• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Why thank you. Subscribe, I'll probably get more up tonight or by Sunday.

Of which, any requests for card tricks I should learn everyone?

:link:
omg, PLEASE learn the trick where you ask someone to draw a card, and no matter what card they draw, it'll always be the same card. when they did that trick on me at the magic shop, i felt like i needed to change my underwear lol

and Jackie, i accept :) does anyone else wanna random MM me or even a regular MM?

HYPE for GG7 vs Taj MM =D

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
When I do multiple wavedashes, I let go of the control stick.
I read somewhere that you can just hold it and continuously press Y~L.
Does it make it easier?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm coming to Phoenix next week for a night and then driving home in the morning to get back before 2pm for work. Anybody want to house me? I'll be heading there either Tuesday afternoon or Thursday morning then stay the night.

I'm going there only because I need to interview Sean lol. And some other smashers :) for my story I'm writing about him and his little cross-country smash journey.

forward

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm coming to Phoenix next week for a night and then driving home in the morning to get back before 2pm for work. Anybody want to house me? I'll be heading there either Tuesday afternoon or Thursday morning then stay the night.

I'm going there only because I need to interview Sean lol. And some other smashers :) for my story I'm writing about him and his little cross-country smash journey.
I can do Tuesday, but Thursday works better for me.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Alright then. I'll probably head over there Wednesday night and loiter around Phoenix for most of Thursday until I come home.

I randomly decided that I want my Luigi to be good.

AXE 09

Smash Master
When I do multiple wavedashes, I let go of the control stick.
I read somewhere that you can just hold it and continuously press Y~L.
Does it make it easier?
if you're holding the control stick, you have a chance of walking (or turning around when wavedashing backwards) after your wavedash. i think that it's preference whether you hold it or let go after every time, but i generally don't hold the control stick for multiple wavedashes. i'll let it go each time

if you want to practice wavedashing perfectly, do multiple wavedashes backwards while holding the control stick. if you do it correctly, you won't turn around. this will teach you exactly how fast you can do your wavedashes

unfortunately, i won't be able to house you =(
Sorry for double post, but does anyone know a good way to practice wall teching in on ledges, not actual walls?
what i did was go on FD in training mode, then set a motion sensor bomb on the very edge of the stage. then, jump off the stage and recover like normal and just try to tech it. make sure your damage is relatively high. it'd benefit you if you could find someone to help you practice. just ask them to choose peach and Dsmash right as you recover. i think that's the best way.

and also as Tai already stated, make sure to pre-register for the Cali tourney. Registration ends March 22nd!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267280

Pandaxen

Smash Cadet
Thanks Axe.
I can AXEually wavedash faster letting go than with holding it.
And the teching thing works, but I just need to work on the timing.
<3

AXE 09

Smash Master
seriously? haha that's awesome. i was curious how you came up with such a name

Goop, can you hold a smashfest this friday?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
5pm to 12 pm? lol. There is a chance I will be making it though!
D!ck move.

Oh and you can stay with me if you like Jetfour. Anytime you are in town you are welcome to call me and ask. In general I would probably say yes.

Pandaxen you are welcome to come and bring friend too.

Top Bottom