• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah, it's fine

too bad no one in phoenix hosts anything anymore :(

even though phoenix is much better than tucson as a place, tucson has a bigger (and better below the top handful) community

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah sux

ease your way into it

go to a smashfest and tell her to come in and meet the people

then ask to go to a tournament (maybe she can go in to check it out)

then if there's a relatively nearby smashfest/tournament you can't get a ride to with your mom, get a ride with a smasher. repeat until she gets used to it.

next step: going long-distance; figure it out yourself.

^
^
pretty much what i did

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
dont mindlessly play melee vs CPUs when you're alone for more than like, ten minutes. you'll get used to them and it'll result in bad habits

however, if you're alone and wanna practice something, just do it without really playing AGAINST a computer. for example, put a lvl 1 Bowser with 0.5 damage ratio and max handicaps if you wanna practice timing shield pressure (or any sort of timing that involves HITTING someone).

if you wanna practice spacing your dashdance, go to Pokemon Stadium in training mode and use the markings on the ground (patented by forward)

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
No, I don't have any, but I know what kind of habits you're talking about.
I normally just train in a real game instead of practice mode.
I'm just more comfortable with it.
Plus, I get to use the C-Stick. :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
C-stick *****

note that i said use training mode for spacing your dashdance (i.e. running around with the control stick)

p.s. chances are you have bad habits you're not aware of unless your name is mango. hell, even if you are.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I remember back in the day
two months ago
when I never used c-stick. Now I'm terrible at melee, but slightly less terrible.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
mm me

my 2 stocks to your 4

(p.s. i heard you played with dualcats, so i have a very very very rough standpoint of how good you are)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
10 bucks? :)

when's your spring break? we may be able to make the trip down there sometime i guess

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
I'm on spring break right now. >.<
10 bucks....? 5? I need teh lunch money.

Yeah, Karl and I played Melee.
So what's your standpoint on my skill level?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'm on spring break right now. >.<
10 bucks....? 5? I need teh lunch money.

Yeah, Karl and I played Melee.
So what's your standpoint on my skill level?
that you know advanced techniques and can pull them off with acceptable proficiency, but you're very inexperienced, so you're still somewhere under Karl (DualCats), but you're not atrocious (i.e. clueless), but you just have a lot to learn.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
that's a good attitude :)

im not trying to be a jerk (generally), it's just that nobody starts at the top, or even at the middle.

Jane

Smash Hero
Pandaxen, mm me! Im the worst (i prefer the term "least pro") melee player in tucson. That way we'll have a rough idea of how good you are. 5 bucks mm me instead of tai? That way you actually have a chance to win! :D?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I play Peach.. in Melee. >.<
...christ.... I might have to retract that statement I made two weeks ago about liking you for playing melee.

They're all to easy to be good with. Peach takes some SKILL.
Peach takes no skill. All she does is "herpaderp float cancel aerial", dsmash, and throw some turnips. All of which can be done by miles.

She's the most fun a guy/girl can have without being illegal! Every other character is pewpy compared to her
peach is not fun.

60% of your posts are worshipping Peach and 20% are for Armada.
True Story.

Top Bottom