• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
no! i gotta see them in person!!!! they're so epic in person, like omg!!! i love it lol. haha youtube would be alright ^^ it's just so much more extreme in person, you know?

....pleeeeeeeease?
Oh dude we have gotten waaaaaay better since Genesis too :p

and our tricks are way better in person but hey its a close second to in person amirite?

Good news tho!!! you might not have to wait until Pound 4 to see them again. We MIGHT be going to Forwards tourney next month. I figure he brought a crowd to the tourney David and I ran 2 years back so we might as well pay him back by trying to get more people to his :p

We will come with a full arsenal of tricks lol (assuming we can in fact make it. right now I'd say its strong odds for going. Next week we will know for sure)

tw1n

Smash Champion
WHAT!!! On that picture lol. Wow. Now I gotta try it!

Edit1 of many:
Bwahahahaha!!! I tried doing Wobbles and it guessed Edward Cullen!!! Run Rob!!!! Run for your life!!!

Then I said more questions. 1 I had a hard time answering because it asked if I've ever loved the character... I said no (but I lied. <3 you Rob)
It finally guessed... "A fried of yours" and showed 2 baby monkeys holding each other. Fitting...

I said more questions and it finally came to "a dear friend"... it never even came close to video gamer. How on earth did you get M2K lol (photoshop!!!)

Ok so it shows a list of who has been put on there lol. That list includes
Mango
Ken
M2K
Isai
and now WobblesThePheonix!!!

Time to try Taj

Edit 2:

Ok so now Taj and wobbles are on the list. But taj is not Micheal Jordan!

Edit 3: Hahahahaha. Just did forward. It popped up with wobbles the pheonix and then M2K!!! Bwahahahahaha!! And right before those 2 it guessed John Madden!

tw1n

Smash Champion
As kyle posted, a good chunk of our tricks are up. The one I said is AZ Anger is actually AZ Anger 1. I have a better version of it I wasn't albe to do because plain and simple enough it wasn't my house lol.

Hahaha good stuff on each one tho

Sizzle

I paint controllers
G-Mo: http://www.shopncsx.com/whitegamecubecontroller.aspx

Thats where I got mine from. I have had it around 7 months at least, and it is your standard, high quality Nintendo hardware. I think Play-Asia sells them also. Note the shipping will be more expensive than your typical online purchase since it is being imported. I highly recommend it if you need a new controller.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I desperately need someone I can stay with for the next week or so. Hopefully in Tucson so I can continue to job hunt, but if possible, Phoenix would work too.

Just to explain my situation:

For the last month or so, my mother's boyfriend as been living with the two of us. He's a tolerable guy when he's on his own, but whenever he's around my mom, I'm treated absolute disrespect. He acts like he's some ****ing older brother or some bull****. "Poking" fun at me. Questioning my habits, and hobbies. Trying to force his ideas, and beliefs on me, eating food that I buy, and specifically point out that I do not want anyone else to eat, constantly using my possessions, and generally acting like an obnoxious 12 year old, despite the fact that he's nearly 23. The most annoying bull**** he's been putting me through recently is despite the fact that he KNOWS that I'm an insomniac, he constantly goes OUT OF HIS WAY to wake me up ANY time I'm asleep, and expects me to respect his wishes whenever HE'S asleep. I've been sick for the last 6 days, and I have not gotten more than about 20 hours of sleep combined in the last TWO weeks due to this guy. I've approached him, and my mother on numerous occasions in an attempt to stop this in a peaceful, mature matter, but nothing works. My mom even finds it cute, and rather hilarious, that he's been treating me with absolute disrespect, and probably even extended my illness several days longer than it should have, because i haven't been able to get the proper rest I require.

I desperately need help dealing with this problem. The only suggestions I've been able to think of are rather disrespectful. He deserves nothing more than to be treated like dirt, but I don't want to stoop to his level.

I'm mostly asking if I can couch surf, is because I desperately need to catch up on sleep. I've only gotten a few hours of sleep every other day for the last few weeks. It's probably the reason why I got sick, and why it a week, instead of like 3 days to recover from.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you clean yourself up and your resume and make a plan to find a job in a month or so. Then once you've worked for about a month full time you ought to have enough money to move in with a roommate and have your own room and little bit more freedom. Then maybe once you've worked full time for a year or so you can save enough to move into a small one bedroom or studio.

Problem solved!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I desperately need someone I can stay with for the next week or so. Hopefully in Tucson so I can continue to job hunt, but if possible, Phoenix would work too.

Just to explain my situation:

For the last month or so, my mother's boyfriend as been living with the two of us. He's a tolerable guy when he's on his own, but whenever he's around my mom, I'm treated absolute disrespect. He acts like he's some ****ing older brother or some bull****. "Poking" fun at me. Questioning my habits, and hobbies. Trying to force his ideas, and beliefs on me, eating food that I buy, and specifically point out that I do not want anyone else to eat, constantly using my possessions, and generally acting like an obnoxious 12 year old, despite the fact that he's nearly 23. The most annoying bull**** he's been putting me through recently is despite the fact that he KNOWS that I'm an insomniac, he constantly goes OUT OF HIS WAY to wake me up ANY time I'm asleep, and expects me to respect his wishes whenever HE'S asleep. I've been sick for the last 6 days, and I have not gotten more than about 20 hours of sleep combined in the last TWO weeks due to this guy. I've approached him, and my mother on numerous occasions in an attempt to stop this in a peaceful, mature matter, but nothing works. My mom even finds it cute, and rather hilarious, that he's been treating me with absolute disrespect, and probably even extended my illness several days longer than it should have, because i haven't been able to get the proper rest I require.

I desperately need help dealing with this problem. The only suggestions I've been able to think of are rather disrespectful. He deserves nothing more than to be treated like dirt, but I don't want to stoop to his level.

I'm mostly asking if I can couch surf, is because I desperately need to catch up on sleep. I've only gotten a few hours of sleep every other day for the last few weeks. It's probably the reason why I got sick, and why it a week, instead of like 3 days to recover from.
Your mother's boyfriend is only like, 3 or 4 years older than you?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
FYI, I don't have an issue with talk of drugs, per se. But this IS a public forum, indexed by google. Just a heads up about admitting to illegal activities online. If you ever try to get a job that does a background check, searching google for you name and your handles is the first thing a private investigator (or police officer) will do.

That said: Rubyiris. Goop is right. An important lesson that I learned myself is that financial independence IS independence. Until you are able to support yourself, you are at the mercy of others. And you may not like those other people.

Being an adult means dealing with your situation rationally. Sometimes this means swallowing your pride and doing what's best for yourself. It may be the case that what's best is staying with the people you dislike until you are able to properly move out. It may be the case that what's best is taking a really low end job just to start out.

My first job was working at Popular Outfitters. I made minimum wage, and I sold shoes. I hated it. It was menial work, I was treated poorly, and was intellectually beneath me. But I quickly worked up the money for my first car. $1700 for a used Geo Metro. Oh yea. 3 cylinders, no air conditioning, and 75 mpg!

A correct response is not "But I can't get a job!". And a good plan of action is not "Carpet Bombing" applications to every possible store in town. You have to be honest with yourself. There's a difference between actually trying to get a job, and trying to make it look like you're trying to get a job so that someone else will give you a handout.

Better yourself. If you're bored at home, don't watch TV. Read Wikipedia. Learn. You don't have to be at a university to learn.

Jane

Smash Hero
FYI, I don't have an issue with talk of drugs, per se. But this IS a public forum, indexed by google. Just a heads up about admitting to illegal activities online. If you ever try to get a job that does a background check, searching google for you name and your handles is the first thing a private investigator (or police officer) will do.
aside from a private investigator doing an INTENSIVE search for me involving my family and friends, someone offering me a job or a police officer would never find me on the internet, anywhere, by using any information publicly know about me.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you would be surprised.

In just a couple of seconds, I found your Myspace page from your public profile. I know know your real name, what school you go to, the names of your friends, pictures of you, etc... From this I can easily get your social security number, your home address, phone numbers, bank accounts, you name it.

A professional PI (that jobs and law enforcement hire to do background checks) do this day in and day out. You have a surprisingly little amount of privacy and anonymity, even online.

Jane

Smash Hero
haha yeah YOU can find me, easily, because i have a link to my myspace on this site.

an employer would only be able to search for me through the information i provided in my application/resume - my full name, my address, my (cell) phone number, location, zip, etc etc. with this information, you couldn't find me. they wouldn't look on this site, they would google me, check social networking sites for my name, maybe even try nicknames like johnny, or john (my full name is jonathan). they wouldn't find me, so i'm not worried about losing a job.

as for a PI, i only partially agree with you, how would they find me in your opinion? probably their best bet would be to know that a very common handle i use online is jane, how would they know this? only through knowing and speaking with my friends. at which point i think i'd have a bigger problem to worry about since there is a professional investigator looking for me, and talking about smoking weed would be the least of my worries.

now if i try to get a job within the government, maybe... maybe.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
What info can you dig up on me Dan?
You masturbate more than anyone on the planet.

Jane said:
how would they find me in your opinion?
Suppose I were a Private Investigator. I was given your resume, and needed to do a background check on you. What are some of the things I could do?

Well, I could spend some time in front of a computer and google around, like I just did. Your MySpace page, Facebook, Twitter, school records, and all kinds of things pop up. They all paint a pretty good picture of the kind of person you are and what you do.

Then I can access some special databases that only PI's really have access to. (It's why you have to be licensed to be a PI, among other reasons) From this, you can pull up social security numbers, bank accounts, passports, flight records, any major transportation, and all kinds of stuff.

These all add up, you see. There might not be any one piece of information that says: "I have an uncle in Mexico that grows marijuana, and I buy from him." But I surely will see that you advertise you like marijuana, you have an uncle who does as well, you take out large sums of cash from your bank account one a year, and then fly to mexico and back.

Then if I want to get more information I can physically go to you. I can talk to friends, coworkers, ex-coworkers, or all kinds of people. But this isn't a police investigation. I don't need to say that I'm a police officer because I'm not. I can just be "an old friend from school a while back trying to meet up with you again" or some other cover story. People will give up all kinds of info on you.

Then I can listen in to your phone calls and internet traffic. This is quite easy to do, actually, but I won't bother you with how right now. It's a fun topic to talk about if we ever meet up in person, though! Doing this can give all kinds of information. Are you cheating in school? Do you go to illegal parties? Do you belong to extremist political groups? Do you do anything that is considered "bad" but not necessarily illegal? I will find out.

And lots more.

Jane

Smash Hero
Well, I could spend some time in front of a computer and google around, like I just did. Your MySpace page, Facebook, Twitter, school records, and all kinds of things pop up. They all paint a pretty good picture of the kind of person you are and what you do.
like i said, googling around and searching social networking sites simply with my resume wouldn't work. and although i'm not completely positive, i'm PRETTY sure a PI wouldn't be able to access my school records, as that is confidential to me, my parents, and people involving official school business.

Then I can access some special databases that only PI's really have access to. (It's why you have to be licensed to be a PI, among other reasons) From this, you can pull up social security numbers, bank accounts, passports, flight records, any major transportation, and all kinds of stuff.
can they really? can an individual hire a PI, and find out one's SSN, bank accounts etc, and share this information with the person who hired them? because anyone can hire a PI, but if they can't share this information with said person, what's the point? this isn't a sarcastic question btw, i really would like to know if this is true or not as i have no idea.

Then if I want to get more information I can physically go to you. I can talk to friends, coworkers, ex-coworkers, or all kinds of people. But this isn't a police investigation. I don't need to say that I'm a police officer because I'm not. I can just be "an old friend from school a while back trying to meet up with you again" or some other cover story. People will give up all kinds of info on you.
THIS is why i believe a PI could find me. so i completely agree with you there.

Then I can listen in to your phone calls and internet traffic. This is quite easy to do, actually, but I won't bother you with how right now. It's a fun topic to talk about if we ever meet up in person, though! Doing this can give all kinds of information. Are you cheating in school? Do you go to illegal parties? Do you belong to extremist political groups? Do you do anything that is considered "bad" but not necessarily illegal? I will find out.
i'm sure this is possible, but in order to prosecute me, you would need legal evidence, and anything gathered from tapping my phone and my computer, would be completely illegal. of course i'm not saying that this would completely throw everything out the window, as simply knowing about my "uncle in mexico that i buy weed from" would be enough to eventually catch me in the act.

so what i'm saying is, yeah, a PI would more than likely find out a lot about me, however i'm not worried, since i don't plan on doing anything that will merit hiring a private investigator to find out everything i do.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i doubt most employers bother hiring a PI since they're too cheap to bother NOT hiring marijuana smokers

since you know, the only real reason they drug test their employees is to lower their insurance. why make a hired PI (which i presume are very expensive) do all that work if they're trying to save money?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was speaking in the context of a private investigator. Not a police investigation. So, yes, that sort of thing is illegal for law enforcement to do. In order for the police to wiretap you, they need a court ordered search warrant.

But a PI is not law enforcement, and requires no court orders. They are not looking for things to prosecute you for. That would be a police investigation. They are just looking for things to exclude you from getting your job / security clearance / political position / anything that you are trying to get.

Even insurance companies do this. They look up information on you to find out things that could possibly exclude you from receiving benefits. This sort of thing happens way more than you probably thought.

And yes, they can share this information with others. This is all public (yet sensitive) information.

Remember back when I said I worked for Popular Outfitters? One of the things we did there was sell hunting licenses. In order to get one, we had to take your social security number. When you go to the doctors office, the hospital, school, work, or just about anywhere, you give out this kind of info.

What are the chances that the minimum wage worker taking your information is going to record it and sell it on the black market? Or what are the chances that the computer they type the number into has a virus that steals the numbers as they're typed in.

Secrets? Please. There is no such thing.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Dogma reference ftw.

And the next appropriate response was "Dude not all the time."

And to Tais':
"What happened!?"
"Well first he said 'But I'm a ****ing demon' then he died."

To save myself from a long quote I will just say that AltF4 is awesome and giving sound advice.

Look at me, I've worked at the same fast food place for 5 years!!! I dont hate it as much as the fact that I hate not making gross amounts of money like many of my friends, but it schedules me around my school, events (such as video game tourneys, MMA stuff, magic shows, etc.).

Point is a job is a job, And you need to really get yourself out there and not make excuses about it. For every application you turn in call them back in 2 or 3 days. Let them know you really want to work there. I get about 10 applicants a day and maybe 1 out of a month will call back. And guess what, those who call back get the job.

And you need to be smart with the money too. You can't just go around and buy stuff because you have money to spare.

Budget it out:

-Bills and essentials come first. Essentials being food, gas, etc. Note on the food that you can't always go out and eat. Home cooked meals are cheapest.

-The take whatever you have left and put 50% or 75% aside for savings and the rest is free spending money. The more you set aside the sooner you will reach that inependence you are looking for.

It's far from easy, life is far from easy. But it's possible. Good things come to those who wait and try hard. Look at my bro and I, we grew up in a dirt poor family, we don't know our dad or anything about him even, and our mom ****ed us over by having things like loans and bills put in our names and never paying them. Yet we both teach self defence and MMA, we both do magic and make time out for competitive gaming, we both ork 40 hours or more a week, and we both are about to graduate college with degrees (mine is accounting and marketing his is in engineering).

Anything is possible, it just wont be easy.

Top Bottom