• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You suck
Get 3 stocked less often
Scrub

Also try not getting Falcon punched

Don't get grabbed
Don't get knee'd
Especially five times in a row

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
that falcon punch was gay. i went high and tried to shorten to fall to the ledge but i mistimed it and got decked in the back of the head by a flaming falcon-shaped punch.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
the falcon punch was in reference to me probably. the rest was probably joey. Jackie kinda ***** joey all day this week lol.

Attn: Is anyone from Tucson driving up to Phoenix the week of Genesis? My family isn't able to help me out with transportation. My flight is US Airways PHX > SFO @ 4:50 PM.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yeah, Gamer's Inn doesn't charge us anything to host as long as we pick up after ourselves I think.
GENESIS 2 is the biggest Melee tournament of all time. Being stressed about not going is justified, imo.
If Gamer's is cool with everyone else, then that's totally cool with me. I wouldn't mind coming ahead of time to help set-up either if need be.
Also, my sister is getting married the same weekend as Genesis, which is also the same weekend that Trent's girlfriend is moving back to AZ :mad::urg: EVERYTHING HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME @_@
Anyway, Gamers inn is sweeet. Once I get my new Auto, I am taking PHX trips at least once a month. Also, possibilites for traveling across states. Its all good.
Do it. I need more smash in my life, which means more smashers around me constantly. Yes, I'm that selfish!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
the falcon punch was in reference to me probably. the rest was probably joey. Jackie kinda ***** joey all day this week lol.

Attn: Is anyone from Tucson driving up to Phoenix the week of Genesis? My family isn't able to help me out with transportation. My flight is US Airways PHX > SFO @ 4:50 PM.
How and why is Joey losing to Jackie. This makes 0 sense.

Goddamnit Joey.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I was trolling Joey, though the Falcon Punch statement was aimed towards both of you :troll:. My Falcon Punch success rate is pretty high.

Joey can't beat my gray :sheik:.

Were you being serious, Spencer? Not to sound arrogant but it would make more sense if you were being sarcastic.

Tai my main john for not registering yet is that I keep on forgetting my credit card in my car and don't feel like walking all the way there to get it. I have two other tabs open, the pre-registration page is sitting there as one of them.

Choo choo.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I was trolling Joey, though the Falcon Punch statement was aimed towards both of you :troll:. My Falcon Punch success rate is pretty high.

Joey can't beat my gray :sheik:.

Were you being serious, Spencer? Not to sound arrogant but it would make more sense if you were being sarcastic.

Tai my main john for not registering yet is that I keep on forgetting my credit card in my car and don't feel like walking all the way there to get it. I have two other tabs open, the pre-registration page is sitting there as one of them.

Choo choo.
By the judgment of Joey telling me how good he's been doing lately(barring the fact that he's beyond rusty right now), it doesn't make sense to me at all that he's losing to you.

Corigames

Smash Hero
The game where everything's made up and the points don't matter...
Watch the first 10 seconds. Posting this is a bad idea, I'm aware.
Also, how does the AZ rankings list work?
"Rankings will be updated at LEAST bimonthly (emphasis on the words AT LEAST)"
**Arizona Melee Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 3/25/11)**
So I'm guessing this has just been too slow of a time to update this? That's understandable. It's nice to have rigid rules about updating, but that really doesn't matter if there aren't tournaments going on to collect data from.
"The rankings may enforce a 'ranking battle' system where we ask certain players to play out matches at the next tournament"
Does this have to be a tournament? Can this be a ($ > significant number) MM or something instead?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
a) it's supposed to be every 2 monthly tournaments, but that wasn't actually stated until the last PR, so we haven't had the time to let it actually solidify as a tradition/rule/trend yet... and we haven't had any tournaments.

b) we've never ever actually made people do ranking battles. it was supposed to be like.... if two players were on the PR and the panel had no idea how to place them in relation to each other or other people, and they happened to NEVER EVER play each other in tournament (Rubyiris and Okami were like this for a while; Silly Kyle and Okami are kinda like this now), we could force people to essentially play "ranking battles" where we used the results to help determine the PR. That was sorta just an idea that was never brought to fruition.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
tldnr; we don't take anything too seriously

Spencer, what has he been telling you to make you believe that? (Nonargumentive voice in this post, just wondering). I chatted with him and he's been holding his own against top players but not beating them. I'm no top player obviously but the only people I lose to consistently are the top players.

Joey wasn't playing EC style against me though, I didn't notice camping or good DI jajaja

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
tldnr; we don't take anything too seriously

Spencer, what has he been telling you to make you believe that? (Nonargumentive voice in this post, just wondering). I chatted with him and he's been holding his own against top players but not beating them. I'm no top player obviously but the only people I lose to consistently are the top players.

Joey wasn't playing EC style against me though, I didn't notice camping or good DI jajaja
If you'd put yourself in tournament situations more I'm sure you'd lose to Tai. Chris too. It surprises me that Xander loses to you in fact and I'm pretty sure the only reason he does is because he has some sort of mental block against you for whatever reason.

And I dunno what you're talkin about with Joey considering he beat Cactuar....lol. G$ too if I recall.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
He didn't mention Cactuar to me, that's cool. (He name searches all the time, I remember him posting just because I said cactus grill jajaja).

As for G$, not to hate but he is nowhere near top player status.

I wouldn't be surprised if I lost to Tai or Chris, they've improved more than I have. Though I don't get why you didn't just flat out say if I enter tournaments instead of tournament situations.

As for Xander losing to me, heh

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

So uh, like, Spencer, you need to get back into the game. lol

I don't put it past people to get better than others, because that's just how advancement works. I am impressed by Ruby's increase in skill over this year. He's garnered my respect. Jackie, I believe, is asian, and uses that power to cheat at everything.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Nicknyte, **Havok**, ---, -DR3W-, -QuesoKirby-, -RedShadow, -Sinister-, 2link121, 4 Aces, 8-Bit, :mad:, a nub, Acidile, Airgemini, Albert., Alex Strife, Angbad, arch, Arms, Asid Wash, B-Rod Z, B0NK, Bacons, Barbasol, BC4629, big bad wolf, BioDG, BKupa666, Black Mantis, borommakot77, brickbox, butterpaws, Caps05, Captain Cruz, CelestialMarauder~, Cereal Rabbit, CHAiN-ACE, Cheers, Chill, chillindude829, CHOMPY, ciaza, cmart, Cook, Da Shuffla, dabuz, DallasPhat, darkm3tr01d, Dastrn, Davidreamcatcha, Dazwa, DeLux, dengel, Denti, Djent, DJRome, DMG, DoH, dpgthirteen, Dr Peepee, DTP, DualCats, DVC4011, F00LY, F8AL, FBI:Vess, FightAdamantEevee, finalark, FIREL, Forgotten Twizzler, Frolossus, fZk, Gates, Gatlin, gghhh3, Gifts, GNP, GoldShadow, Grandeza, Grunt, guapo, hamburglar, Haze~, hiROI, HolyNightmare, hot$, hungrybox, Hylian, Hyper Luigi, IcyDeath, Iliad, Imagination, InferiorityComplex, jabu_jabu, Jace08, Jasou, Javon89, JCaesar, Jeapie, jiovanni007, JOE!, john!, JonathantheMeSa, JuxtaposeX, King Luigi 128, King~, Kinzer, KishPrime, KoozyKRIS, KORNNNNN~, Kudou-kun, lanky_gunner, Linguini, Linkpower22, Linkshot, Lionman, Loko_Lobo, LordAizen, LozanoGarbanzo, Luigitoilet, M@v, Makai, malva00, Matador, Maximillion, McNugget, MeekSpeedy, mentosman8, Miss ChuChu, MissingNo., MonkUnit, moogle, Mooo, Moooose, Mr. Doom, MulticolorShyGuy, MuraRengan, Muro, Nashun, Ndayday III: Spell of the Ambigutor, ngamer3k, Nope, Nysyarc, Oasis_S, Old Man Grey, OmegaXVII, Omnicron's Baklava Enterprises, Patriotic Zero (PTZR), Peek~, Phoenix_lord1010, Player-1, Pluvia, Problem2, pwiito, Pwnsauce!, Pyronic_Star, Pythag, qB[, Rainbow Mink, Rajam, Red Ryu, Redact, Redd, RickySSB, safehaven, Sage Osaka, Salem, Samus-T, ScaryLB59, ScAtt77, Segtendo, Seikend, Sephirothdotcom, Shaky, Sharky, shinhed-echi, shlike, sidefx, SKidd, SmileyFace =), Smooth Criminal, Sonic Storm, sonicmaster5000, sonictailslink, sorasin, spudzalot, standardtoaster, Stealth Raptor, Steam, stek55, stingers, Strong Bad, SuperMetroid44, Surri-Sama, Sushi-Man, Suyon, Sync., T3h Albino, TANK64, Technical_Chase, Tee ay eye, TehSqueeMistro, Tesh, The BSC, TheJerm, theunabletable, Thunderhorse+, TLTQFD, Tmacc, Tommy_G, Toronto Joe, Turazrok, Tyson651, ulises3000, Ussi, ValTroX, vanforum, Veggi, Vermanubis, Viperlotus, vVv Rapture, VWTDI1327, Vyke, WashedLaundry, weon - X, Werekill, x After Dawn x, X15 YumYum, xDD-Master, xIblisx, xLeafybug =D, Xyro77, Yink, Yoshara, Z'zgashi+, Zeborg, zhao_guang, zkwid, Zoler, Zulo, Zync, ~Firefly~
Who's ready to play a boardgame, WITCHEEEEEESSSS?!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Jackie beats me because of various reasons. Basically the reason why I lose as badly to him as I do is because my particular weaknesses play into his strengths. All of the little bad habits, etc really add up vs him and he just systematically destroys me. There are players out there much better than Jackie that wouldn't do nearly as well vs me.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
If there was a time where you should not take a post seriously, that was it.

You don't see me raging over the pretty flower in my hair. :D

bubz

Smash Rookie
The final fantasy thread doesn't really mention cactuar that often, so :shrug:.

I was just curious about who beat me lol. I usually remember my losses pretty vividly.
sorry hes talking about me when i played you at tunes but i guess he got the information wrong cause i told him that i did very well against you sorry...........

bubz

Smash Rookie
You suck
Get 3 stocked less often
Scrub

Also try not getting Falcon punched

Don't get grabbed
Don't get knee'd
Especially five times in a row
dude we did falcon dittos and im pretty sure i was playing around cause i told you to help me im prove my falcon............. AZ is really ****ing gay. im sorry but its ****ing true. why am i ALWAYS everyones target? i like how i JUST talked about this with tim yesterday..........

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
The final fantasy thread doesn't really mention cactuar that often, so :shrug:.

I was just curious about who beat me lol. I usually remember my losses pretty vividly.
It seems my calculations were incorrect....he apparently only almost did beat you...ha.

And Elvis why do you say that? Lol. I wouldn't mind playing if I could play more than once every 3 months. I guarantee that if I had the same consistent practice that I did with Sean since my peak with Fox in April last year I'd be ****** the **** out of everybody in Tucson, but that disappeared when Sean left so I have nothing left for practice. The closest thing has become Xander but that wasn't even until super recent as I've mentioned.

That's probably why I relate to Joey so much....ha. Hopefully he gets back his spark, as I know mine is probably gone forever.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
And Elvis why do you say that? Lol.
I was just playin. Sorries.

Um, Yea. When you finally bust out from your abode with a car and money, I am sure you will be traveling and being famous, and going by the name Backward or Reverse. I like Reverse. No we need to make it gangsta. Reverse$Money (ReverseCashMoney). And your gear will say RCM or R$M. And you could be R$M Bennah. Yea. Best smasher in the world ish right there.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
sorry hes talking about me when i played you at tunes but i guess he got the information wrong cause i told him that i did very well against you sorry...........
Hahaha, no worries dude! Gotta keep improving so you can kick my *** next time, amirite?

:laugh:

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
dude we did falcon dittos and im pretty sure i was playing around cause i told you to help me im prove my falcon............. AZ is really ****ing gay. im sorry but its ****ing true. why am i ALWAYS everyones target? i like how i JUST talked about this with tim yesterday..........
It's because you have hair now

Scrub

Don't be sorry az does suck jaja

Corigames

Smash Hero
I really really really want to play Melee. I have mon and tue off every week. I know it's not the most convenient days for that normally, but it is summer and I know at least a few of you are just students that don't have jobs. If anyone has time on those two days to hang out and play smash, tell me!

In the mean time, I'm going to start scouting out locations to hold biweekly mini-tournies.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's up guys?

I've been meaning to hang out with everyone again sometime. Falcoty / SouthPaw / Coty has been rumbling about possibly doing a tournament soon at ASU. If he does, I think I'll render my IT services and run a live stream for the event. It'll be cool. Assuming the location has a net connection.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ah snap! That tourney sounds fun... hmm if I have a working vehicle I may make an appearance ;)

P.S. I love Coty and Cactuar

Top Bottom