• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
G-Mo: http://www.shopncsx.com/whitegamecubecontroller.aspx

Thats where I got mine from. I have had it around 7 months at least, and it is your standard, high quality Nintendo hardware. I think Play-Asia sells them also. Note the shipping will be more expensive than your typical online purchase since it is being imported. I highly recommend it if you need a new controller.
Thanks, Sizzle. Imma get one of these summbiatches.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol AltF4... you soound like a beast. But you are very ligical with everything you put there.

One of the best parts in Dogma is after Loki (Matt Damon) shoots up that entire boardroom except the woman and then looks and her and says "Gum?" holding out a stick of gum like nothing happened lol =]

"But you didn't say god bless you when I sneazed!"
"LOKI!"
"...you got off easy."

Nun: Let me get this straight: you don't believe in God because of "Alice in Wonderland"?
Loki: No, through the looking glass. That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll ****in' spank you."

Hahaha Dogma quotes for the win. Movie is playing right now

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Dan never ceases to amaze me. Ily dan, no homo.

In other news, I confronted mc douchebag again. Hopefully something will change.

Also; I completely disagree with what Dan had to say about my job hunting habits. I'd also like to elaborate and say that I've made a habit out of constantly pestering places I'm really interested in, that are near-by my home. It's gotten me noticed, but I still didn't get the position, which really disappointed me.

...I probably needed the job more than them, too. =\

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
It's not about who needs the job, it's about who is the most qualified.

Xander, I know it's a catch 21 of not being able to get a job because you don't have experience and you don't have experience because you don't have a job.

You may have to suck it up and volunteer at a position in order to get the experience you need. Extracurricular activities are easy to sign up for and usually free. Having anything on a resume that shows any kind of experience working with people helps close the big gap.

Places that are actually hiring have the highest priority, obviously. Look online and apply there before you resort to turning in applications where they are "always taking them".

Your image is crucial. There are people with ponytails and beards working, but foodservice sectors save themselves a lot of trouble when they hire cleanly shaven, short-haired men (for sanitary issues). Just a 5 o' clock shadow really hinders your image. When you're looking for a job they're judging you by your first impression. Look sharp when you get the application, and turn it in to the manager directly. A confident smile and firm handshake goes a long way.

Lastly, the interview is the make-or-break moment. I'm sure you fill out applications fine since you've turned in so many around town (though you need more work experience and professional references to fill it up). That interview is where they see how you behave. Wear your best suit and tie (if you don't have a good one, go to Savers and get one). Make them believe that you'll do anything for that job at anytime and that you can smile at the most rude customers. If you let them know that you can deal customers with empathy, your chances are boosted significantly.

Those are by far the most important things, but if you have time then all the little things like cover letters are what make you stand out as an applicant. Focus on a few applications and put some oomph into them instead of turning in bland, generic applications everywhere.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Try even a fast food place near you. A job is a job
I'd like to point out that I've applied to every fast food place within a 5 square mile radius of my home, at least three times.

Jackie, where should I look for volunteer work? Maybe a more impressive resume will help.

I'm not sure though, since most places don't require one.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Craiglist is very helpful. Tucson Parks and Recreation is fun if you can handle kids.

If a place does not require resumes and you turn one in, it just makes you stand out more which is exactly what you want to do. For the right reasons, of course. A cover letter adds another level of professionalism.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Rubyiris have you tried looking on craigslist? employers ususally post ads there because they need people fast.
Just be sure it's an official job and not some "Come massage my **** for half an hour and have a 73% chance of being murdered" job.

Seriously anything were you have to fill out paper work and official government required documents with a steady hourly (or salary) based pay is good. nothing "under the table"

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
DO NOT WORK ANYWHERE THAT HAS CHILDREN

they are soulless horrible people that suck the life out of you.

don't do it. they are the reason why I hate life.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
DO NOT WORK ANYWHERE THAT HAS CHILDREN

they are soulless horrible people that suck the life out of you.

don't do it. they are the reason why I hate life.
I thought you hated life because of that one time I cuddled with you.

..oh wait that was Forward...

..and Taj

...and Bryce

...And Mang0

...And I tackled Jman onto a bed as a joke once too...

d*mn, I'm straight and I've cuddled with more guys than any AZ player has girls. Poor poor AZ smashers :p

haha kidding.

To this day the Forward cuddling thing is one of the funnier things I've done :p

VatZero were you at?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hi AZ!

I need a little help right now. Could you guys link me to that Tournament Bracket program you guys always use at, like...tournaments? lol

Thanks!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Good joke: Womens rights.

haha kidding.

Alright so I googled "Joke of the day" and got this:

"The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house." -Jeff Foxworthy

So how goes the job hunting? I'm about to graduate with my degree in business so if you have any questions about the interviewing process or anything just ask

Jane

Smash Hero
im just glad i don't have to be at school at 8 in the ****ing morning anymore >_> god i hated that so much.

i start at 10 and 11 now :]

Jane

Smash Hero
do all/most colleges you the whole credit hours thing?

also twin what kinda self defense ya teach? im taking kickboxing! :D thats actually my very first class, which i will be in in 2 hours...

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I've wrestled for 11 years, I've trained in Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, Jujitsu, Boxing, Brazilian Jujitsu, and I've been in a fair amount of fights haha. I've also done a little kick boxing. Be prepared to do a lot of stairs (running up and down stairs repeatedly to build leg strength).

My brother and I did a self defense seminar randomly the night before Genesis at the ramada when I was training with taj lol.

<3 UTD

Top Bottom