back and I know alot of people don't like me, but i don't go crying about it demanding answers. I accept the things I can't change and I change the things that I can then I move on in life. The easiest way for me to put this is that (from every post of yours that I have read) you are an *** that wants everything catered your way. Grow up Ruby.

Edit:

Wow that interview was pretty cool lol. Shout-outs to Axe I guess haha :)
Ill respond to this more in-depth when I get home. Just gthatto let you know that you pretty much are a moron for the reasons you and the rest of the community like ihop. I've given plenty of reasons why just about everywhere else on earth is superior to ihop in literally every field imaginable, yet you still blindly defend it.

Jane

Smash Hero
Well, that ends that. So Tourney on July 2nd anyone :D
i lold. elvis you da bess.

Ill respond to this more in-depth when I get home. Just gthatto let you know that you pretty much are a moron for the reasons you and the rest of the community like ihop. I've given plenty of reasons why just about everywhere else on earth is superior to ihop in literally every field imaginable, yet you still blindly defend it.
haha "blindly defend it." its ****ing food dude. some people like it, wtf. xD

tw1n

Smash Champion
And Ruby you just helped prove my point with that post. Calling us morons and saying we're blindly defending something is just you being an ignorant *******.

I prefer IHOP over Dennys. I don't like Burger King. I think Chipotle is over hyped and is only alright. I think In n Out is some of the best fast food on this planet. And melee is much better than brawl due to it's faster pace, advanced moves and I just have more fun playing it. Those are my opinions. I'm not a moron for having them.

If I said that the sky is purple, 2+2=5 and Superman really does exist then I'd be a moron. Learn to respect people for once.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
And Ruby you just helped prove my point with that post. Calling us morons and saying we're blindly defending something is just you being an ignorant *******.
I have to agree on this. Calling people morons doesn't help a person's case if they want some justification on why they are being talked **** about. If you want the type of closure that ends with "Well, I'm sorry Xander for talking **** about you. I hope we can be friends and sort our differences out," calling people grade school names isn't going to help. Lets be adults here.

I prefer IHOP over Dennys. I don't like Burger King. I think Chipotle is over hyped and is only alright. I think In n Out is some of the best fast food on this planet. And melee is much better than brawl due to it's faster pace, advanced moves and I just have more fun playing it. Those are my opinions. I'm not a moron for having them.
I for one, think In and Out is greaseball Overpriced fatsacks, but, I don't care to bash it much. :D I think the whole IHOP thing is kinda misconstrued. Originally, we all went there because it was tradition. Ruby doesn't like the tradition and wants to change it. He's more than entitled to do so. His demeanor regarding said opinion on IHOP is sound, because yeah, it's pricier and more expensive than similar quality food at Denny's. Where Xander is wrong, obviously, is this odd construct of "community". The community doesn't like IHOP, we as people like IHOP, and we all have personal choices on what we like. Even Tim is tired of eating IHOP after every tourney, and that is fine, because variety is the spice of life. If you don't want to eat at IHOP, then don't. No one is going to stuff overpriced pancakes down your throat. The main point of it is for us to have a gathering place to meet at after a tourney, feel free not to eat. I do think a change of late night eating is prolly the best tho.

Choptle is the best, 1. U shut your mouf :O

People have opinions. It what makes us individuals, not morons.

If I said that the sky is purple, 2+2=5 and Superman really does exist then I'd be a moron. Learn to respect people for once.
You are colorblind, you calculate in a base other than 10, and I am Superman, witch. You are fine. :D

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Personal Idea of Community

I am double posting to keep this thought separate from the post above.

If anyone knows by now, I love to travel. I looooove to travel. My smash career has taken me to AZ, NM, LA, FL, DC, and VA, with smashers that span between here Canada, Sweden, and Mexico. No matter where I went, I was able to find adaquate people to chill out with, and be friends. I never had the concept of "community" though, until I moved out to AZ.

Community is a negative word for me. Why? When people grasp the concept of this community, they try to be like "I'm going to stand out and be known" or "It's about me. Fug everyone else" Nah man. Not me. Whenever I meet a new crew (I prefer the term crew over community) I am like "SWEET! NEW PEOPLE. HOT DAWG!" From there, I decide my opinions on that group of people, not the "community" as a whole. I rather restrict that word to the entire global smash community, which isn't that bad, but the top players on the game aren't fully there mentally IMO. Mango's drunk off his rich arse, M2K has issues regarding hospitality of players. However, hungrybox is pretty chill guy, Armada is a cool dude, and Axe is prolly the nicest man I've known ever. The community as it stands all have the same purpose and goal, to be the best they can be. It doesn't happen overnight, but we speak with eachother on this site to get knowledge and intellect on how to make ourselves to be better players, so one day, we will have that crowd behind us, hyping us up, singing the Pokemon theme.

That is community to me. Crews are a different matter. Lets breakdown this state.

Phoenix: Jeff, Tai, Taj, Noct, and several other smashers live there. They get along, see eachother often. High skill, and high respect. Phx crew is legit, but its soooo damn far from here lol

Tucson Crew: Xander, Chris, Kyle, Tommy, Jane, Tipper, etc. This is the main Melee town but, the chemistry between players is so off putting, if I was a OoS'er, I wouldn't be able to just find people to play. It's stiffing. I also consider Tucson to be rather on their own agenda's. Smash is not a mainstay in this town, and relys on the U of A school semester for tournaments and players. It feels empty. This crew is pretty bland.

SV Crew: Although Jeff is honorary SV, in reality, its just Me, Tim, and Smurfy. Maybe Priest Revan. Recruiting new people is a pain because Tim's high standards of new people is so got damn irratating, that people leave before they get started. We have other smashers in town, but no one really gives them the chance to practice with us. Something I intend to change soon. But what this community does have, is respect for each other, and if an OoS were to come, they would be well entertained. Ask Rooktionary.

Community isn't me. I don't go out my way online to prove who I am, but don't get me wrong, I have tried, and most people are unbelieving jerk wads that think that everything is a joke. The rest of the world may laugh, but, when I made the post in the Luigi thread stating that Misfires should be used as weapons as well as recovery, even if luck based, the state backed me up, and believed me, where the world did not. I don't care for the world, because in the end, its not who I see everyday. I see Tim, Coty, Xander, or Random Smasher # C.

During that one time I helped Armada, a smasher far away, he told me his story, and I felt sorry for him the most amongst all the smashers because of what happened to him. The community helped him out through me, and that was cool. The community isn't 100% bad. It's quite forgiving if there is a common layer of respect towards a player.

In this state, I don't see a community, I see friends. Some I don't talk to, and some I do, but when we meet up, we treat eachother on a stage farther than smash could ever take us, that being the stage of friendship.

In short, the community is ok at best, but it is something that is has to be experienced personally, not online. Likewise, the community isn't perfect. It is not a giant smiley face that will treat you with respect and adoration. It is people with similar interests, with different opinions. If people don't like a person (ICG) they will ignore him and care less about him, and word will spread, but why care about what some numb nuts says across the sea? Its all about here and now, and the people around you. If someone doesn't like the community, they can leave it, but still belong to crew that respects them as people.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Taco Shop is my fav for post tournament snackage since cheap burritos are so satisfying. IHOP is tradition and a place that can accommodate our large group. It is also conveniently located for Phoenix to stop by on their way back.

Denny's has many similar qualities. They are more affordable which appeals to the typical broke *** smasher. However, their waitresses don't stack it up and are generally less attractive.

Brittany was what initiated the tradition and this tournament is being held for Joey, so he should get to choose. However, I haven't seen her there in months and I wouldn't be surprising if she doesn't even work there anymore.

I have many recommendations but y'all some broke *** scrub and ***** about spending more than $10.

Maybe the Grill downtown? They're cheap diner food, but I'm not sure how they would accommodate our large group and they have rude, or "charming", service sometimes.

I'm down for Waffle House and cheap hash browns and burgers and ****. 24 hour food places are usually crap anyways, might as well not spend much and get full.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Woah, smashers are fighting and I wasn't part of it? I feel left out. If you want my two cents, stop fighting in public. I use to be a flaming, raging, attention ***** and, looking back on it, I'm not proud of it. I distanced myself from a lot of people and burned bridges I may never get to re-build. I may have also lent a hand in destroying the AZ community during the age of Brawl with the way in which I conducted my conversations. If you have a problem with another smasher or someone is **** talking you, use that as motivation to get better in-game and not as fuel for a flamewar about the game you are playing. Is it degrading to hear people **** talk you? Yes. Is there instant gratification in doing it right back? Yes. But, hindsight is 20/20 and I can tell that when I felt like people turned their backs on me, I should have just kept doing my thing instead of trying to find a way to stab them there.

That aside: Nicknyte, what's that about a tourney on the 2nd? Is there a link I can get?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Good to see you again Corey. I remember when you lost your tourney match at Goop's 1st brawl tournament due to tripping XD

There is a facebook group event on it. Add me on facebook by looking up Nicknyte.

Yea. I kinda think "Showing everyone the evils of the community" doesn't work too well if no one besides yourself wants to change it.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I still remember when you killed the Virginia Tech thread years ago when you asked if there was a smasher named "Cho" there. Asshollery at it's finest.

bubz

Smash Rookie
LOL! nah im too lazy to post anything haha but here this is what i think...............................you guys suck

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i love you so very much, elvis. agreed with almost everything you said, except the bit about in-n-out. agreed on chipotle, though. easily one of my favorite restaurants ever.

i also agree with denny's/taco shops (ESPECIALLY TACO SHOPS, OMFGGGGGGGGG. last time we just had our car and Jackie go there after the tourney, and it was easily better than any IHOP trip i've ever been to post-tourney) for after-tourney dinners. imo IHOP isn't special enough to come back every time.

so uhh... what were we really talking about again?
oh, yeah... despising and isolating yourself from the community.

i did that once
unlike coreygames, i'm totally proud of it
looking back on it, i'd still tell everybody to suck my **** LOOOLLLLLLL

bubz

Smash Rookie
lol! it definitely is not nytetime XD and elvis thats my may thats ****** your bridget ;)

bubz

Smash Rookie
yeah ill **** you in guilty queer just like i used to when i come down :D

bubz

Smash Rookie
lol sounds like elvis needs to be put back in rehabilitation. tee hee

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
*...Shiv's fatherly disapproval of current circumstances...
i love this so much.

Brittany was what initiated the tradition and this tournament is being held for Joey, so he should get to choose. However, I haven't seen her there in months and I wouldn't be surprising if she doesn't even work there anymore..
I saw her there a few months ago (with the last 3 maybe). there is hope.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
@coreygames: I'd body the twins lmao, that was never an issue. I'll post more when I get access to a computer. Making long forum posts on phones is far more difficult than its worth.

Twin, the funny thing is that I'm being told to grow up by the guy who is offended for having his flawed opinion deconstructed and instigating **** behind other people's backs and even threatening to throw down. You think about that kiddo.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Ruby, that sentence, in all due honestly, was a hard to understand clusterfug. Lol, I get wat you are saying kinda, but needs to be clearer.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Nougaty cluster****.

Mmm nougat.

I haven't melee'd in week.

Hey Jeff are you free next Thursday night/Friday? I'm considering a serious training session. I can come to Phoenix or you and Tai are welcome over at mi casa.

No offense other smashers but I want super practice and to minimize my bad habits.

tw1n

Smash Champion
@coreygames: I'd body the twins

Twin, the funny thing is that I'm being told to grow up by the guy who is offended for having his flawed opinion deconstructed and instigating **** behind other people's backs and even threatening to throw down. You think about that kiddo.
You'd body me??? Good luck bro.

At what point was I instigating **** by telling others my opinion of you? You are the one who came on here and started talking crap. I am telling you to grow up because you are rude and immature child who has to get things his way. You are not deconstructing my "flawed" opinion. At no point have you said what about my opinion is wrong, only that it is "dumb, ********, stupid, or worthless". And sure i will threaten to throw down. Because someone like you needs to get their *** kicked in my opinion. No I won't go hunting you down at Genesis, but I am merely telling you to watch what you say around me because I will throw you on your ***. I have no problem with **** talkers, hell I talk **** right back and laugh. But someone who insults me and everyone else for our opinions is just a ******* waiting to get punched.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hey Jeff are you free next Thursday night/Friday? I'm considering a serious training session. I can come to Phoenix or you and Tai are welcome over at mi casa.

No offense other smashers but I want super practice and to minimize my bad habits.
i'm leaving for california next wednesday :(

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
This is also Cho, if you didn't get the joke. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho

Xander, Fight Twin 1. Physically. Not smash. I wanna see this. Winner has to shut up forever.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

TWIN 1 VS. RUBY IRIS

Physical Stats

Height: Ruby - 5'10-ish Twin1 - 6'4"
Weight: Ruby - Sextacular Twin1 - Suave Adonis
Skills: Ruby -Red Eye Fever Twin1 - Twin Magic Beam!
Traits: Ruby - Tends to Ramble and Talk Justice Twin1 - Tends to Rumble and Talks Fists

Can I get bets here people? I'm betting on Ruby to win because I will win ducketts due to these odds. Tho, Twin1 got magic.

Top Bottom