• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
All of Phoenix have roommates, live with their parents, or live pretty far from the event. HMMMM
Oh **** someone just got owned. Document this and put it on youtube as "Taj owns another guy"

Give it some cool background music and a fancy font

Then end it with a snapshot of him punching someone in the face (take of of the old boxing videos perhaps).

:p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Oh **** someone just got owned. Document this and put it on youtube as "Taj owns another guy"

Give it some cool background music and a fancy font

Then end it with a snapshot of him punching someone in the face (take of of the old boxing videos perhaps).

:p
How exactly was I owned?

idgi.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Forw0rd said:
What computer should I buy if I'm just starting out as a CompSci major?
I'm glad you asked!

The first and most important choice to make is that between laptop and desktop. In general, desktops are in every way superior to laptops with one exception: portability. Desktops are cheaper, faster, easier to repair, easier to get help with, etc... They're just a little bit too big to lug around to class, the lab, a friend's place, etc...

So you have to ask yourself if you're going to be wanting to do work elsewhere than home very often. I know I did as an undergrad. The CompSci lab at ASU is really nice. But it's a ***** to have to start over every time you use a computer when working on a project. So there could definitely be a reason, there.

The third option nowadays is a netbook. Not much horsepower on them, but they're super cheap and will do most of what you want. $300 is about the going rate for them right now. So that's a possibility, too.

As for the components, you won't be doing anything particularly resource intensive for a few years. So the standard guidelines apply: Lost of fast RAM, a large hard drive, etc... Things like a DVD burner are nice to have as well, and are practically standard today, too. Do you also plan on doing gaming on the machine, or any other relevant purposes? Because each of those can affect your choices.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I want a new laptop just so I can take it everywhere. 4 of us share this one so ya....

Woot friday is just a few days away!!!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I can't stand how tiny the keyboard is, or the fact that they don't have an optical drive. I'd rather spend an extra 100$ for a standard laptop.

forward

Smash Champion
I'll probably want to do some gaming. Diablo 3 looks amazing y'know?

I'm leaning towards a desktop for basically all the advantages you said. The portability is probably less important than having a computer to begin with. Of course I'd get the uber powerful laptop if price wasn't an issue, but it is.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
too bad D3 wont be coming out until probably 2012, knowing Blizzard. maybe if were lucky, well get starcraft 2 before that.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Taj told me Diablo 3 was freakin fun when he played the demo. I still check up on the website for new char updates hahaha.

When it comes out we all need to fork over the cash to get it and play together

Jane

Smash Hero
i never played d2 and don't plan on playing d3 since i know it can be as addicting (if not more than) wow, and that is just too much for me lol.

however, starcraft 2 = OMGGGGGGGG :love::love::love::love::love: skeet skeet skeet skeet

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I remember 4-5 years ago talking about how d3 would prolly be out in 2009... and I thought that was exaggerating T_T Now, seeing how little progress they are showing us, I won't be suprised if d3 isn't out for another decade.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol once D3 is out I will be talking with AZ even more while we all play =]

The tourney was too good guys. I'm glad I finally got to meet most of you

Taj. Come to NM now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom